BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryanair

Travelling soon with Lufthansa Airways and return with Swiss Airways. Anyone had any experience travelling with these. If so, are they any good?

Cheers

Flown with Lufhansa quite a lot and never really had a problem with them. One of the better airlines IMO.

In a nutshell. So why the grump Bryan? Ryanair are ably providing cheap flights for the millions who cannot afford to harbour your objections and in fact don't give a flying one about wheelchairs and toilets on the plane just so long as they can spend the money saved on strong lager before spewing it all back up and more besides in some unfortunate and hitherto unsuspecting european destination.

:laugh:

The grump comes from when I had to travel back from Germany whern I was working out there, and RyanAir were the only carriers going from teh local airport.

Sometimes it's hard to avoid travelling with them.

I'd like to visit Trieste at some stage, and the last time I looked, RyanAir were the only carrier operating between there and London.

we aren't all made of money nor do we all have these rather snobbish attitudes .

What on earth are you about? 'Snobbish attitudes', what on earth does that mean? You're on a bit of a class warfare rampage at the moment aren't you? Ryanair aren't the only budget airline. Criticising them (justifiably I might add) does not constitute an attack on poor people (who I presume aren't renting villas on holiday). Catch yourself on.

Simple solution ..........don't use them .

But leave the rest of us to have the freedom of choice - we aren't all made of money nor do we all have these rather snobbish attitudes .

Personally I'll gladly put up with a bit of "inconvenience" :mellow: if it saves me paying into the cartels that existed before the likes of Stavros and O'Leary came along .

O'leary is a self publicist all right but all you need to do is read the terms and conditions and plan accordingly . I have only ever had one bad experience with low cost airlines and it wasn't with either Easyjet of Ryanair .

Sums it up perfectly. Ryanair was great the first time I was in Lux - it was cheap enough with the inconvenient takeoff times for me to go over twice for matches. Had my inconveniences using them, but nothing I haven't had on non-budget airlines.

Fortunately, now that VLM flies out of Luxembourg, you can get decent priced flights without the 90 minute bus ride to Hahn!

As for the toilets, with all the drunk Irish that fly it, they'll make a fortune.

And for the person who asked about Swiss Air, it's brilliant. Probably my favorite to fly (if the company is paying for it).

Can anyone find a flight from Barcelona to Heathrow on May 4th (Bank Holiday) in the evening cheaper than the £350 I'm being quoted by BA? Only need one way......

There are a couple of EasyJet's into Luton or Stansted, but as far as I can see only BA/Iberia does the BCN to LHR route.

Germanwings fly from Barcelona to Stuttgart and Colgne-Bonn, Air Berlin fly to Dusseldorf - those three available on that Monday pm for about 60 Euros which leaves you plenty of scope to get to Heathrow for less than the direct fare. Times might not suit though.

There's also Transavia or Vueling to Amsterdam, Easyjet to Lyon, and Vueling / Easyjet / Air France to Paris, all possible transit points for LHR.

If you really want the cheapest fare, use www.sidestep.com and tick or nearest alternative.

Prices change in real time. Last night return tickets Los Angeles-New York return flying today wobbled $400 to $500 flying out of Burbank, Orange County and Long Beach but suddenly a $300 LAX-JFK appeared and I grabbed it.

If you really want the cheapest fare, use www.sidestep.com and tick or nearest alternative.

Prices change in real time. Last night return tickets Los Angeles-New York return flying today wobbled $400 to $500 flying out of Burbank, Orange County and Long Beach but suddenly a $300 LAX-JFK appeared and I grabbed it.

Richie Valance and the Big Bopper did that too Philip. :o

Archived