BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbing (please Do Not Use That Word Again) Beware!

and in this case 24/7.

My daughter hopped in a taxi in town early Sun am, dropped her friend off on Beardwood and came back towards our house. A trip of no more than 5 miles. She was clutching a tenner when the driver demanded £14! :angry2: Unlike my son and I she was scared to object and so she paid him. Needless to say that I am currently in protracted conversation with the owner of 24/7 etc.

They really are shady tawts though. I recently was asked for £8 for a 1.8 mile ride from the Woodlands. He got 4 and was bloody thankful in the end.... although more than a touch surly. Oddly he never said thank you nor bade me goodnight! <_<

Just so all you young uns know ....... within Blackburn the 1st mile is currently £2.80 with each subsequent mile being £1. Drop offs are a few pence each so check the mileometer when you get in and don't let the bstards stiff you. I've always tipped em a couple of quid or so but screw em........... I'll just get even.

The Cabs don't have meters?

Private hire don't.

That's been going on for years and not just in Blackburn

:o So thats OK then is it? With your attitude it's small wonder Paul. If people don't want ripping off they need to be aware of the recommended rates.

:o So thats OK then is it? With your attitude it's small wonder Paul. If people don't want ripping off they need to be aware of the recommended rates.

Don't be an idiot, you really need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Of course it's not OK I'm just saying it's not new in anyway at all. My eldest used to complain frequently about attempted rip offs from Chorley, Preston and Blackburn private hire.

BTW some private hire do have meters

Private hire cars in Manchester have meters in them.

Perhaps it would be useful if you could contact BwD BC and explain the problem and a potential solution.

Put meters in to stop unscrupulous drivers ripping-off the public.

The Taxis here ask where your going and then tell you the price before you get in.

You always have to pay upfront now because people were doing runners from the taxis when you have reached the destination and not paying the fee.

When I was in Amsterdam, a few mates and I got into a taxi which was a top of the range Mercedes. The driver asked if we didn't mind stopping for a 5 mins on the way to take care of some business. We didn't mind as he said he would knock a few euros off the fee. Ended up in some kind of building/ warehouse where he was closing a deal with the Columbian Cartel!!!!! unbelievable experience!

The greatest ride in a taxi was also in the Dam. Go on one of those bicycle pulling cart taxis a little bit worse for wear. Zooming though the red light district skidding round corners and avoiding people by millimeters with some fantastic views was amazing.

Quite simple solution .

Firstly use the same firm . Ring them first and get a price before departing .

Secondly , for any lady who gets ripped off ; get the number of the cab and ensure that the owner gets a good kicking next time he's seen .

Simple , but effective :closedeyes:

Quite simple solution .

Firstly use the same firm . Ring them first and get a price before departing .

Secondly , for any lady who gets ripped off ; get the number of the cab and ensure that the owner gets a good kicking next time he's seen .

Simple , but effective :closedeyes:

Not the best advice for our younger readers Phil. :rolleyes:

But it's a lot easier to understand the 'Taxi driver gets attacked' stories that appear regularly on the front page of the LT accompanied by a piccy of some glum looking taxi driver with a black eye.

Au contraire , Drog .

A taxi driver taking the pi$$ out of young females deserves a bit of a slap .

A little more effective than sending for plod or ringing the council ....

Nope I'm standing my ground here Phil.

1. 'A bit of a slap' would not be assault ... that would be racist assault. Don't you know that slapping a taxi driver comes between murdering a copper and raining bricks down of ambulencemen and firefighters in police priority.

2. You surely know that battering one in a fair fight and 4 will turn up later with baseball bats?

Nope I'm standing my ground here Phil.

1. 'A bit of a slap' would not be assault ... that would be racist assault. Don't you know that slapping a taxi driver comes between murdering a copper and raining bricks down of ambulencemen and firefighters in police priority.

2. You surely know that battering one in a fair fight and 4 will turn up later with baseball bats?

Maybe you should have stated that the taxi driver was Asian .

Personally I'm anti racist and would treat all abusers of women in the same manner .

I would , naturally , be extra vigilant that the rest of the clan would not be at hand - easier said than done admittedly in these sad times .

Of course I am aware that Asians tend to fight only when the odds are heavily stacked in their favour . It goes without saying that every white man (and woman) in town knows that ...........

Forgive me, I'm talking about England. Not South Africa or the Bronx.

Any real news sources?

I think you need to get out a bit more ADB .

There's a hell of a lot worse than a few beatings or nabbing a few quid with menaces going on around town .

Paedophilia and grooming of white girls for example is commonplace . In fact ripping off a few customers in taxi fares is small beer in comparison .

Maybe you should have stated that the taxi driver was Asian .

Personally I'm anti racist

Of course I am aware that Asians tend to fight only when the odds are heavily stacked in their favour . It goes without saying that every white man (and woman) in town knows that ...........

So you're not racist, but you say that Asians have a pack mentality. That's not racist? Stereotypical, certainly.

Get out more? The most aggressive, pack mentality morons are white, dressed in tracksuits and swigging cider outside the local Spar. There are some aggressive, nasty Asians, but there are equally plenty of nasty White members of the population too. Off the top of my head, 7 people I know have been "jumped" in the recent past. Guess how many of those were jumped by a gang of white males? 7. That's right. And how many were jumped by Asians? None. That's right. I'm more worried walking down the street about a bunch of boozed up scallies than Asians, to be honest mate. Based on personal experience. But I'm sure you can provide limitless instances of "nasty" Asian unprovoked attacks on entirely innocent people. And The Daily Mail isn't the be-all end-all, you know.

You do make me laugh.

So you're not racist, but you say that Asians have a pack mentality. That's not racist? Stereotypical, certainly.

Get out more? The most aggressive, pack mentality morons are white,

Sorry ADB you can no longer make direct racist accusations like that on here. This site does not tolerate direct racist accusations any more. If you must say such things which effectively direct hatred at one single race then you need to find another web site. :tu:

Simply a statement of fact to say that Asians in town generally do NOT fight one to one . They fight in gangs , virtually without exception against numerically inferior numbers . I've lived in town for 20 years and I have never encountered a fair fight involving one Asian against one other person of any race , creed or colour .

You seem to have the same experience regard to whites - that's your experience and I won't demean myself by getting into a childish "you're a racist" slanging match .

And if you wish to be taking more seriously than the usual suspects on here I suggest yoou give it a rest with the Daily Mail angle . Don't you realise how tedious this supposed "insult" is becoming and how immature it makes you sound ? Leave it to Jim , Tony Gale , Colin and co ... :rolleyes:

Sorry ADB you can no longer make direct racist accusations like that on here. This site does not tolerate direct racist accusations any more. If you must say such things which effectively direct hatred at one single race then you need to find another web site. :tu:

If that was true, you'd have been out the door years ago. :tu:

And if you wish to be taking more seriously than the usual suspects on here I suggest yoou give it a rest with the Daily Mail angle . Don't you realise how tedious this supposed "insult" is becoming and how immature it makes you sound ? Leave it to Jim , Tony Gale , Colin and co ... rolleyes.gif

Have you never stopped to wonder why so many people say it? :rolleyes:

You seem to have the same experience regard to whites - that's your experience and I won't demean myself by getting into a childish "you're a racist" slanging match .

That wasn't what I intended. I was just pointing out the way in which you were grouping an entire continent as having a gang mentality. I have no doubt at all that some Asians are nasty gits who batter people for no reason. Just as there are white people who do exactly the same. It's just the tarring of the brush I don't agree with.

Archived