BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunn kept quite fit during the Hughes regime (without checking the statistics). I wonder if the change of regimes is the cause of Dunn returning to his injury-riddled ways.

He was always slow under Hughes reign its just the strength of the team in other areas hid that fact.

£ for £ probably Mark Hughes' worst signing.

He would have been on a free 5 months after we shelled out good money for him, and we certainly didn't get 1.5 million quids worth of value out of Dunn between January and June 2007.

Or any time since. Has he ever managed to string more than half a dozen consecutive games together?

I can't believe that he's fallen out with the manager though ... that would put BFS in the same boat as Souness :unsure:

I agree but we would not have got him on a free as we pinched him from failing a medical at Bolton!

Dunn kept quite fit during the Hughes regime (without checking the statistics). I wonder if the change of regimes is the cause of Dunn returning to his injury-riddled ways.

He palyed but never looked fit under Hughes. He looked slow. Against Everton in the first game of the season he looked and played like the Dunny of old. Its just a shame he got injured the game after. I'm afraid it is the story of his career of nearly breaking through.

I can't see the stories of anybody willing to pay any money for him being remotely true. From Rovers point of view it may be as well to pay him his contract up and let him go and play in the lower divisions.

Watching him decline first hand as a Rovers player is a sad, sad sight.

He palyed but never looked fit under Hughes. He looked slow. Against Everton in the first game of the season he looked and played like the Dunny of old. Its just a shame he got injured the game after. I'm afraid it is the story of his career of nearly breaking through.

I can't see the stories of anybody willing to pay any money for him being remotely true. From Rovers point of view it may be as well to pay him his contract up and let him go and play in the lower divisions.

Watching him decline first hand as a Rovers player is a sad, sad sight.

Shame to lose both Derbyshire and Dunn from the squad. Takes the local character out of the side. It won't seem the same somehow. Let's hope Judge or someone steps up. Won't be Tracey I fear!

Sell him for £2m+. He is too injury prone, and Judge would be a better squad player in time I'm sure. Cheaper wages too. Then we can search for a real midfielder. I wonder if we can do a 'buy one, get one free' deal and give them Steven Reid.

Who on earth would pay 2 million for Dunn?

Have you forgotten the maestro?

Ah, yeah I did forget Toogs. More talent in his little finger than our current crop of wasters.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Also, I'm absolutely adament that Ince, knowing his job was on the line and knowing how important Dunn was the the team, rushed him back from a long-term injury, I just know it.

I seem to recall the LET reporting that both Dunny and Reid where both back in pre season training 5 weeks before the rest of the squad.

Lot of good that did for either of them.

Neither seems able to stay injury free, one injury clears up and another one starts.

Get shut for whatever we can get, I'm sorry to say.

We need players to perform at 100% for as many games as possible,

Just imagine if the crocks of Dunn, Reid & Grella were replaced with 3 midfielders of the same ability but are never injured! That would be a massive improvement to our squad.

BIG rebuilding job needs to start this summer.

:rover: the guy is never fit,and if a club is willing to pay any amount i would take it,replace him with a ageing has been,just like bfs does :brfcsmilie:

Givet? Diouff? Hardly ageing has beens. If you actually went to matches you'd be able to judge. The only ageing has-been Robbie Fowler was signed by the useless pratt that you hero worshipped. You really are losing it waggy.

I seem to recall the LET reporting that both Dunny and Reid where both back in pre season training 5 weeks before the rest of the squad.

Lot of good that did for either of them.

Neither seems able to stay injury free, one injury clears up and another one starts.

Get shut for whatever we can get, I'm sorry to say.

We need players to perform at 100% for as many games as possible,

I'll say it again, Dunn was absolutely hammered by Hull. Deliberately targetted? He was hacked down from behind at least 4 times in the first half with no protection from the officials. That resulted in an achilles tendon injury which kept him out long-term. NOT his usual injury.

His old ijuries have returned as he tries to recover from a long lay-off.

Whilst I understand the frustration with Dunny’s injures I would be really disappointing to see him go.

When fit I think he is our best technically gifted midfielder who is not shy to run at players. However the injuries are unfortunately overshadowing his performances on the park

Football is a business. There is no logical reasoning in keeping Dunn for past footballing glories or because he is a local lad. The club has to be practical especially in the financial situation Rovers find themselves in.

If Rovers can get any money for him then I'd snatch their hand off.

Rovers need to trim players who are rarely fit from a very small squad. Dunn, Reid plus the Swiss version of the invisble man are three wages which would be better spent on players who can turn out for the club week in week out.

None are getting any younger and with every passing week their value declines so I'd be looking to pay them up now. It would not be good for this year's books I know but would free up cash for next year.

I am sorry to see Ooijer leaving- always been a fan. Dunn also has that bit of extra class that teams in the PL need.

Quite honestly, all this chat is massively premature. Let's see where we are in May first.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sam hasn't tipped off his old mate Sbragia to say something to get Dunn's head focussed on getting back to top form.

I'll say it again, Dunn was absolutely hammered by Hull. Deliberately targetted? He was hacked down from behind at least 4 times in the first half with no protection from the officials. That resulted in an achilles tendon injury which kept him out long-term. NOT his usual injury.

His old ijuries have returned as he tries to recover from a long lay-off.

It was this injury that he was rushed back from. Ince knew he faced the axe and needed somebody to win him games. Dunn returned to first team action several weeks earlier than had been expected and he wasn't ready.

I'm not defending his injury record here, just criticising Ince's ineptitude.

I think your all mad for wanting to sell him.

If we sell Dunn, we will have one less home grown player in our squad. Given the lack of talent coming through we need to keep him and sort him out. I refuse to believe that under Sam next year we cannot push for europe.

PS I was at brockhall last week and hobbling around like a 90 year old?????, not what I saw.

I´d rather keep him and use him as a sub than sell him if thats what it takes.

Anyway hello all from barcelona just so you know it rains here all the time too.

Some unbelievable comments on here.

I would imagine rumours of Dunn and Sam falling out are completely wide of the mark as I was lucky enough to go on a trip round Brockhall two weeks ago and Dunn was working on his own under supervision in the swimming recovery pool.

Apart from that he's our only (almost fit) midfielder who isn't about a hundred and eight with a modicum of creativity.

But hey let's sell him - but let's not forget to put him in the stocks and pelt him with rotten tomatoes before he goes. :rolleyes:

Have to disagree with Tris on this as well. For just 1m plus add ons I don't think he was a bad signing, and we would never have got him on a free, as he was about ten minutes away from putting pen to paper for Bolton as I recall.

Some unbelievable comments on here.

I would imagine rumours of Dunn and Sam falling out are completely wide of the mark as I was lucky enough to go on a trip round Brockhall two weeks ago and Dunn was working on his own under supervision in the swimming recovery pool.

Apart from that he's our only (almost fit) midfielder who isn't about a hundred and eight with a modicum of creativity.

But hey let's sell him - but let's not forget to put him in the stocks and pelt him with rotten tomatoes before he goes. :rolleyes:

Have to disagree with Tris on this as well. For just 1m plus add ons I don't think he was a bad signing, and we would never have got him on a free, as he was about ten minutes away from putting pen to paper for Bolton as I recall.

Good post, I'd say I agree with this.

If we could bring in two central midfielders in the summer with some creativity and who could make an immediate impact, then I could understand letting him go. Unfortunately, building a team takes time and we don't have the resources to add another two central midfielders to the forty seven we already have.

Archived