BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nathan Blake

The Arsenal one wasn't as bad as people make out. We threw them the ball but Winterburn (AKA Redundant Defensive Coach) was messing around waiting for it to go out for a goal kick. Sutton did wait initially, but then chased it down when they took too long.

As you would do when you're battling relegation with only 4 games to go. Storm in a teacup.

The Arse where time wasting, if anyone was being unsporting it was them

Yep. They were one up and kicked the ball out for their own player to call the physio on. Rovers threw the ball to them and Arsenal thought we shouldn't tackle them. Jeez, if all teams did this, it would become a farce.

Time all this kicking the ball out of play was stopped. The ref can blow his whistle, if necessary. It's just an excuse for a rest nowadays.

Yep. They were one up and kicked the ball out for their own player to call the physio on. Rovers threw the ball to them and Arsenal thought we shouldn't tackle them. Jeez, if all teams did this, it would become a farce.

Time all this kicking the ball out of play was stopped. The ref can blow his whistle, if necessary. It's just an excuse for a rest nowadays.

? You're not supposed to do it anymore.

The enigma that is Nathan Blake, the biggest black Welshman to ever come out of Wales.

the only real thing I can recall about the large ar$ed centre forward is the £600 I won at Anfield because of him. Cup match, Liverpool v Rovers, Tony Parkes 11 taking on the best that Liverpool could muster and Rovers there for the taking.

Big Nate scored the goal to give Rovers a 1-0 win. I had a double on at the Anfield Road End for us to win 1-0 and him to score the goal, a nice tenner at 60-1 in the second half.

Not only was my red supporting father in law depressed at losing, he was absolutely gutted at watching me take the bookies to the cleaners having ridiculed me pre match.

Back to my original post.

I've been given this link. The Portmouth keeper suffered from narcolepsy. It's an illness that means that you drop off to sleep without warning.

here

Cue comments about Rovers' defenders.............

I think there was something similar happened in one of the lower leagues happened a few years ago. can't remember who it was. When they tried to back pass and it went in. then they let them score from the kick off

I think that was a game involving Yeovil Town. Remember it being played on SSN a few years back.

Another one was the game between Forest and Leicester. One of the Leicester players I think collapsed, causing the game to be called off. Forest were leading 1-0 at the time, but the game had to be replayed. However, Leicester allowed Forest to score at the start, so they would still have there 1 goal lead.

The Sutton incident actually stopped us being relegated. I'm sure we only stayed up by 1 point. Remember Parkes hammering him in the press for it.

IIRC he said something along the lines of Sutton being too dim to realise what he was doing. Lovely bit of support from the boss.

This is a good point. Arsenal are the worst team in the league for time wasting by feigning injury, and have been evidently for quite some time.

Archived