BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers International Updates

Poor keeping from the Finland goalie.

Especially bad for Norways second goal. His attempt to block the shot with his legs was abysmal.

I can't believe how deluded footballers are. Gamst acting without an ounce of humility (can I check, did he actually mean to cup his hands to his ears - or was it like his "trip" against Arsenal - an act of God?) and then when I made the heinous error of watching the England match, I hear a bunch of morons saying that England were playing well.

your such a happy chap!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So pessimistic.

I agree with the guy who said this goal will do wonders for Gamst's confidence. I bet he will score 2 or 3 goals from now on and till the end of the season against Wbrom - starting with a brace against Spurs on Saturday.

To the other slathing BH Riise - you didn't see the way he ran like hell from the midfield and down into the defence and stopped Forssel (I think it was) from shooting. Matchwinning effort!

I wasn´t slating him, I was just pointing out that he was considered the best on the night because of his ability to run. Maybe he should take up athletics?

Look, MGP was poor/rubbish last night and he certainly wasn´t alone. Yes, he had a good cross for our second and his volley finish was well taken. He also sliced crosses behind the goal, waylaid passes and failed to cover guys - like he did when Finland were allowed to cross and score their first. Riise and Hangeland were tidy, the rest were poor. I find this whole "Drillo" optimism puzzling. He is the past, not the future. And personally I think it is a shame that the FA (and the people) are looking to him as a way to progress.

I hear a bunch of morons saying that England were playing well.

Did England win?

Have England won all the qualifiers so far?

Performances don't win games, goals do! If performances did then we would have beaten west ham by a country mile.

I can't believe how deluded footballers are. Gamst acting without an ounce of humility (can I check, did he actually mean to cup his hands to his ears - or was it like his "trip" against Arsenal - an act of God?)

Humility? You mean, because he scored the winning goal in injury time with a well placed volley shot?

As for his celebrations, good on him. I have the pleasure of filling the Ullevaal crowd's stomachs with beer and pizza pre-match, and I have watched most of Norway's home games live. These people are absolute morons (in general, because what you hear is what you will base your opinion on) - and they've been booing Gamst Pedersen for quite some time - because of poor performances in a team full of them. He's known for being "the hair gel model with the well paid contract", and this has made him a scapegoat - a bit undeservedly.

He's not been playing well, but he is finding his feet again at International level, and he doesn't deserve being booed before even making an error. I fully support his celebrations!

Did England win?

Have England won all the qualifiers so far?

Performances don't win games, goals do! If performances did then we would have beaten west ham by a country mile.

England are a good enough side that the two should come together, but I still think they did OK last night and in general have played very well in qualification matches so far. Anyone being critical of the performance is being a bit harsh on the side, but I would be a bit worried if that was carried over into future games.

Maybe we should start booing Pedersen if it gets him scoring goals like that again, never seen MGP even show a remote bit of anger before, he must have learnt that celebration of Lucash it was very reminiscent to the one he did when he scored for us in the UEFA Cup after being booed.

In all seriousness you should never boo your own players. It's only the same with England though, the likes of Lampard and Ashley Cole get regularly booed.

Humility? You mean, because he scored the winning goal in injury time with a well placed volley shot?

As for his celebrations, good on him. I have the pleasure of filling the Ullevaal crowd's stomachs with beer and pizza pre-match, and I have watched most of Norway's home games live. These people are absolute morons (in general, because what you hear is what you will base your opinion on) - and they've been booing Gamst Pedersen for quite some time - because of poor performances in a team full of them. He's known for being "the hair gel model with the well paid contract", and this has made him a scapegoat - a bit undeservedly.

He's not been playing well, but he is finding his feet again at International level, and he doesn't deserve being booed before even making an error. I fully support his celebrations!

Herbs, maybe you're right. I was thinking of Gamst's celebration as being a delusionally snooty, "See, I am a genius!" gesture.

But maybe it was a, "Oh, so now you think I'm a genius, do you?" gesture. Which is more acceptable - because it carries an element of humility.

If you get me drift.

your such a happy chap!!!

I think it's a sign that I'm getting old. So much stuff gets me seething in the stomach and wanting to bash out an Abbey-esque diatribe with my fists. Gamst's dive and then attempts to defy every scientific, mathematic and psychological law known to man by pretending he didn't try to claim a penalty nearly tipped me over the edge.

MGP had three excellent shooting chances against West Ham. They all went high wide and ugly but if MGP believes he can smack them on target again, he'll start scoring for Rovers like he has started scoring for Norway.

This guy is a confidence player- pure and simple!

• 9 years later...
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Derrick Williams, international footballer ....... who'd have thought ? 

When Bunlah have internationals, anything is possible. Congrats to Des. No greater honour than representing your country.

Apparently he’s playing well, his value must have gone up a fair bit... would it be unfair to say that we should get rid whilst his value is high? I can’t see it getting any higher and I think we all agree that he’s bang average.

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

Derrick starts, Darragh on the bench according to the Beeb. Good luck Del Boy!!

BBC have Williams starting and Williams on the bench. No initials to distinguish. Very poor information as usual.

Williams was Ireland's best player last night. Could nail down the left back position as I think Wards days are coming to an end, although I thought that 4 years ago and he has been playing in the premiership since 

Williams is an interesting one, when bad he is very bad, but when good he is a very solid player. Seems a very good character too. 

We are lucky to have two solid left back options it would seem. Pity we don't have a striker who scores goals 

11 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Apparently he’s playing well, his value must have gone up a fair bit... would it be unfair to say that we should get rid whilst his value is high? I can’t see it getting any higher and I think we all agree that he’s bang average.

One of our better players the past two years. If you want to sell him when his stock his high, fair enough, but pretty stupid to do so after one friendly game. He could make that position his own 

11 hours ago, RV Blue said:

You make him sound like Bitcoin. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Williams was Ireland's best player last night.

Good to hear that. I watched five minutes of highlights and it would be Williams that Mbappé pulls a nutmeg on, wouldn't it? ? Still, when you're playing alongside Shane Duffer, what can you do?

28 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Good to hear that. I watched five minutes of highlights and it would be Williams that Mbappé pulls a nutmeg on, wouldn't it? ? Still, when you're playing alongside Shane Duffer, what can you do?

Ya, Williams tweeted he should keep his legs closed. He will get plenty of practice defending playing for Ireland and the Rovers. He will also need to make sure he makes any foray forward count, cos there wont be many, for Ireland anyway. 

Duffy will probably be our top scorer going forward. We are so badly lacking a goal scoring forward it is actually incredible. Going to be lean times on the old goal scoring front 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

One of our better players the past two years. If you want to sell him when his stock his high, fair enough, but pretty stupid to do so after one friendly game. He could make that position his own 

I’ve seen enough of his to say that he’s nowhere near international quality and he won’t hold down the Ireland position. I beg to differ on him being ‘one of our better players’ as well, he’s a centre half that is too small to play centre half, squad player at best.

Archived