BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £20 For The Rest Of The Season

Ozz

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one of my neighbours (PNE fan :angry2: ) is an architect. He worked for Whittles (the boss is on the Board at PNE and designed Dumpdale) and he went out to Jersey some 3 or 4 years back to present a new design for the Riverside to the Trustees at the request of the Trustees; this was eventually turned down as it was not worth rebuilding the Riverside due to the lack of support and the linked issue of a lack of return....ie. it was not worth it.

So in brief.....it ain't going to happen....why waste cash !?

If the Riverside were ever to be rebuilt I'd suggest a non symetrical kind of structure , most of which could house the away fans . This would enable the Rovers to charge them higher prices than the home fans . At present , I believe , identical ends have to charge the same price . It never fails to annoy me that UTD charge £40 odd a ticket while we get back not nearly as much when they come to town .

I thought it was £35 for a grade 'A' game behind the goal ... the point of the rule is that home and away fans are charged the games for the same/similar view which would mean that 75000ish Man Yoo fans pay that! Anyway the stand isn't going to get rebuilt in the short / medium / long (delete as appropriate) term so I wouldnt worry about it to much.

If the Riverside were ever to be rebuilt I'd suggest a non symetrical kind of structure , most of which could house the away fans . This would enable the Rovers to charge them higher prices than the home fans . At present , I believe , identical ends have to charge the same price . It never fails to annoy me that UTD charge £40 odd a ticket while we get back not nearly as much when they come to town .

The way some clubs go about it is introducing a membership scheme,

for examle, the identical ticket to the away end for a united fan is £10 cheaper, because they have to be a member to purchase the ticket and they never go on open sale.

So, if it is right the Darren End lower is sold out, the crowd will be around the 25,000 mark as we can surely expect about 900 from the land of pie eaters and egg chasers.

Come on Rovers, your fans have made the ffort lets see it reciprocated on the pitch :rolleyes:

So, if it is right the Darren End lower is sold out, the crowd will be around the 25,000 mark as we can surely expect about 900 from the land of pie eaters and egg chasers.

Come on Rovers, your fans have made the ffort lets see it reciprocated on the pitch :rolleyes:

Dont want to be a downer but wont the majority of the 4,800 tickets sold be the usual pay on the day regulars? I think we have about 19,000 regulars now so the gate should be about 21,000. Anymore would suggest that the scheme has been worth it and we have added some extra bodies to the cause.

Dont want to be a downer but wont the majority of the 4,800 tickets sold be the usual pay on the day regulars? I think we have about 19,000 regulars now so the gate should be about 21,000. Anymore would suggest that the scheme has been worth it and we have added some extra bodies to the cause.

I think you're right Tony. If you look at the other stands on Onerovers it does seem to be that the regulars have moved to the Darwen End.

It will be less than 4,800 in the Darwen End Lower - you have to sell 10% less when offering unreserved seating.

The good point is though that we are guaranteed that there will not be away fans in the Darwen end lower for the next 3 home games which was more the point than swelling the crowd, although obvioulsy they'd like to do that as well.

Didnt the club say at the fans forum meeting that 1/3 or something of all those who had purchased at that point were not on the database?

I know 6 people who are going tomorrow that wouldnt usually, including 2 so called united fans.

Guest Vinjay606
Didnt the club say at the fans forum meeting that 1/3 or something of all those who had purchased at that point were not on the database?

I know 6 people who are going tomorrow that wouldnt usually, including 2 so called united fans.

Which United?

What a difference this offer made today! It was great to see Rovers fans on all sides of the ground,it made for a different atmosphere for both the team AND crucially the walk-on fans that attended today that might have never been before or might not fancy going all the time.Today was the first time in years that it felt like a `proper` football match atmosphere that we used to have.I hope it persuades some of the `walk-ons` to get a season ticket for next season and the board are able to set a price that is too good to turn down.

Well done to the board for doing this deal,it didn`t half make a difference. :tu:

Fantastic response by the Rovers fans to a fantastic idea and offer by Rovers and John Williams. He should be applauded and lauded from the highest point for pulling this stroke. What a difference it was to see Rovers fans all round the ground and the atmosphere was fabulous.

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!

The £10 for friends and family of s/t holders against Pompey is another sterling effort.

I've already persuaded one friend who's a seaston ticket holder at Huddersfield to come along as their season has finished, and my brother and nephew are probably coming as well.

Proud to be a Rover today for so many reasons.

Archived