BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vogel Leaves The Club

Official site reports Johan Vogel has left the club (Click Click)

Bit of a shame really as I thought he was ok when he played last season. Certainly no worse than Grella and Mokoena. Grella is one of the worst midfielders ever to play for us whenver I have seen him play.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame really cos he looked good last season the few games he played when Sparky was our manager, but he has struggled to get any games this season, for whatever reasons. It's good to get him of the wage bill and hopefully sam will be able to replace him with a better player.

Looked a tidy little player last season, and I don't think he would have let us down this year. I wonder whether something has gone on behind the scenes, carried over from the Ince regime.

Clearly Johann hasnt done much to impress Sam, but with our injury prone/archaic midfield options it would surely have been sensible to keep him on until the summer. Plus, after watching Moko on Saturday, Johann is surely better than him!

Great news.

Vogel gone - Mokoena (15k), Ooijer (25k) & Brown (10k) going on free's - That has to be £80k a week (£4.16m a year) reduced.

Add to them Simpson (15k), Villanueva (10k), Gallagher (20k) - That is approx £125k a week/ £6.5m a year - giving us abit more room to move in the summer.

Happy days.

I've never rated Vogel as much above useless and I thought he was going to stick around like a leech until the end of his contract.

Hopefully the early termination "by mutual consent" will have saved us a bit.

Well done Sam.

I thought if you loaned a player out, the club who owned him still paid the wages?

I thought the Club taking a player out paid all (or by mutual consent, part) of the wages. Otherwise there'd be little point loaning players out would there?

Edit: By way of example Sam indicated last week Derbyshire had to go out on loan to enable Diouf to come in.

Last year

Hughes: "So we've got real confidence in the fact that once he's had a pre-season with us and the benefit of having played the games that he has, then next year he'll be an outstanding player for us."

What went wrong?

Last year

Hughes: "So we've got real confidence in the fact that once he's had a pre-season with us and the benefit of having played the games that he has, then next year he'll be an outstanding player for us."

What went wrong?

Didn't rush to buy him for Citeh did he? And I'm sure he could have had him for nothing.

Last year

What went wrong?

he didn't get every signing right !

But Vogel played well in his few outings that season, and had little football under his belt. I don't think for a minute he's a world-beater, midfield maestro etc. but he wouldn't have been worse than Grella or Mokoena in midfield.

I'm slightly disappointed, especially when you look at the quality of some of the players who are getting games; players from what I’ve seen that are clearly inferior to Vogel. With all the injuries we have had in midfield this season and our battle against relegation his experience could have offered us something.

But what can you do when the manager doesn't rate you; you just have to move on. I wish Johann all the best for the future.

Hopefully this, along with the others out on loan, means Sam is clearing the decks and trying to build himself as big a transfer pot for the summer as he can. He must have some ideas in his mind as to the players and style of play that he wants for next season. Let's hope it includes rather more pure football, and less of the long-ball %age stuff.

Strange that he has hardly made an appearence for Ince or SA given our obvious weaknesses in his position. Must be a reason I guess, I wonder if his remuneration is linked to appearences in some way?

I must say that if I passed Vogel in the street I don't think I would recognise him.

Feel we could probably have used him a bit more, especially if Mokoena is still getting games when he's on his way out. He came highly rated too after turning out for some big clubs before coming to Rovers.

Hopefully we're freeing up some space on the wage bill for Sam's Summer Wishlist.

I thought the Club taking a player out paid all (or by mutual consent, part) of the wages. Otherwise there'd be little point loaning players out would there?

Edit: By way of example Sam indicated last week Derbyshire had to go out on loan to enable Diouf to come in.

I think it varies depending on the situation. Often a big club will want to give a younger player some first team experience and will therefore be willing to greatly subsidise a move to a smaller club. Other times it's a way of making headroom in the wage bill like Derbyshire and the receiving club pays all or most of the wage.

Archived