BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes 2010 - First Details

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Two years ago the creator of the PES series (Seabass) said that it would be PES 2010 which would see Konami taking full advantage of the 360/PS3, well today they released first details and it does sound promising:

PES2010 Revealed

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100
Nothing out of the ordinary on there though is there.

They have a long way to go to even get level with Fifa - dont forget Fifa will be improving there game too, which is already miles ahead.

Very true.

I think that Konami will improve (hard not to after PES2009 which was awful). Would be great to have 2 good games on the market and will keep EA on their toes. I am sure that FIFA 2010 will rock.

Two years ago the creator of the PES series (Seabass) said that it would be PES 2010 which would see Konami taking full advantage of the 360/PS3

Yep, this is what I remember too and so I look forward to seeing what they have done.

I am not one of these people who chooses between Fifa and Pes - if both are good - I get them both. If only one is - then I just get the one. Should the unthinkable happen and they are both rubbish I will stick with this years Fifa.

Fingers crossed though for my wallet getting hammered B)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that when you pass the ball it doesn't sound like someones banging a drum.

Plus, fallen out with PES for Rovers' kit, white with a blue stripe? Pff, show some respect.

Guest Kamy100

The kits they are not allowed to even have it in has blue and white halves due to the Premier League contract with EA.

1 major + for fifa is the official kits and players, regardless of the downloads you can get later on.

I think the general gameplay of fifa is now better than PES. Ive played PES for the last 5 or 6 years and watched it degenerate into a no skill farce. All that is required in pes now is to chose a fast player such as Messi or Ronaldo, hold down sprint permanately and dribble round opponents. You actaully have to play football at fifa now, working a chance through good passing. Fifa is now more what pes used to be like. The gameplay was the major thing that made me buy pes over the visually superior fifa, but now fifa is ahead in my opinion on both levels, I cant see much point for PES.

Plus Online on pes is absolutely awful!

I shall wait and see if Konami pull their act together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I've just started playing PES5 again... superb game. Incredibly frustrating at times, and quite difficult, but very addictive. Considering its age, the graphics are very good as well.

Never bought a PES game after 5, but it sounds like they've gone in the total opposite direction to 5? On 5 it's difficult to dribble past one player, let alone two or three. It's incredibly realistic and requires a tactical, thoughtful mindset. Sad that Konami have apparently abandoned that approach.

I've just started playing PES5 again... superb game. Incredibly frustrating at times, and quite difficult, but very addictive. Considering its age, the graphics are very good as well.

Never bought a PES game after 5, but it sounds like they've gone in the total opposite direction to 5? On 5 it's difficult to dribble past one player, let alone two or three. It's incredibly realistic and requires a tactical, thoughtful mindset. Sad that Konami have apparently abandoned that approach.

Thats why i switched to fifa this year. If your after a tactical game where good passing, defence and creative play is more importiant that Dribbling round everyone with Ronaldo (PES) try fifa.

• Backroom

I don't have any next gen consoles as I don't spend enough time on games to warrant the outlay of cash... FM is usually the only game I play. I've only recently dug out PES5 and been having a go on it... strange how since then, PES and FIFA have apparently switched roles. I remember at that time PES was considered the "real footy simulation" title and FIFA was considered the "arcade" game.

Are there any football manager games due out for the PS3? I used to love the LMA series on PS2.

I've stuck with Pro Evo since it began and can't stomach the thoughts of switching my allegiance to Fifa.

I hear people saying that if you give the ball to a world class player you can dribble it round they're whole team and score, that's not the case, you can win the first leg in a cup game 4-0 then only draw the second game so it's not that unpredictable.

Unlike Fifa - Pass, Pass, Shoot. Pass, Pass, Shoot.... :rolleyes:

• Backroom

The best manager games are all pretty much on PC (and by that I mean FM, CM doesn't even come close) ... I know there's FM for the PSP, not sure about any others though. I tend to use the PC for "stats" games like FM and the PS2 for games like PES, FIFA, etc.

• Backroom

The switcharound between Fifa nad PES ia amazing, I used to be a PES purist but now the once lazy Fifa series has far surpassed it.

I hope they both produce the goods this year.

Guest Kamy100

New Image released by Konami, the one on the left is from PES2009 and the one on the right is from PES2010 and is from "ingame::

f_09to10m_ec8f34f.jpg

The thing about PES is that the graphics were never great anyway. As long as they sort the gameplay out (and the online lag) I will be happy.

(Saying that the above looks sweet - I thought the one on the right was the man himself at first)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived