BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Care to explain what you are on about?

I think he may be refering to your description of the United youngster as an "Eyetie". This is what my Desert Rat Grandad used to call Italians. I suppose he had reason, I dont know why you would use such terminology. The lad is an Italian, many of our fellow Rovers fans have that lineage. Try and join us in the 21st century.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he may be refering to your description of the United youngster as an "Eyetie". This is what my Desert Rat Grandad used to call Italians. I suppose he had reason, I dont know why you would use such terminology. The lad is an Italian, many of our fellow Rovers fans have that lineage. Try and join us in the 21st century.

I dont really much care what you think, my question was directed at ADB. You are just intent on causing trouble as usual. If you want to ignore the colourful variety of options that the English language offers then thats up to you. Does Taffy, Paddy, sweaty, septic, limey, boxhead offend your sensibilities too? None of em are racist in any way so you can stand on a chair, lift up your skirts and scream mouse all you want and I'll take no notice whatsoever. You just stick to your own sanitised and very limited version of newspeak and I will leave you to it and not engage in the shitstirring that you are so obviously intent upon.

newspeak............ http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/lingsoc/newspeak.htm

I dont really much care what you think, my question was directed at ADB. You are just intent on causing trouble as usual. If you want to ignore the colourful variety of options that the English language offers then thats up to you. Does Taffy, Paddy, sweaty, septic, limey, boxhead offend your sensibilities too? None of em are racist in any way so you can stand on a chair, lift up your skirts and scream mouse all you want and I'll take no notice whatsoever. You just stick to your own sanitised and very limited version of newspeak and I will leave you to it and not engage in the shitstirring that you are so obviously intent upon.

Theno was so angry about the way in which the English language was developing...

You're not really a "people person" are you?

I sense the usual lynch mob forming. Nature's tactic for the weak is usually to hunt in packs.

You're not really a "people person" are you?

I disagree strongly there Deryck. I think I am. My failing is my inability to suffer fools gladly.

I sense the usual lynch mob forming. Nature's tactic for the weak is usually to hunt in packs.

I disagree strongly there Deryck. I think I am. My failing is my inability to suffer fools gladly.

No lynch mob, just someone who hasn't got a clue when he is being racist and bigoted and then when people point it out thinks that a defence based on 'everyone has gone insanely politically correct' will get him off the hook. Just admit you're a bigot and we'll just get on with it.

My broter-in Law is Italian...Very nice chap too...

Full of self-loathing then?

I think he's none too happy about being labelled a bigot just because some people want to get their anti-racism agenda on any thread they can squeeze it in. Even where no racism exists. Daft thing is Theno's comment was a throwaway remark probably due to his age/upbringing and because someone's been "offended by it" it'll likely turn into a big deal as people bait him and he responds in kind.

It's probably about time this thread was closed anyway.

quote name='Anti-Dingle-Brigade' date='Apr 21 2009, 14:42 ' post='750114']

Can you not resist or are you just thick?

Who said anything about racism? It's a derogatory remark.

If thats a measure of intelligence I'm glad I'm thick. :rolleyes::lol:

Who said anything about racism? It's a derogatory remark.

Gosh, someone posted a non-racist but derogatory remark about a Manchester United player!

Have you nothing better to do?

Presumably you were equally affronted when Baddiel & Skinner depicted Germans as a bunch of mustachioed, truck driving 'K*ntz', or when Steve Bell lampooned George Bush as a gun-slinging Texan cowboy in his Guardian cartoons; or is your self-righteous ire reserved only for a certain type of foreigner?

Lets hope none of our precious little darlings watched East is East last night! :lol: A great history lesson to all under 45. Absolutely hilarious and typical of the early muslim communities around the 60's and 70's. The term 'effin Paki's' was used throughout with impunity! :lol:

Fact is that in my memory integration was progressing nicely until myopic govt policymakers determined to discredit Powell intervened and allowed sheer weight of numbers and the importation of ageing relatives to form immigrant only ghetto's and put the whole shabang into reverse. Powell of course warned against this but perversely his 'politically' unpopular stance actually ensured that his warnings were ignored and his fears turned to reallity! Has it occurred to anybody that Powells legacy was actually the opposite of his intention. The biter bit indeed!

btw Notice on East is East all the kids (bar one) had English accents, wore western fashions, had English mates and listened to western music? For our younger members that was how it was 40 years ago, and but for stubborn and outdated liberal politics thats how it really should be today..... in this country.

Lets hope none of our precious little darlings watched East is East last night! :lol: A great history lesson to all under 45. Absolutely hilarious and typical of the early muslim communities around the 60's and 70's. The term 'effin Paki's' was used throughout with impunity! :lol:

Good film and something of a social / historical document but no one in the right mind would want to return to the days when "effin Paki" was acceptable.

Unless you also thought Love Thy Neighbour was funny too ????

Lets hope none of our precious little darlings watched East is East last night!

Never saw it .

But I imagine if there's ever a sequel set in so-called more modern and enightened times (where the unmentionable word beginning with "p" is forbidden) ..the film will undoubtedly contain scenes of hatred and violence and be X-rated . If it's intended to be an accurate portrayal of race relations that is ......

Maybe Love Thy Neighbour wasn't so bad after all ...... :closedeyes:

Archived