BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treacy on the right. Disappointed that he plays. Hasnt shown anything to me to suggest he will make it at this level.

Samba up front.

Robbo, Andrews, Ooijer, Nelsen, Givet, Dunn, Tugay, Mokoena, Warnock, Treacy, and Number 4, Christopher Samba, leading our line...

Treacy on the right. Disappointed that he plays. Hasnt shown anything to me to suggest he will make it at this level.

Samba up front.

Robbo, Andrews, Ooijer, Nelsen, Givet, Dunn, Tugay, Mokoena, Warnock, Treacy, and Number 4, Christopher Samba, leading our line...

Thats f-ing embarassing.

Thought Sam might have played Big Chris in defence today as he is our best defender and most likely this game is all about damage limitation in terms of goal difference.

Can't see us scoring a goal, especially as Liverpool are playing with their usual two holding midfielders. If we are to score then players really need to support Samba, or hope we can nick a goal with a set piece.

Thats f-ing embarassing.

Who would you play with the injuries then?

Thats probably as strong a squad as the one I would play, the Stoke game is far more important and hopefully RSC and MGP will be fit for that game.

Thats f-ing embarassing.

Agree its not an inspiring line up. But needs must. Its hardly out of choice. No point putting Benni up top on his own as the game will pass him by. Coupled with our crippled midfield and Liverpools quality in the same department means we had to go with 5 in there. I know Treacy has hardly shone in the past, but MGP has offered little more.

Thought Sam might have played Big Chris in defence today as he is our best defender and most likely this game is all about damage limitation in terms of goal difference.

It is a shame he isn't gonna be back there. But hopefully he will provide some retention up front. Plus many have been demanding Ooijer plays in the middle. Here is his chance. On the surface of it, having a dutch international center half as back up is not too bad. Don't expect anything from today but i don't think we can be too critical of the line up considering our options.

El-Hadji Diouf joins Morten Gamst Pedersen and Jason Roberts on the injury list, whilst Benni McCarthy drops to the bench as the Rovers boss changes his front four from last week.

Says official site.

Who would you play with the injuries then?

Thats probably as strong a squad as the one I would play, the Stoke game is far more important and hopefully RSC and MGP will be fit for that game.

lets see spit,benni for starters....glad ive not paid 38 dabs......SAMBA UP FRONT ON HIS OWN IS CRAZY! WE LOAN OUT STRIKERS AND DONT REPLACE THEM ,OK SAMBA WAS GOOD THERE LAST WEEK AND ITS OK SAYING HE WAS A STRIKER UNTIL HE WAS 17 BUT THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A REASON AS TO WHY HE DIDNT STAY THERE......if you think that team is as strong as we have then all the 22 txts ive just recieved are wrong too.

Its implies a safety forst approach and then damage limitation.

Last weeks early doors win made it harder for the teams around us to go out and play, today, it will be totally the opposite. Rovers have already condemned themselves to defeat, its just a case of by how many !

We all suspect a 4-5-1 approach, who's to say it wont be a 1-5-5 formation ?

Liverppol will play 4-4-2 with both Kuyt and Torres able to play from deep, therefore Rovers must swamp the midfield areas, but, as we know, we have a serious lack of pace throughout the team.

#Mssrs Alonso and Macherano are in for a treat spacewise, Torres and Kuyt will creat havoc whilst the Liverppo defence may as well go home now.

5-0 defeat

i'm loving this, images of samba holding off the centre halves and being unplayable like koller at his best. liverpool defenders could have brought their deckchairs if benni was up front on his own..........suicidal to not play 5 in the middle so with no santa or roberts don't see how sam had a choice

Archived