BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Allocations

As far as I know they don't.

However, I believe they only offer clubs a minimal number on sale or return, they then offer clubs additional blocks (up to the 10%) with the club picking up the tab for unused seats, which is one hell of a gamble if you think you might not sell out the entire block.

As far as I know they don't.

However, I believe they only offer clubs a minimal number on sale or return, they then offer clubs additional blocks (up to the 10%) with the club picking up the tab for unused seats, which is one hell of a gamble if you think you might not sell out the entire block.

That makes sense.

Would be interesting to know how many Liverpool took to Old Trafford as 10% is about 7,500 and if they'd been offered that I'm sure they'd have sold them.

On Rovers official website it says League rules state that 10% of capacity must be made available to visitors for league matches.

How do Manchester United and Liverpool get round this?

It's 10% or a max of 3000 or thereabouts depending on segregation,the only way visiting sides get more at ewood is we don't sell out,but the likes of ManUnd who do ,only need to give 3000 unless it's a cup game,hopefully if we sell out our last 3 games with the £20 for 3 games we will only give the top tier which is around 3000 which is 10% of our capacity..................

Absolue nonsence. Man U never give 3,000 tickets to away fans in league games no matter who they are playing. Their away section holds 1,800 or so and I'm sure that someone like City or Liverpool could easily sell extra so they musn't get offered them. Don't know how this works but it's not a clear 10% or 3,000 is it?

Absolue nonsence. Man U never give 3,000 tickets to away fans in league games no matter who they are playing. Their away section holds 1,800 or so and I'm sure that someone like City or Liverpool could easily sell extra so they musn't get offered them. Don't know how this works but it's not a clear 10% or 3,000 is it?

Rovers have very rarely taken all 3000 tickets for the away section, the same applies to Fulham and Pompy.

The majority of the Premier League clubs always take full allocations.

Spurs have got 3,110 if they want them ...

<< link >>

No, its always AROUND 3000 / 10% depending on segregation - Aston Villa offer around 2930 tickets in their away section for example.

Each club MUST offer this to the visiting club - some of it (not all) can be on a sale or return basis - hence Rovers rarely accepting more than 1500-1800 (depending on the ground) from the clubs who sell out.

In the cup it has to be around 10%, which is why away fans move to the top tier at OT and bring a lot of fans

On the league there is a maximum you are obliged to give, around 3000 i think. Anything above that is voluntary but at least 3000 must be offered

In the cup it has to be around 10%

The Rules of the FA Cup aren't a national secret ...

21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS

(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up

to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a

fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

If the home club, especially United, want to limit ticket sales to away fans the commonest excuse is safety and segregation. It's an easy card to play and very hard to argue with.

In the cup it has to be around 10%, which is why away fans move to the top tier at OT and bring a lot of fans

On the league there is a maximum you are obliged to give, around 3000 i think. Anything above that is voluntary but at least 3000 must be offered

Isn't the FA Cup match allocation 25% to the visiting club?

Archived