BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just seen this interview on Sky Sports with Jason Roberts in the Rovers Boardroom, is it just me or is that a model of a new stand in a perspex box behind him ? it's deffo not one of the stands we already have so maybe watch this space <_<

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...5195961,00.html

Is it supermarket shaped?

The Riverside stand is probably too far away from the pitch in all honesty. Always thought that a side stand like the one all Preston would be good in place of Riverside. Holds the same amount-ish but is taller and closer to the pitch. Would help keep atmos in the place.

Are you being serious.? The Riverside needs sorting big time...I'd like to get some sort of stading area over there with the other half being sitting nearer pitch..It's crap, always looks empty and with the people going home early walking by the players....that just takes the biscuit.. :unsure::unsure:

It would cost us too much to do right now, and isnt a priority.

Maybe if we one day find an investor, he can come in and build a luxury stand? Maybe only holds 5000 still, but has more leg room etc with maybe a Hotel attached?

Has anyone thought we should just move the cameras to the Riverside stand...

...oh yeah, that's right, we can put man on the moon put it would be impossible to build a gantry which to put the camera on with a bit of extra cable...

^_^

The Riverside should be left alone. It's what makes our ground unique.

Rubbish Bognor Regis Town, and Ebbsfleet United have similar stands.

But its said that we have been punching above our weight for years so lets leave it there just in case. :wacko:

...oh yeah, that's right, we can put man on the moon put it would be impossible to build a gantry which to put the camera on with a bit of extra cable...

^_^

I heard that the costs of strengthening the existing Riverside to take a media gantry would be similar to rebuiding the stand (plus all the other media facilities are located in the Jack Walker stand).

Particularly in the economic climate where we have to send Derbyshire out on loan to bring in Diouf and Givet I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any change to the Riverside.

^_^

..... as long as the US govt or NASA pay for it I'm all for it.

Archived