BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, I butchered somebodys googled Ewood Park Image on Photoshop and made this.

ewood_park_cartoon.jpg

Just a mirror image of the JW stand replaced the Riverside.

When I have more time I will try and do one on a proper image of the ground.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, I butchered somebodys googled Ewood Park Image on Photoshop and made this.

ewood_park_cartoon.jpg

Fill the corners in Ozzie,we can only dream.

Guest Vinjay606

Could always have a separate tunnel for the home and away teams...but then the ref is supposed to lead both out.

I don't like this lining up in the tunnel stuff before games anyway. They are professional footballers not a bunch of kids waiting to go into class.

ewood_park_cartoon.jpg

I like the huge Red X to help Jason Roberts find the goal.

Actually it looks really good and no, don't fill in the corners- the open corners gives the ground its character/identity.

Ah well, dreams...

The Riverside stand is probably too far away from the pitch in all honesty. Always thought that a side stand like the one all Preston would be good in place of Riverside. Holds the same amount-ish but is taller and closer to the pitch. Would help keep atmos in the place.

If and when a new stand is built that would be the answer but would need to be same height as the other 3... the top part can be boxes or the hotel with the same amount of seats at the bottom, closer to the pitch.

If and when a new stand is built that would be the answer but would need to be same height as the other 3... the top part can be boxes or the hotel with the same amount of seats at the bottom, closer to the pitch.

They could have built apartments like those at the bottom of Bolton Road.

By the way, Oz, you need to photoshop about half of those seats in a nice blue colour for a more realistic effect! I do like the idea of two tunnels though: very gladatorial. It'd be great to have both teams walk out and meet in the middle accompanied by O Fortuna.

Guest Vinjay606

There's no doubt had Jack still been here this stand would have been redeveloped in 2002 or 2003. There's never really been an explanation for why it hasn't been rebuilt when it was clearly part of Jack's plans. Obviously attendances are an issue but that was the case when the announcement to redevelop was made around 97/98.

There's no doubt had Jack still been here this stand would have been redeveloped in 2002 or 2003. There's never really been an explanation for why it hasn't been rebuilt when it was clearly part of Jack's plans. Obviously attendances are an issue but that was the case when the announcement to redevelop was made around 97/98.

There's as much doubt that it wouldn't have been redeveloped as well.

Yes, it might have been part of Jack's plans, over 1,2,3,4,5,6 or more years.

Before I give my facts, present yours........

How much would it cost to pull down and re-build a slightly smaller stadium or maybe link the riverside to the darwen end and blackburn end...make it a but smaller and be the first club to pioneer some standing areas...maybe in the corners where the links are...I dunno, but the thing needs sorting....I was disappointed on sunday to watch it on telly after being there as the riverside always lets em down....this is the bit that needs to be filled first. :brfcsmilie:

Just be on the pitch in time for kick off. I don't care how they make their entrance.

Don't you think that there's something special about Anfield when they come onto the pitch to that tune....? Especially on big nights....

Guest Vinjay606
There's as much doubt that it wouldn't have been redeveloped as well.

Yes, it might have been part of Jack's plans, over 1,2,3,4,5,6 or more years.

Before I give my facts, present yours........

He wanted it started in 1999 but relegation delayed it. Why wouldn't he have wanted it rebuilt after promotion?

one of my neighbours (PNE fan angry.gif ) is an architect. He worked for Whittles (the boss is on the Board at PNE and designed Dumpdale) and he went out to Jersey some 3 or 4 years back to present a new design for the Riverside to the Trustees at the request of the Trustees; this was eventually turned down as it was not worth rebuilding the Riverside due to the lack of support and the linked issue of a lack of return....ie. it was not worth it.

So in brief.....it ain't going to happen....why waste cash !?

He wanted it started in 1999 but relegation delayed it. Why wouldn't he have wanted it rebuilt after promotion?

Delayed it by how much? We are, after all in a situation of being"after promotion".

1,2,3,5,10 years?

What was the timeline of the delay?

Rebuilding the fanbase?

Maintaining the fanbase at a particular level?

Guest Vinjay606

The timeline of the delay was however long it took BRFC to be promoted.

The fanbase dosen't need much rebuilding from 1999 levels. It's been maintained.

one of my neighbours (PNE fan angry.gif ) is an architect. He worked for Whittles (the boss is on the Board at PNE and designed Dumpdale) and he went out to Jersey some 3 or 4 years back to present a new design for the Riverside to the Trustees at the request of the Trustees; this was eventually turned down as it was not worth rebuilding the Riverside due to the lack of support and the linked issue of a lack of return....ie. it was not worth it.

So in brief.....it ain't going to happen....why waste cash !?

If there's any truth in that why would they ask for a design in the first place? No point doing that and then just turning it down.

Guest Vinjay606

I did say if there was any truth in it what was the point in asking for a re design in the first place. If they just intended to turn down the pricing options. I never called you a liar.

sorry vjay but whatever you think it is true...when they saw the costs, various options were presented, they said a very clear NO.

I could not give a monkies if folk do not want to believe this.

Obviously if preston blue says that, it's true, but it's a very strange way of thinking.

It will have to be done at some point, and every year they leave it, the cost of replacement gets more and more expensive.

Must be hoping to put it off until after they've sold, and leave someone else with the problem.

Archived