BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Revamped Riverside Stand ?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can anyone tell me an idea of what rows or seat numbers the poles for the roof are by in the riverside? as i dont want to be sittin behind one!!

If you register on www.onerovers.co.uk you can check out the seat you want. Seats with a diagonal line through them are restricted view. You should be able to work out which would be the best seats for you.

A cheaper option would be to leave the seats as they are and simply raise the roof/replace the roof in line with the other three stands in terms of design and height. Also provide a better concourse at the rear with obviously improved facilities. I'm no architect or structural engineer but does £3-4m seem about right and if it is, could it be justified? I suppose it could if the money was funded like a mortgage over several years rather than Rovers stumping up the cash up front. In other words, doing it that way would not impinge on transfer funds, which given our current plight would have to be a necessity. Perhaps the Trust could put up the money and in gratitude the Rovers could rename the stand 'The Mystery Men Stand.'

Seems very practical but i'm sure the opportunity to upgrade this side of the ground to a even higher spec than the other three sides simply can not be missed for the ongoing future of the club.

Guest Vinjay606

A new stand would have been constructed from 2002-2003 if Jack had still been here. In 01-02 the average attendance was higher than in 98-99 so why would he have seen any reason to change his plans. His philosophy was always think big.

Not a question of whether it should be done but whether Jack would have wanted it done.

Seems very practical but i'm sure the opportunity to upgrade this side of the ground to a even higher spec than the other three sides simply can not be missed for the ongoing future of the club.

The club has an ongoing future whatever happens to the Riverside, and whether it happens in 1, 5, 10 or 25 years. It certainly isn't anywhere near being a priority.

On one thread you're slagging off the players, on another the academy, on several you slag of the management, on the one currently below this you suggest we charge away fans 60 quid to get in ... on this one you want an expensive white elephant -

Who the **** is going to pay for your wish list?? At the moment, away fans provide half yes HALF of all matchday income which goes into the Ewood Park coffers but you want to price away fans out of the ground!!

And build a needless new stand, and revamp the academy, and refresh the first team squad, and sack the management? Have you ever considered you've chosen the wrong hobby, or certainly the wrong team?

Spin it around - if you were in charge as this season draws to a close, what would you do first, and how would you pay for it?

The club has an ongoing future whatever happens to the Riverside, and whether it happens in 1, 5, 10 or 25 years. It certainly isn't anywhere near being a priority.

On one thread you're slagging off the players, on another the academy, on several you slag of the management, on the one currently below this you suggest we charge away fans 60 quid to get in ... on this one you want an expensive white elephant -

Who the **** is going to pay for your wish list?? At the moment, away fans provide half yes HALF of all matchday income which goes into the Ewood Park coffers but you want to price away fans out of the ground!!

And build a needless new stand, and revamp the academy, and refresh the first team squad, and sack the management? Have you ever considered you've chosen the wrong hobby, or certainly the wrong team?

Spin it around - if you were in charge as this season draws to a close, what would you do first, and how would you pay for it?

Tris hold on, I was only responding to Claytons left Boots sensible post about raising the roof of the Riverside to bring it 'inline' with the rest of the ground, Yes, its all fictional and not a necessity but was only adding some support to something I agreed with.

Meant to respond to your post about United fans providing much needed revenue which had me thinking how do you get more cash out of the fans in the ground.

The only solution I could come up with was gambling and the half time lottery in trying to increase income streams. Ive never purchased a lottery ticket for many a year but if each stand had a nominal winner in it i.e a couple of hundred followed by the main prize of more money, surely at a minimum of £2 a ticket, extra income could be generated.

The whole marketing would have to be based on knowing that someone in the stand your sitting in is going to be a winner, thats one for the Blckburn end, one for the JW stand, one for the riverside, one for the Darwen end then a big winner for everyone i.e you have two goes at winning a prize.

Would be interested to hear what other board members think of improving the idea of the lottery as to increasing cash streams.

Spin it around and if you were in charge Allardyce wouldn't be our manager and in all probability we would be relegated by now.

Keep taking the Guinness.

• 1 year later...

Would love to see the ground finshed off like it should be if new owners take over...lets hope they read this thread!

But then the ground would look empty... we struggle to fill 30k as it is!

Our financial position could be about to change,would love to see the ground finshed off like it should be if new owners take over...lets hope they read this thread!

Echo that thought.

We dont necessarily need a bigger attendance, just a nice new stand, rather than the old & tired riverside. May aswell make the attendance a nice round figure too - i.e. 32,000.

Perhaps he will realise the need when he visits tomorrow.

If this takeover does go through then surely there is no better opportunity than at present.Sponsorship of new stand,a meeting place for the local community during the week,there are so many possibilities.

The Riverside looks like it is falling down....would hate that to happen with 5,000 of our supporters in it! :o

If this takeover does go through then surely there is no better opportunity than at present.Sponsorship of new stand,a meeting place for the local community during the week,there are so many possibilities.

The Riverside looks like it is falling down....would hate that to happen with 5,000 of our supporters in it! :o

Don't worry, they would have left 5 minutes before it fell. ;)

IF, the riverside was ever to be developed due to increased demand, then I'd love it to be a new contemporary design but very similar to how the old riverside looked but with a modern feel rather than look like a mirror of the bland Jack walker stand.

But then the ground would look empty... we struggle to fill 30k as it is!

Agreed in theory, but there's other ways to make it work.

For example, to satisfy the clubs desire to give certain clubs as many away tickets as possible, we could give away teams half the Darwen End and the closest section (or two) of the revamped Riverside - still giving them as big an allocation as usual without making the statement of giving them an entire end to themselves, which I'm sure is something none of us like seeing. With the segregation that would be required in the DE and Riverside the capacity wouldnt really be that much bigger at all.

I'd like it to be...

Lower Tier same number of rowsas BBE/DE with a couple of rows in the upper tier for boxes or lounges/hotel with the roof same height as the other 3 stands.

and yes a modest increase, say 32k like Hughesy suggested.

It really is of lower league standard atm!

Not a massive increase in capacity,dare we dream?(care of Ozzy).Looks a little like Ibrox........

new_ewood.jpg

I'd like a nice arch like wembley.

IF, the riverside was ever to be developed due to increased demand, then I'd love it to be a new contemporary design but very similar to how the old riverside looked but with a modern feel rather than look like a mirror of the bland Jack walker stand.

Contemporary???

As long as it doesn't look like the below monstrosity.

0,,10413~8431109,00.png

Archived