BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Taggart Speaks Up For Rovers

He isn't backing our club. He doesn't want to have a direct rant at Liverpool and Rafa, therefore, he's using us as an excuse. Fergie knows what he's doing, how i'd love for Liverpool to win the league. Shut all the glory hunting mancs up!

Why is it Fergie the only one that has a rant about it, why not Hiddink/Wenger/Moyes etc?

Guest Vinjay606

He certainly isn't backing the club and I wouldn't want compliments from the likes of Ferguson. He may well be backing BFS but only to serve his anti-Benitez agenda.

Ferguson would never back BRFC. Still bitter I expect that Jack refused to sell Shearer to them.

The sad thing is that Big Sam, who I respect, deliberately mis-interpreted a nothing incident as part of a pre meditated attack to help out his mate in the title race.

And Ferguson has the temerity to mention the LMA and respecting other managers.

I agree with his comments, Benitez was arrogant whith his gesture and like Fergie said we are struggling on with a weakened team (Nice for someone to notice that) - dont worry he wont get it as easy next year - FAT SPANISH WAITER!! . Personally I hope Liverpool crash and burn and win fook all.

Of course Ferguson wouldn't back Blackburn Rovers. Why would he? I think he's always been pretty respectful towards our club and despite the fact that he carries himself like any big four manager (although he is probably the most entitled to) I think he has the greatest level of respect and knowledge about what smaller clubs and managers go through and do. He wouldn't be commenting on the issue if it didn't help their public feud (which he is winning hands down), but I think he is pretty much spot on when it comes to the incident.

The 1 thing I didnt like about Fergie - is the time he acted like he didnt know we had been relegated the night Ward missed a sitter against them.

Apart from that 1 thing, iv nothing to hold against him. He takes no passengers, as he has showed with Van Nistlerooy & co, and to be fair he is a top, top manager.

I agree with his comments, Benitez was arrogant whith his gesture and like Fergie said we are struggling on with a weakened team (Nice for someone to notice that) - dont worry he wont get it as easy next year - FAT SPANISH WAITER!! . Personally I hope Liverpool crash and burn and win fook all.

More xenophobic nonsense, you thick runt. The gesture was a mere shrug and acceptance that whatever he said to the free kick taker was wrong.

And of course, Ferguson or Big Sam have never been arrogant have they - it's only dem silly foronerz.

Of course Ferguson wouldn't back Blackburn Rovers. Why would he? I think he's always been pretty respectful towards our club and despite the fact that he carries himself like any big four manager (although he is probably the most entitled to)

He's entitled to carry himself as if he's in a league of his own, because he is. None of the others come close, not even Wenger.

Benitez has been made to look like an utter fool by S'Alex this year. Not that he needed much help.

More xenophobic nonsense, you thick runt.

Xenophobic? How? Is calling him fat xenophobic? Can't see how, he is fat. Is calling him a waiter xenophobic? OK, he's not a waiter, but its not xenophobic. Was it the Spanish bit?

Completely agree with SG - even if Max did make a gesture - so what?

Sam really isn't helping himself on this one, you'd have thought he had more pressing things to worry about - like our abysmal performance. Don't think it serves Rovers well either potentially falling out with Liverpool over something so trivial.

Interesting though that RFW has chosen to sound off on something that's nothing to do with him - Benitez must really have him rattled.

Guest Vinjay606

As far as Ferguson is concerned everything that involves Liverpoo at the moment has something to do with him.

Why has BFS waited until now to speak out anyway? I would hope that he isn't conspiring with Ferguson (one of the worst things a BRFC manager could do as far as I'm concerned) to unsettle Benitez.

Ferguson is using BFS and this club to further his anti-benitez agenda. I wish the club would put out a statement saying they don't appreciate BFS and Blackburn Rovers being used to serve Ferguson's vitriolic agenda. Would be nice if they added we fully support Liverpool and Chelsea in the title race as well.

Not supporting what Benitez did by any means but BFS should have dealt with the issue in private.

Guest Vinjay606

Perhaps you should remember their show of support for this club's title bid in 1995. Not that I support their title bid for that reason I don't need any extra incentive to wish failure on Man United.

Can I clarify a little something.

THIS WHOLE BUSINESS IS ABSOLUTE CLODSWALLOP AND MEANS NOTHING EXCEPT IN THE SELFISH, DELUDED MINDS OF MANAGERS AND SENSATIONALIST MEDIA DOORKNOBS.

Rovers and Allardyce DESERVED "disrespect" (no idea if it was or not and do not care) because the team selection and performance against Liverpool was, from all reports, an embarrassment - weakened team or not. If our lot are so soft that they can't take an alleged "game over" gesticulation they should rip up their contracts and go and pursue a career for sensitive doughnuts.

The game WAS OVER at 2-0. If Rovers were offended maybe they should have proven him wrong with their performance.

This is just petty idiocy which is the sort of thing that is turning me off football. Fans should, for once, stand aloof and leave the overpaid brats to it.

Waaah Waaah...he didn't come and drink with me. Get over it.

GOD!

He certainly isn't backing the club and I wouldn't want compliments from the likes of Ferguson. He may well be backing BFS but only to serve his anti-Benitez agenda.

Ferguson would never back BRFC. Still bitter I expect that Jack refused to sell Shearer to them.

I remember him saying back in 99 that he hoped we avoided relegation, he had no need to say that it wouldn't have affected any of his rivals so he's maybe not all that bad.

I may get slated for this but I don't actually mind Sir Alex.

You can't argue with his record.

Also if you read Kenny Dalglish's autobiography he was gracious in defeat in 94/95 and even welcomed the rivalry.

Sir Alex deserves everyones respect what he has done at United is amazing and he still improves them.

I agree Rog, he's certainly arrogant and I love it when we beat him and you see the anger in his red, gum-filled face, but he deserves his stripes.

You have to have some arrogance to make it as a top manager.

The game WAS OVER at 2-0. If Rovers were offended maybe they should have proven him wrong with their performance.

The game was over about 1 1/2 hours before the score was 2-0 ...

Apart from that minor detail, I agree with most of your rant!

I remember him saying back in 99 that he hoped we avoided relegation, he had no need to say that it wouldn't have affected any of his rivals so he's maybe not all that bad.

He's said it this year as well.

• Backroom

To be fair, I imagine Fergie's comments both in '99 and now are more down to who we have managing us than any concern he has for our club (Kidd in 99, Ince/Allardyce this season). Regardless, you can't help but respect him for what he's achieved and there can be no doubt he is the best manager in the league by a long way. Sam should really have left Ferguson and Benitez to it, though... Ferguson doesn't need any help winding Rafa up, and let's face it, at 2-0 down the game was over as a contest. If we hadn't lost 4-0 perhaps he could come out and say something, but after the drubbing we took he should have just laid low.

Still, I dread to think what Rafa's next press conference will be like. Maybe a powerpoint presentation with examples of when 'meeeser ferhuson' has shown contempt. Can't wait.

Archived