BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brad Friedel Autobiography

Has Friedel put in any superman performances for Villa this season? Every time I've seen he's looked fairly solid but nothing like the spectacular keeper we saw at Ewood. Given Friedel's age I didn't think it would take long for Robinson to be the better keeper of the two, I'm wondering whether we might already be at that point...

In the other Brad thread someone posted a link to Villa's 606 page where they are slagging him off and asking for Guzan to take his place.

Jokers.

They need a scapegoat for their miserable form.

• Backroom
In the other Brad thread someone posted a link to Villa's 606 page where they are slagging him off and asking for Guzan to take his place.

Jokers.

Aye, I posted that link... a Villa fan (Tom) responded and defended Brad, I think. It's not Brad's fault that Villa's one-dimensional system has been found out, or that the players in front of him are knackered. Saying that, I haven't really heard anything of his 'heroics' this season, but that could be due to the fact Villa for much of the season have been pretty solid and not had to rely on their goalie to keep them in games, as we did and have done fairly often.

Nice of Brad to confirm the facts.

I believe I said at the time that I had checked out the Man City and Villa rumours with him and he was in the dark.

He had just got back from holiday and was puzzled by what was going on.

Both clubs came in very quickly when the word was out that he was available.

Villa offered the best deal - and Rovers didn't match the terms he was getting.

The previous manager was telling anyone who would listen that he wanted a new keeper...and some were approached well in advance of Brad leaving.

The point remains that Brad would have stayed if Ince had got him similar wages to what Villa paid him.

So Ince wanted him replaced and the club backed that stance.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nice of Brad to confirm the facts.

I believe I said at the time that I had checked out the Man City and Villa rumours with him and he was in the dark.

He had just got back from holiday and was puzzled by what was going on.

Both clubs came in very quickly when the word was out that he was available.

Villa offered the best deal - and Rovers didn't match the terms he was getting.

The previous manager was telling anyone who would listen that he wanted a new keeper...and some were approached well in advance of Brad leaving.

The point remains that Brad would have stayed if Ince had got him similar wages to what Villa paid him.

So Ince wanted him replaced and the club backed that stance.

Ince refusing or being unable to match a ludicrous wage offer from Villa and "wanting him out" are two very different things indeed.

So when Freidel himself says in his book Ince had nothing whatsoever to do with him leaving Ewood, he's lying is he?

Just as Sam stood in front of the Club's own TV channel last week and lied about Ooijer being injured for the Portsmoputh game and what a big miss he would be because of recent his form?

Ince refusing or being unable to match a ludicrous wage offer from Villa and "wanting him out" are two very different things indeed.

So when Freidel himself says in his book Ince had nothing whatsoever to do with him leaving Ewood, he's lying is he?

Just as Sam stood in front of the Club's own TV channel last week and lied about Ooijer being injured for the Portsmoputh game and what a big miss he would be because of recent his form?

Ince had lined up a repalcement for Brad long before Villa came in with a ludicrous wage offer...

I seem to remember he denied this, of course. Was he lying?

Brad is being diplomatic. Mind you, I don't think he was aware of what Ince was doing with regards to lining up his replacment.

As for Ooijer...do a bit more research and come back to me.

Villa wouldn't be able to offer him a ludicrous wage until we accepted a transfer bid would they? Or am I being too naive?

Edit: I seem to be making a habit of posting at the same time as other people, but doing it a couple of minutes too late and end up looking like I'm piggybacking on their argument. Annoying.

As for Ooijer...do a bit more research and come back to me.

No, if you're going to print stories, let's be clear where we stand, and don't dodge the question, you're saying Sam was lying when he gave an interview to Rovervision which was broadcast at the ground before the game when he said Ooijer had an injury, (hamstring I think) and would be a big miss?

You may be right for all I know but if you are, it's a huge porkie for the manager to be coming out with to the Club's own TV channel.

No, if you're going to print stories, let's be clear where we stand, and don't dodge the question, you're saying Sam was lying when he gave an interview to Rovervision which was broadcast at the ground before the game when he said Ooijer had an injury, (hamstring I think) and would be a big miss?

You may be right for all I know but if you are, it's a huge porkie for the manager to be coming out with to the Club's own TV channel.

Revidge do you genuinely think it's that unlikely? Club officials often tell porkies to get out of answering tricky questions in an honest way. The example you give would have seen Sam publicly slating a player for ill-discipline before a huge game. It's a no brainer - of course he lies. He'd be daft no to.

Revidge do you genuinely think it's that unlikely? Club officials often tell porkies to get out of answering tricky questions in an honest way. The example you give would have seen Sam publicly slating a player for ill-discipline before a huge game. It's a no brainer - of course he lies. He'd be daft no to.

I would actually have thought he would have asked Wendy Howard before the interview not to ask about Andrews coming in for Ooijer, then it wouldn't have been mentioned and no-one would have thought twice about it.

It was her opening question!

Ooijer was missing from training last Monday for which he was fined.

Maybe if he had bothered to turn up he would have had more treatment and been fit.

The manager was angry enough to fine him...and quite rightly.

The rumour prior to Brad leaving was that Ince wanted to bring in Cudicini from Chelsea.

At the time Robinson was being linked with Villa.

Those of you with spare time might be able to find a link.

Archived