BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Disabled Supporters Club

There are still a few tickets left for this very enjoyable evening which this year is being held at the Premier Suite Ewood Park next Monday night the 27th of April 2009 starting at 7p.m.

The event is open to all and whilst we can't guarantee player attendance, it is usually very well attended by the players. It's a great chance to meet and have your photo taken with them in an informal atmosphere.

Tickets are just 7.50 including supper, football related quiz and entertainment.

Anyone who would like a ticket please pm me or ring BRDSC Chairman Duncan Gardiner on 01254 693793.

Rev - how do you get tickets for the official awards night where all the players attend? any ideas?

Just contact the Club I guess - but I don't think you're guaranteed to get in and this will do much the samejob at a fraction of the cost!

;)

Hughesy, you can book a table for the player of the year awards, it's pretty costly usually. I did it once as a guest of Carling and it's a great night.

The club will let you know how much it is but expect to be out of pocket by the end of the night lol.

Hughesy, you can book a table for the player of the year awards, it's pretty costly usually. I did it once as a guest of Carling and it's a great night.

The club will let you know how much it is but expect to be out of pocket by the end of the night lol.

Me too!!

Yes, as mum says, a great night very well attended by the players.

Special thanks to El Hadji Diouf who was especially accomodating when the raffle bucket came round!

Also major respect to Big Sam for attending, not something Mark Hughes ever found time for.

Well done to Stephen Warnock on his award.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and hope you had a good night. See you all at the Christmas party in December.

Can you expand on the Diouf comment please Revidge?

Well done to Warnock. Out of interest how is the winner decided?

Yep, he noticed one of the the raffle buckets being carried round and volunteered to buy a big wadge of tickets without being asked.

The POTY award is voted on by the Disabled Supporters Club members. Membership costs 3 quid per annum and is open to everyone.

Which players attended?

Robinson, Bunn, Warnock, Samba, Tugay, Nelsen, Dunn, McCarthy, Grella, Pedersen, Zurab, Andrews, Diouf, Villanueva, Givet, Simpson, Olsson, Marshall, Doran - and I'm quite sure I've missed some.

Very enjoyable night, great turn out by the players and manager and they all couldn't have been more accommodating when it came to photos andautographs for my children.

A big thanks and well done to all concerned.

Very impressive, is that level of turn out the norm for such things?

It certainly has been for the last few events ever since there was a cock up at one of them a while back and not one player attended!

Many thanks to the Club for their co-operation.

Big Sam, John Williams and Tom Finn were there as well.

Had my pic taken with Keith Andrews and Vince Grella. On seeing this, my elder daughter came over to have her picture taken as well.

Elder Daughter to Keith "Oh, I don't know who you are, but I'll have my picture taken with you"

Keith: "Okay, but I don't who you are either!" :D

My family were all there, except Miss Roversmum (probably much to Morten's relief) and all thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Credit to Duncan and the Committee, and to all at Rovers.

Lol so Tasha has been on Morten alert all these times mum? Hahaha well done to the lads for attending, and shows that Rovers players and management are head and Shoulders(and not just Samba lol) above other teams when it comes to these kind of events. Wish i could have been there, but my baby is due soon :-)

Also major respect to Big Sam for attending, not something Mark Hughes ever found time for.

That comment aint exactly accurate or fair tbh because i have seen, spoken and had my photo taken with Mark Hughes at the disabled supporters club player of the year night whilst he was manager

Good to see many players make the trip down :rover: The pictures on the official website show a good evening, take a look at the first pic (with the players) and have a look where Dunny's left hand is hehe

Still hoping to get some tickets some how to the main award thingy. Any help??

Ring the Club and ask FFS!

What do you expect them to do, come knocking on your door offering you a chauffeur driven limo to the event with free tickets?

;)

That comment aint exactly accurate or fair tbh because i have seen, spoken and had my photo taken with Mark Hughes at the disabled supporters club player of the year night whilst he was manager

My sincere apologies to Sparky in that case, I must have missed that one.

:wstu:

Archived