BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers

I thought McCarthy had an injured foot so wasn't a sub of choice.

Ditto samba go injured.

Ok, I've not read any post match reports - I aasumed it was a case of saving them for the "more important" fixtures ahead etc.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that Latin?

Typing too quickly to hit t hard enough.

McCarthy got stood on in the first ten minutes but limped on until they looked at his foot at half time. Big worry for the Pompey match at this stage unfortunately.

Typing too quickly to hit t hard enough.

McCarthy got stood on in the first ten minutes but limped on until they looked at his foot at half time. Big worry for the Pompey match at this stage unfortunately.

Glad I checked - I honestly didn't get that. Doh!

Cripes! So we'll be playing who, Samba on his own, or Pedersen/Carlos partnering him? Who'd be Sam Allardyce right now!?? He has to cobble together a team from the dregs we have available and he still gets criticised when we win ugly!

I cant get my head around the fact that in reserve we have two strikers who are up and coming prospects in Blackman and Cruz jnr.

Why didnt we just play one of them alongside Benni ?

Wholesale changes for the coming summer break.

Youre going to mightly disappointed when you see Blackman and Cruz junior, dont build up false hopes 1864.

We played some excellent football in midfield; second half especially, but with nobody up front that seemed capable of finishing things off it was all wasted. As far as creativity was concerned both Tugay and Grella were better than they have been for a long time. Then when Carlos came on and played in the hole he was amazing. Good control and passing and he was really putting himself about. his size or lack of pace did not seem to matter, and he took all our corners from both sides getting in some excellent crosses which were all wasted by our other players in the box.

The bottom line Fife, was that we didn't have one single player, that was any kind of threat to City whatsoever. We had possession yes, mainly because City weren't at the races either, - but possession in itself is of no use. You have to use the possession and create chances. The team did a little better than the last away game, but they weren't good.

I went along and like the others there, sang on, we started well, and, like the entire match, wasted all our MANY opportunities, we completely bossed the game, Tug's and Grella owned the middle. Then we gifted them 2 goals, the ref gifted them the softest pen on the planet and it was game over at half time. I admired the way the players went about their business in the 2nd half, they didn't give up, Pederson even started winning headers when he was playing up front and I liked Carlos and the young lad on the wing who had a go, even Keith went about his work with a lot of enthusiasm!

But we are what we are with what we have available, i.e. Punchless, we have nowt up front and I think if we'd played for another 90 we'd have still lost 3-1, we just need to scrape another win and we are safe, and then it's next year. Our pen summed us up, how many attempts and a hand ball to get it in the bag, we Keith deciding he's seen enough of the other poor efforts and taking responsibility for slapping it in the empty net!

Respect to the other rovers fans, and I loved the reply to sneaking out, i.e. We can see you shooting up. Very apt for the little bunch of Citeh chavs in the corner, what a bunch of deluded muppets they are, if you'd have shelled out the money they have for the players to turn out a performance like that, you'd be very worried for next year...

Archived