BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers

Can anyone ever remember us taking a decent away following to Maine Rd?

Got talking about this on Sunday and nobody could remember a decent following to the old ground, apart from the 1960 semi final that is. Yes we had 2-3k from time to time, but the away end at City held two or three times that if I recall.

Boxing day 1994 was a sell out in the away end.

We had a lot on in September 1987 as well. It kicked off in the Kippax as I remember.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Row F for me, looking forward to a relaxed afternoon in the Manchester sun.

Yes City are unpredictable, but Rovers must be on a high after last weekend.

Would be chuffed with a point, and delighted with a win.

Last away game for most people, due to Chelsea's ridiculous ticket pricing and the fact its on TV.

I want to see us not lose away from home. Just once this season!

So far I've been to Villa, Wigan, Stoke and Arsenal. All losses. I also had a ticket for the postponed Fulham game which counts as my best away game this season (I didn't go to the 2nd attempt, which we won).

I got a smack on the nose by a copper at City back in 1987 or 1988 for having the audacity to sing a song. We took a hefty following that day and loved the old kippax terrace. I think we won 2-1 with Sean Curry getting the winner. Also remember in 93 we beat them 3-1, which turned out to be Peter Reid's last game before he got sacked!

Got my ticket this morning..Roll on Saturday!

One of my first away games was City at Maine Road. We lost 6-0. It's still the heaviest defeat I've ever seen the Rovers suffer. For some reason I kept going.

So did I Scotty except that on that day I was on holiday in Loret de Mar and 8 of us trashed the pool listening to the results on the radio service :unsure:

One of my first away games was City at Maine Road. We lost 6-0. It's still the heaviest defeat I've ever seen the Rovers suffer. For some reason I kept going.

I was there too. The daft thing is we actually played quite well and missed three sitters of our own of the type JR has perfected ths season- a particularly bad header unmarked at the back post from Faz which missed a completely open goal at one point.

I think that was the one and only game that the ex-Rangers legend whose name I cannot remember actually played well for City. He grabbed a hattrick of the highest quality but at least one of their goals was down to our keeper's fallibility with crosses (was it John Butcher in goal?).

I think that was the one and only game that the ex-Rangers legend whose name I cannot remember actually played well for City. He grabbed a hattrick of the highest quality but at least one of their goals was down to our keeper's fallibility with crosses (was it John Butcher in goal?).

It was Derek Parlane. Rovers used to get about 6000 at home in those days and the away following must have been 3-4k at least

City doing kids for £5 for the Rovers game.

I'm looking forward to my afternoon on the beer and wine in a box (next to Directors) thanks to our lawyers.....on the bevy from 12.45pm.

I'll take some photos of the Rovers fans celebrating a victory.....what odds on Nelson to score?

Does anyone have any idea how many tickets we've sold, will there be another big following?

Our tickets are Row AA, which I take to be top tier. That should mean more than half have gone. With a relatively low ticket price, short journey (for most of you) and the fact that we're still not safe mean no excuses IMO.

Our tickets are Row AA, which I take to be top tier. That should mean more than half have gone. With a relatively low ticket price, short journey (for most of you) and the fact that we're still not safe mean no excuses IMO.

Not sure on the upper/lower tier split Simon. I've been a few times and have always been in the lower tier, think there are 30 or 35 rows, so probably A to Z then AA to JJ (or whatever). Notice my ticket doesn't say whether it's upper or lower tier.

Meanwhile, Hughes has confirmed Shaun Wright-Phillips looks certain to miss the home clash against Blackburn this weekend.

"Shaun is still feeling a bit of discomfort and it is likely he will miss out," admitted Hughes.

Pablo Zabaleta and Daniel Sturridge are also sidelined by hamstring and hip problems, respectively, while Micah Richards, who limped out of the win at Everton last weekend with a knee injury, is still a concern.

"Micah is still experiencing a bit of pain in his knee," said Hughes.

can anyone remember the michael tarnat goal at ewood a few years back, i was trying to describe it to someone and went completely blank, only just remembered the guy who scored... i hope thats him anyway. It was a long free kick

Not sure on the upper/lower tier split Simon. I've been a few times and have always been in the lower tier, think there are 30 or 35 rows, so probably A to Z then AA to JJ (or whatever). Notice my ticket doesn't say whether it's upper or lower tier.

Ah fair enough. I've only been last season and I was right down the front.

Archived