BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that was the one and only game that the ex-Rangers legend whose name I cannot remember actually played well for City. He grabbed a hattrick of the highest quality but at least one of their goals was down to our keeper's fallibility with crosses (was it John Butcher in goal?).

It was Vince.

can anyone remember the michael tarnat goal at ewood a few years back, i was trying to describe it to someone and went completely blank, only just remembered the guy who scored... i hope thats him anyway. It was a long free kick

Here it is

Told you about that wobbly ball. I see City massive club filled the Darwen End that night too.

Think city had about 3 thousand in darwen end lower if i remember but i do recall em being seriously loud even from where i was sat at back of bburn end.

Not sure on the upper/lower tier split Simon. I've been a few times and have always been in the lower tier, think there are 30 or 35 rows, so probably A to Z then AA to JJ (or whatever). Notice my ticket doesn't say whether it's upper or lower tier.

The upper tier is sold out. I got my tickets late yesterday on Row AA on the lower tier, although it doesn't say so on the ticket.

See on the official website it says Dunny has had an achilles operation and is therefore out for the season. If it means he has a better chance of having a good pre season then fair enough.

This is presumably the operation that was supposed to be waiting for Rovers to be safe from relegation. Either Sam thinks we're safe (I hope not) or he thinks that Dunn in his current state isn't much help anyway - more likely.

Come on, not much to lose on this one, so:

Ooijer....Givet....Nelsen....Warnock

..................Grella.......................

Diouf....................................MGP

.........Samba..........Roberts.........

..................McCarthy.................

...I'll bring the nappies...

Come on, not much to lose on this one, so:

Ooijer....Givet....Nelsen....Warnock

..................Grella.......................

Diouf....................................MGP

.........Samba..........Roberts.........

..................McCarthy.................

...I'll bring the nappies...

I don't think- Benny up front? Samba playing off the main striker ? I suppose Roberts is back there as a ball playing midfielder.

Hughes "I had four good years there and really enjoyed the people I worked with. They are first rate and you always have an affection for people you left behind because they were a big part of the reason I was successful.” :rolleyes:

Nothing like trying to talk yourself up.

Well I'm usually pretty rubbish with predictions but I got lucky last week and predicted the Rovers 2 Wigan 0 score. Heres hoping I get unlucky this week as I think it will be City 1 Rovers 0. Mainly because Hughes knows the players so well and can attack their weaknesses. Plus we probably won't go with Samba up front as I reckon Sam will be batting for the 1 point from a draw and safety. That means we will have little up front. So whilst I hate predicting against the boys I afraid its a 1-0 for me. Please let me be wrong.

Agreed this has draw writte all over it.

Rovers really took City apart at Ewood for 85 minutes at Ewood so I don't think we have that much to fear although if we allow City any freedom they have handed out some big thrashings at Eastlands.

Could be a day for another big performance from Robbo.

One of my first away games was City at Maine Road. We lost 6-0. It's still the heaviest defeat I've ever seen the Rovers suffer. For some reason I kept going.

Don't recall the game in 87, but I do recall the 0-6 drubbing :(

That performance at Stoke was that bad that I'll have to go for 0-2.

City are decent at home and if we play 4-5-1 again then we're doomed.

Hatton to get knocked out in the first round.

I want a Hatton win, but I fear Pac Man will have too much for him and win on points.

Before the Mayweather fight I told anyone who'd listen that Hatton would lose........Got to Vegas, caught up in the atmosphere.......$200 on Hatton :wacko:

• Backroom

Can't see us getting anything here, City have no pressure whereas we will still be shakey I think. Lets hope the other results go our way.

2 - 0 City

City havent drawn a single game this season - therefore il go with a 1-1 draw. Rovers to score 1st, City to equalise in the second half.

Hughesy are you talking about home games for City, where they havent drawn a game all season? We did draw 2-2 with them, so maybe im just confused here

Hoping for a double of a heavy defeat for City and for Hatton to get knocked out in the first round.

I differ in that I hope Ricky wins. I always support the British fighter, and I do like Hatton. I'm sick of the US based fighters running away from decent British fighters, although Manny has put his neck out, as did Mayweather Jr.

To more relevent matters, that quote from Hughes is a bit rich as he has been spending all season undermining us over RSC, and generally giving it largeabout being at a 'big' club. He has lost a lot of respect from me over this season, and I hope we stuff them 6-0 with Tugay getting a hat-trick.

Archived