BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'taking Back' The Darwen End

for those who say that we divide it in halve there is a minor problem, the segregation on the concourse.

Is there not a gate in the middle of the concorse on both the upper and lower tiers in the Darwen end? It's been a while since i've been in the darwen end

There is a big floor to ceiling metal fence in there. The same as the one at either side of the away fans at such places at COMS....

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it should be half and half. But how is everyone going to convince the club?

They should be given the top half of the Darwen End and no more. We'll sell out the rest of the ground anyway. Keep the first 10 rows empty for obvious reasons. If they start chucking objects down on the Rovers fans send the riot police in - or better still send the dogs in. It's worked before. Failing that use a water canon. Or a flame thrower. There are various options open to the poilce here.

They should be given the top half of the Darwen End and no more. We'll sell out the rest of the ground anyway. Keep the first 10 rows empty for obvious reasons. If they start chucking objects down on the Rovers fans send the riot police in - or better still send the dogs in. It's worked before. Failing that use a water canon. Or a flame thrower. There are various options open to the poilce here.

How about soap and water?

And it has hosted an international (U21 or England B vs Albania IIRC).

I don't see Lancs plod allowing 8000 clarrots just like they didn't allow us to offer Stoke 8000 this season (was it 4700 or something?).

Burnley v Stoke has plenty of 'history' btw.

I think a large amount of the issue is down to the criteria that BFC put on selling their allocation of tickets. No tickets on open sale at all costs with tickets only being offered to supporters who have held ST's for at least 3 seasons is a workeable stipulation to weed out a lot of the knuckle draggers that this fixture will attract and keep it to proper 'football' fans in the main. If the match tickets are then sold on and trouble ensues the ST's can be withdrawn and the culprits prosecuted.

I think it should be half and half. But how is everyone going to convince the club?

Whether it's top tier only or half and half, the best way to convince the club and police not to let 7,000 inbreds into Ewood, is for us to sell lots of season tickets and have a full Darwen end for the games leading up to the game with the Dingles. Just the same amount of tickets we sold on Sunday or even the two games before that should do.

To my mind it should be a great spur to sell tickets as having a season ticket might be the only way to be sure you get a ticket for the derby game is to have one.

I also think having the Derby game will add something to next season, I didn't want to see them come up but now they are here it will be another fixture that I will look out for when they come out.

Whether it's top tier only or half and half, the best way to convince the club and police not to let 7,000 inbreds into Ewood, is for us to sell lots of season tickets and have a full Darwen end for the games leading up to the game with the Dingles. Just the same amount of tickets we sold on Sunday or even the two games before that should do.

To my mind it should be a great spur to sell tickets as having a season ticket might be the only way to be sure you get a ticket for the derby game is to have one.

I also think having the Derby game will add something to next season, I didn't want to see them come up but now they are here it will be another fixture that I will look out for when they come out.

There has to be four games though doesn't there?

Bottom tier I say - pen them in, give them stick, make it an awful place for the scumbags.

BRING THEM ON!!! Dunn said the same next season too.

Why not put them out of sight in the top tier surely thats the place for the Dingles to go.

You've got to look at worst case scenarios Hughesy.

1. they are closer to the pitch, running on etc. always a numpty claret special,

2. there could be more, genrating more noise.

3. more Dingles more trouble.

4. You give them TV exposure at Ewood Park not a very good idea- its our game.

ITS SIMPLY GOT TO BE THE TOP TIER AND NOTHING ELSE!

'Both fans would sit in close proximity with the added problems of Burnley fans throwing objects from the top tier if they are located there.'

If the game was policed properly, the first object thrown would result in the offender being cuffed and dragged out of the ground... and so on. the scum who want to throw missiles will soon be put off.

Get the Dingles shipped in to the ground and penned in the top tier by 1pm, after that the Rovers fans can please themselves what time they turn up. In the mean time, the Dingles can spent their groats on our turf and fill the tills on the Darwen End.

'Both fans would sit in close proximity with the added problems of Burnley fans throwing objects from the top tier if they are located there.'

If the game was policed properly, the first object thrown would result in the offender being cuffed and dragged out of the ground... and so on. the scum who want to throw missiles will soon be put off.

Get the Dingles shipped in to the ground and penned in the top tier by 1pm, after that the Rovers fans can please themselves what time they turn up. In the mean time, the Dingles can spent their groats on our turf and fill the tills on the Darwen End.

Stick the Yahoos in the top tier, leave the front two rows clear with the front row occupied by stewards/police at regular intervals.

I didn't want to see them come up but now they are here it will be another fixture that I will look out for when they come out.

It will be the 1st fixture everybody from both clubs will be looking for!!!! :rover:

Its quite clear most Rovers fans on here have the correct train of thought...give 'the shyte' as small an allocation as possible.

Under no circumstances do you allow more away supporters to buy tickets when the possiblity of trouble is high,especially at derby games and when the home support can fill the stands themselves.

Please listen to our fans Mr Williams and arrange matters with the Police.

Its quite clear most Rovers fans on here have the correct train of thought...give 'the shyte' as small an allocation as possible.

Under no circumstances do you allow more away supporters to buy tickets when the possiblity of trouble is high,especially at derby games and when the home support can fill the stands themselves.

Please listen to our fans Mr Williams and arrange matters with the Police.

After we reduced Nasty Stoke's allocation I think we need have no worries about the Nasty Dingles this time

Just rang ticket office on this, they said the only definities getting the whole Darwen End thus far are Man United and Liverpool, was hoping for clarification on Burnley!

Just rang ticket office on this, they said the only definities getting the whole Darwen End thus far are Man United and Liverpool, was hoping for clarification on Burnley!

Whilst that is pretty likely there are currently NO games where a decision has been made about giving the whole of the Darwen End to away fans. It all depends on how many season tickets we sell. The reality is that we will have to get to a total sales situation where we sell so many in the other three stands that we run out of room to reallocate the Darwen End season tickets for the 3/4 matches to stop us giving Utd and Liverpool the whole of the Darwen End, but nothing is decided yet. Burnley will be different because any decision will rely on liaison with the police. The fourth match will only be decided when the fixture list comes out e.g. if we have say Man City or Everton at home on Boxing Day that might be the game. This is from the Fans Forum last night.

• 3 months later...

I was wondering what the 4th non-season ticket game would be in the Darwen End.

Not sure it would be a good idea for Everton to get it whilst we still have Diouf playing - that could definitely work to Everton's advantage.

Archived