BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'taking Back' The Darwen End

TAKING BACK EWOOD - not just the darwen end.

JW was very impressed and has admitted it has given them food for thought over future incentives.

It also sounds like the club are looking at incentive based season tickets, i.e. the more they sell, the cheaper they become. Maybe a group deal so that if you get your mates to sign up, you get yours cheaper (like the sky referral system?).

JW Speaks here

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of the things that helped the most at the weekend was the unreserved seating situation. If this was applied to other areas of the ground (Blackburn End) it could surely only help improve the atmosphere. I think you would find that those who wanted to sing would gather in one area of the stand which would help keep songs going rather than breaking down.

A lot of people in the Darwen end got to the ground earlier at the weekend to ensure they had good seats, meaning that the atmosphere built up before the game.

TAKING BACK EWOOD - not just the darwen end.

JW was very impressed and has admitted it has given them food for thought over future incentives.

It also sounds like the club are looking at incentive based season tickets, i.e. the more they sell, the cheaper they become. Maybe a group deal so that if you get your mates to sign up, you get yours cheaper (like the sky referral system?).

JW Speaks here

From that link: "Of course we don’t want to always have that adversity but wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could get that atmosphere consistently."

What do you think JW means by 'adversity' in that context? Relegation threat?

Lets take a "proposed" look at the Premiership line up for next season.

Rovers top home (list A) games would consist of Manure, Liverpoo, Everton, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. These games guarantee at least 4000 away fans (and more) attending the games.

Derby games would be Bolton and Wigan (list B).

Decent away attendances (3000) (list C) would be Stoke, Spurs, Wham, Villa and Wolves.

Poor away attendance games (sub 2000)(list D) would be Pompy, Sunderland, Hull, Fulham, Sheff Utd and Reading (based on them both being promoted).

For the Bolton and Wigan game Rovers have an opportunity to at least get 3000 away fans through the gates with a low price ticket offer whilst also taking advantage of their own fans to fill the lower tier of the Darwen End, set a price say £15 per game with BOTH clubs offering the same deal to Rovers fans for the return game.

List A would clearly have the biggest financial opportunity for Rovers and the top price tickets would have to apply.

For list C and D, Rovers have two alternatives.

They could introduce a mini season ticket for the 11 games, or an incentive based pricing policy. For example go to 5 games pay for 4 and put the fans in the Darwen End Lower Tier.

For list D they could also offer a peercentage of the tickets for the Kids and family supporters groups. Such as 1 adult and 2 kids for £15 per game, or something similar along the lines of our last 3 games, 3 for £20. Again basing our fans in the lower tier of the Darwen End.

Fans will say what about the Established ST Holders. I somewhat agree but with an invenstive based fee, plus offers of two free travel opportunities it may well be a way forward, especially if prices are similar to this seasons OR even less.

Guest Vinjay606
Lets take a "proposed" look at the Premiership line up for next season.

Rovers top home (list A) games would consist of Manure, Liverpoo, Everton, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. These games guarantee at least 4000 away fans (and more) attending the games.

Derby games would be Bolton and Wigan (list B).

Decent away attendances (3000) (list C) would be Stoke, Spurs, Wham, Villa and Wolves.

Poor away attendance games (sub 2000)(list D) would be Pompy, Sunderland, Hull, Fulham, Sheff Utd and Reading (based on them both being promoted).

For the Bolton and Wigan game Rovers have an opportunity to at least get 3000 away fans through the gates with a low price ticket offer whilst also taking advantage of their own fans to fill the lower tier of the Darwen End, set a price say £15 per game with BOTH clubs offering the same deal to Rovers fans for the return game.

List A would clearly have the biggest financial opportunity for Rovers and the top price tickets would have to apply.

For list C and D, Rovers have two alternatives.

They could introduce a mini season ticket for the 11 games, or an incentive based pricing policy. For example go to 5 games pay for 4 and put the fans in the Darwen End Lower Tier.

For list D they could also offer a peercentage of the tickets for the Kids and family supporters groups. Such as 1 adult and 2 kids for £15 per game, or something similar along the lines of our last 3 games, 3 for £20. Again basing our fans in the lower tier of the Darwen End.

Fans will say what about the Established ST Holders. I somewhat agree but with an invenstive based fee, plus offers of two free travel opportunities it may well be a way forward, especially if prices are similar to this seasons OR even less.

4 clubs in that list are local sides not just 2. (i.e the 2 greater manchester sides mentioned in list B would be joined by the central Manchester clubs)

I think one of the things that helped the most at the weekend was the unreserved seating situation. If this was applied to other areas of the ground (Blackburn End) it could surely only help improve the atmosphere. I think you would find that those who wanted to sing would gather in one area of the stand which would help keep songs going rather than breaking down.

A lot of people in the Darwen end got to the ground earlier at the weekend to ensure they had good seats, meaning that the atmosphere built up before the game.

That's exactly why the Fans Forum has proposed a permanent unreserved seating area, an idea which the club are backing and should be introduced for next season. Unfortunately it can't be done in the Blackburn End because there are just too many fans with their own seats that they have had for years which they would be mightily ###### off to lose.

Hughesy - it looks like the incentive idea for season tickets has been leaked to the LET - that was one of the ideas for ST renewals discussed at the Forum.

I specifically highlighted Bolton and Wigan. This season saw a much improved crowd at both games versus the winkers. We all know what a poor home and away support the pie eaters have so an incentive based price might just add a few more onto the gate.

Its not the only plan I hope? I.e this isnt the 'exciting' bit about the deal is it??

1864 - For list b, i think we should give half top & half bottom to them and other to ours, it would add abit of atmosphere over there and abit of banter which would attract even more to that area.

We might get 4000 winkers through the doors at best but we would be lucky to see 1400 pie eaters.

Its only a suggestion and I am certain that the scenario cn be tinkered with to make it attractive to the wavering supporters, the supporters who cant make every game etc.

Where theres a will theres a way.

Sorry to be picky but each time I see the title of this thread its bugging me.

What does 'tacking back' mean? If its meant to be said in a lancashire accent then surely it should read 'teckin back'

Or if read in plain English - taking back

Yes I know its not an English lesson and all that but its been annoying me!

Good points. The atmosphere these days doesn't build up because the effin sound system drowns out everything else. I know they won't get rid of it but the sooner they turn it down the better. I love loud music, in fact the louder the better but I love it at a gig, not before a football match. It really is something that I wish could be discussed at the FF.

Guest Vinjay606

Isn't the game itself sufficient enough for chanting? Why chant before and after the game as well? Personally I consider the screen a waste of time so maybe music should be played from the ground opening until kick off. I didn't attend many matches in 97-98 before the screen was installed but I think it might have been like that then.

Not that I'm anti-chanting. I don't normally chant myself anymore (used to up until the last few years) and I have justifiable reasons for that.

I refer to it as chanting as I refuse to call it singing.

Its not the only plan I hope? I.e this isnt the 'exciting' bit about the deal is it??

No.

I'm guessing it's about the potential for lower price season tickets depending on the number of season tickets sold...? Hopefully a good end to the season will tempt some of those taking advantage of the 3 for 20 offer to buy one next year.

Where's the point taking back the Darwen end when we give it back for manchester United or Liverpool..Surely the ticketing policy should apply when they come too...It would be amazing to keep them down to 3-4,000 and fill the bottom tier with Rovers fans..

Where's the point taking back the Darwen end when we give it back for manchester United or Liverpool..Surely the ticketing policy should apply when they come too...It would be amazing to keep them down to 3-4,000 and fill the bottom tier with Rovers fans..

Exactly, filling it for less attractive games only to give it up - the Club may as well shoot itself in the foot.

Well if we could fill it on a regular basis then we wouldn't need to give the entire end to the Mancs, Liverpool etc.

Man U and Liverpool fans (and some others) will pay full price and still fill the enclosure. We wouldn't be able to do this with Rovers fans and would have to lose revenue. Whilst an honourable thing to do, I'm not sure the club could sustain this. We'd have to reduce the wage bill which means lowering the calibre of players on the books (still further) which will lower the standard of football and ability to compete, and likely end in relegation. From the club's perspective it's a balancing act between pricing the tickets to match supporter expectations and being able to afford the kind of team people will want to pay to watch. (The current situation with playing staff doesn't really illustrate the point very well but you get the idea!)

Archived