BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

Just spotted this on the Lancashire Evening Telewag.

Apparently there is a facebook petition for the club to allow Tugay a testimonial for his 8th season, due to the fact that it may be his last.

Now im no member of facebook, but maybe its worth adding our support on here.

Im all for it, and im sure it would come close to a sell-out for him. LEGEND

Article here

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been a member of that group for a long time now. Tugay deserves it, but it should be once the club have decided not to renew his deal. Potential Rovers coach?

Or do both. Give him a coach role so he makes 10 years and then give him the testimonial anyway :rover:

Am pretty certain the Police would kaibosh any Rangers game at Ewood.

They played at Sunderland a couple of years ago and trashed the place and a roll on from that was Rovers invited them to Ewood a couple of years ago and the matter was thrown out of hand byconcerns of 20000 jocks in frocks coming south for a friendly.

Would love however to go and see Rovers grace Ibrox.

The obvious choice is Glasgow Rangers, but I bet the police would have something to say about that.

That would be absolutely outstanding.

I'm a member of the Facebook group too, hope they can get this to happen.

That would be absolutely outstanding.

I'm a member of the Facebook group too, hope they can get this to happen.

I'm not a member. Do you think Gordon will give us permission to join this one in a worthwhile cause or will he label us teenage oiks anyway?

Ooh, it's been a while since we had a Facebook campaign!

Tugay's a fine man and has been a fantastic player. I would imagine that since he signed for us however, he's earned somewhere in the region of ₤4-5 million. I'm sure that will keep him supplied with Turkish Delight well in to his dotage.

So perhaps we can save this ingratiating little campaign for Facebook?

Tugay's a fine man and has been a fantastic player. I would imagine that since he signed for us however, he's earned somewhere in the region of ₤4-5 million. I'm sure that will keep him supplied with Turkish Delight well in to his dotage.

I take your point but if he was donate the takings to charity as Theno has suggested....

These days top filght players rarely have testimonial games as they aren't around long enough at one club, but when they do the money goes to charities/good causes, usually ones which are appropriate to the player or local to the club. I'm pretty sure that Brad was planning something like this for his testimonial at Rovers before he popped-off to Villa. Its no longer about topping-up their pension fund, its about celebrating their loyalty/showing appreciation etc....

Would be great to have the game be against Galatasaray. The impression I've got is that he's as much of a legend among their fans as he is amongst us.

It would be ideal if this could be set up and played in Turkey . It would give those amongst us who miss the European matches an excellent chance to have a proper away day .

Sort it out , Tugay ........ :rover:

Well, if we're talking sweet charidee, then it's hard to quibble....

It's not about raising money for him. It's about celebrating the career of the most talented player to ever wear blue and white halves. We all deserve it.

I'd happily support a Tugay testimonial. Then again, years ago, when I suggested Garry Flitcroft deserved one for his 9 years at Rovers a lot of miserable buggers on here begged to differ so I wouldn't hold out too much hope

Tugay hasn't just spent 250k on trying to keep his fancy piece out of the papers, that left a sour taste in the mouth despite his 9 years at the club.

Archived