BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Campaign For Tugay Testimonial

I can't imagine Celtic being asked to participate in a testimonial for an ex-Rangers player though...

Some form of 'All-Star XI' would seem most likely given the problems of inviting either Gala or Rangers. Problem then is you don't draw 'other' fans to the game to add to the gate.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: tugay should be kept at the club in some coaching capacity,but somehow the way TUGAY plays the game,and the way lardarse wants to play it,are as different as chalk and cheese :angry::brfcsmilie:

I'm pretty sure I read a quote somewhere that said Big Sam was only playing the long ball tactic so much at the moment because its the most effective way of getting goals, thus getting us out of the mess Ince left us in.

I also read that he will work on more "sexy football" tactics in the close season. So hopefully Tugay will be kept on

:tu:

Going to miss the Maestro but what an eight years!

Many happy memories

Goal at Southampton

Goal vs. Arsenal

Goal against West Ham at Ewood

Goal against Burnley

Pass to Cole for the first goal against Fulham (4-3 game)

Stepovers around Gerrard to set up MGP to cross for Benni to win 1-0 vs. Liverpool, Boxing Day a couple of years back

Goal (well he claimed it) against Burnley

Top 3

1. Wondergoal vs. Fulham

2. Wondergoal vs. Spurs

3. Wondergoal vs. Basle

Going to miss the Maestro but what an eight years!

Many happy memories

Goal at Southampton

Goal vs. Arsenal

Goal against West Ham at Ewood

Goal against Burnley

Pass to Cole for the first goal against Fulham (4-3 game)

Stepovers around Gerrard to set up MGP to cross for Benni to win 1-0 vs. Liverpool, Boxing Day a couple of years back

Goal (well he claimed it) against Burnley

Top 3

1. Wondergoal vs. Fulham

2. Wondergoal vs. Spurs

3. Wondergoal vs. Basle

You're missing the wonder goal against Brum in the FA Cup the other season too...

A true legend. Wore his heart on his sleeve. Always gave it his all. Sometimes was worth two players, and I dont mean his invisible friend...

Will NOT ever be replaced and its going to be so weird not having him in our squad anymore.

Definitely one of my top 3 greatest ever Rovers players.

Dont agree with having a testimonial for Tugay hes not fullfilled the criteria of playing for ten years, plus its just alot of time, effort and money for all to make it happen.

We should just stick to and end of season celebration for Tugay, then Rovers and Tugay can move on in their own seperate ways after this game.

He's been a legend - he could have easily moved onto a bigger club but choose not to - he deserves all the praise he gets and he deserves a testimonial. Simples....

Praise he definitley deserves, testmonial he doesnt.

Ten years service is normally the standard reward for a servant to achieve a testimonial, unfortunately Tugays service has fallen short of that length of time.

Praise he definitley deserves, testmonial he doesnt.

Ten years service is normally the standard reward for a servant to achieve a testimonial, unfortunately Tugays service has fallen short of that length of time.

You miserable thing! The only reason he's not doing the 10 years is he's too old. My husband would like him to carry on playing for us with a Zimmerframe and so probably would Tugay himself, but it's not going to happen. Linking his leaving and the last game of the season is an awful idea. How can you think he doesn't deserve an occasion to himself when he takes centre stage. Good grief, if the difficulty of organising it is all that's putting anyone off, I'll organise it myself.

You miserable thing! The only reason he's not doing the 10 years is he's too old. My husband would like him to carry on playing for us with a Zimmerframe and so probably would Tugay himself, but it's not going to happen. Linking his leaving and the last game of the season is an awful idea. How can you think he doesn't deserve an occasion to himself when he takes centre stage. Good grief, if the difficulty of organising it is all that's putting anyone off, I'll organise it myself.

Its just highly unfortunate but these are the current circumstances. Rovers need to spend all their energy on rebuilding the team for next season rather than dilly dallying about organising a game for an ex employee.

Maybe an evening with Brownie at the Hordens or another larger venue stage managed with Tugay were we can all have alaugh and a drink in the great Turks presence, that for me is far more appealling than 90 minutes of nothing.

Its just highly unfortunate but these are the current circumstances. Rovers need to spend all their energy on rebuilding the team for next season rather than dilly dallying about organising a game for an ex employee.

Maybe an evening with Brownie at the Hordens or another larger venue stage managed with Tugay were we can all have alaugh and a drink in the great Turks presence, that for me is far more appealling than 90 minutes of nothing.

Perhaps it appeals to you more but i don't want to talk to him - just watch him play football in a non competitive match and applaud his skills for one last time. I don't do pubs and drinking and nor do the kids who might also want to say that they watched Tugay play when they are older. Yes, we need to put energy into getting our team right for next year but it's not like anyone's asking the manager to sort it, is it? All we need is a list of potential dates and then start ringing round and asking who might be available. If there's a will, there'll be a way.

Who of us thought that, 8 years after he signed, we would be saying goodbye to a legend? IIRC he was the replacement purchase for Eyal Berkovic who Celtic demanded £5 million for and who has gone long since in comparison to Tugay. He remains one of the best purchases in Premier League history. A purer volley-er (if that's a word) of the ball I don't think you could find anywhere and his vision and passing is still top class. His legs, unfortunately, aren't. He deserves a testimonial as one of the best and longest serving players we have had. A true legend.

Perhaps it appeals to you more but i don't want to talk to him - just watch him play football in a non competitive match and applaud his skills for one last time. I don't do pubs and drinking and nor do the kids who might also want to say that they watched Tugay play when they are older. Yes, we need to put energy into getting our team right for next year but it's not like anyone's asking the manager to sort it, is it? All we need is a list of potential dates and then start ringing round and asking who might be available. If there's a will, there'll be a way.

Why not just applaud his skills for one last time against West Brom in a competitive match rather than a non competitive match surely that should be the aim. Plus it puts 'value' on going to the West Brom game and seeing Tugay for one last time.

For me a testimonial does not appeal to me as much as it does to you gumboots and others.

Archived