BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stag Doo!

In June, myself and 15 others are off to some place in Ireland called Waterford?

We tried getting Kilkenny but there was no hotel who would take 16 of us for the weekend. The groom still wanted to go to Ireland so we managed to get a deal for £138pp for a 3 star hotel for 2 nights with breakfast and that includes the ferry there and back and transportation in Ireland.

Has anyone been to this place before? I've tried reading up on it and there isn't much about. All I know is there is a lot of bars, clubs and it's a medieval village.

Also we are getting T-Shirts done and on the back is "Will only dance for ________"

Please fill in the gap, I'm struggling.

A few of the boys have got theirs in already:

A paramedic

Facebook friends

And a new hip!

Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.

Waterford is way down in the south of Ireland and when I visited a couple of years ago there wasn't a lot there except the Waterford Crystal factory, which is worth a visit to see how the crystal is hand made and hand etched. However go sober or it may cost a bob or two in breakages. The Guinness though, like in the rest of Ireland is absolute nectar. Enjoy.

Waterford is way down in the south of Ireland and when I visited a couple of years ago there wasn't a lot there except the Waterford Crystal factory, which is worth a visit to see how the crystal is hand made and hand etched. However go sober or it may cost a bob or two in breakages. The Guinness though, like in the rest of Ireland is absolute nectar. Enjoy.

err it's a stag do Al!! :rolleyes:

btw Guiness might be OK but it'll be bloody dear!

err it's a stag do Al!! :rolleyes:

Still might be worth an hours sobriety whilst you are there. Not everybody starts drinking at 9am! :blink:

Not a long train ride from Waterford to Kilkenny, if you wanted to go there for a bit, I think only about 20 mins.

Did you try Hotel Kilkenny? It's only a 10-15 minute walk from town and is a pretty good size.

Not a long train ride from Waterford to Kilkenny, if you wanted to go there for a bit, I think only about 20 mins.

Did you try Hotel Kilkenny? It's only a 10-15 minute walk from town and is a pretty good size.

My mate done it so I'm not sure. I had a look myself and tried a few but everyone i selected in Kilkenny was already fully booked or won't accept stag groups.

The place we got looks alright, it's 3 star and called the Marina Hotel.

Still might be worth an hours sobriety whilst you are there. Not everybody starts drinking at 9am! :blink:

9am???? Who'll be up and breakfasted at 9.00am???? Al have you ever been on a stag do? :rolleyes:

err..... You're not related to Barry off Aufwiedersehn Pet by any chance? :)

9am???? Who'll be up and breakfasted at 9.00am???? Al have you ever been on a stag do? :rolleyes:

Christ Gordon you would start an argument in an empty room. Not rising to the bait. Keep on taking the Allopurinol pal.

Waterford is the bottom right hand corner of Ireland. It's about 2 to hours south of Dublin. My Grandmother comes from County Waterford, but not Waterford city. I was there 3 years and it's a lovely city, rich in heritage and history. I'm not sure what it's like for a drunken stag do, but there will be more than enough bars and clubs for you to go to. You could always get the train to Kilkenny or Cork which are mental places to go out in!

:lol:

Last stag do I went on we hadn't stopped drinking by 9am.

Having said that though, Waterford isn't the usual type of destination so perhaps this isn't the usual type of stag do.

• Backroom

I went to Riga in Latvia on my stag do back in Febuary, never before have I been as nervous, had an amzing time though, took me a good week to get over it mind.

Just make sure you enjoy it, remember you're hopefully only going to have one and for that weekend you're the main man.

In June, myself and 15 others are off to some place in Ireland called Waterford?

We tried getting Kilkenny but there was no hotel who would take 16 of us for the weekend. The groom still wanted to go to Ireland so we managed to get a deal for £138pp for a 3 star hotel for 2 nights with breakfast and that includes the ferry there and back and transportation in Ireland.

Has anyone been to this place before? I've tried reading up on it and there isn't much about. All I know is there is a lot of bars, clubs and it's a medieval village.

Also we are getting T-Shirts done and on the back is "Will only dance for ________"

Please fill in the gap, I'm struggling.

A few of the boys have got theirs in already:

A paramedic

Facebook friends

And a new hip!

Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.

A very random place to spend a weekend. :) County Waterford is nice but Waterford city is nothing special. It's on a similar scale to, but nowhere near as nice as, Galway and Cork. Much preferable to the sh!t hole that is Dublin of course but expect to pay extortionate prices wherever you go. The prices in the South are bloody crazy. They'll be charging you for the air down there next. In fact you'll start haemorrhaging money as soon as you cross the border from NI.

• 5 weeks later...

Absolute quality weekend in Waterford :)

The Marina hotel was first class, clean, close to the action and the hospitality was brilliant.

The pubs, bars and clubs were a good laugh with other hen/stag parties enjoying themselves too. Drinks ranged from 5 - 14 euros depending on your tipple. No fighting/trouble anywhere.

The ladies where beautiful and lovely and there's a real bond between the Welsh and Irish. A stunning medical student took a real shine to me and back at her flat, lets just say it was immense!

2 hours sleep in 3 days and I'm feeling knackered and the effects of a brutal hangover today for sure. Rather missing the Irish ancient too!

In the words of Arnie, I'll be back!

My knee was good, felt strong and there was no pain throughout the whole trip probably due to the large consumption of alcohol.

I definitely needed the stick though for support, the only problem I had was the boat home as we took the cat. Everyone was going flying though as it was a rough crossing. Luckily I don't get sea sick but the unfortunate people who do were like a dominoes effect in the cubicles being horrendously ill.

It's aches today but in fairness so does my whole body, really pleased how it preformed.

Guest Wen Y Hu
The ladies where beautiful and lovely and there's a real bond between the Welsh and Irish. A stunning medical student took a real shine to me and back at her flat, lets just say it was immense!

Sounds like quite a bond. :wub:

Glad you had a cracking time and glad you came back in one piece...

Archived