BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

The Crouch not being that good in the air theory is hardly groundbreaking, but he still wins his fair share of headers. There are other players that we could move up front, I think the most sensible approach is to put Samba at the back, although I fully expect to see him up front.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Crouch not being that good in the air theory is hardly groundbreaking, but he still wins his fair share of headers. There are other players that we could move up front, I think the most sensible approach is to put Samba at the back, although I fully expect to see him up front.

Who would you play up front, then?

Just been listening to a caller on Talksport who owns a mask company. Apparently he's handing out free Tony Mowbray masks to the 1800 Baggies fans turning up. Wonder if someone should tell him that they won't get too much coverage up the in the Darwen end rafters!

Pompey have defensive problems with Glen Johnson and Younes Kaboul battling to recover from thigh muscle injuries, while Noe Pamarot is suspended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn (from): Robinson, Bunn, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Givet, Olsson, Villanueva, Tugay, Andrews, Diouf, Treacy, Mokoena, McCarthy, Pedersen, Grella, Doran, Blackman. Source - BBC Sport

Hopefully they dont recover - that would be a good boost to us.

Blackman also named in the squad!!

Just about everyone that's fit then, :D thank you BBC. ;)

Just been listening to a caller on Talksport who owns a mask company. Apparently he's handing out free Tony Mowbray masks to the 1800 Baggies fans turning up. Wonder if someone should tell him that they won't get too much coverage up the in the Darwen end rafters!

He'll find out tomorrow :)

After the season they have had just what the fook is the point in doing that?...a real 'Mr dour' if ever there was one. :blink:

Looking forward to the game and the atmosphere tomorrow...we all set the standard v Wigan for atmosphere so same again please.

Exactly what I thought - they see him as some sort of god because they play 'nice' football. Look where that got Ince & look where it has got West Brom. No ambition other than a Yo-yo club....?

After the season they have had just what the fook is the point in doing that?

Apparently he has them playing stylish relegation football. A bit like what Ince was aspiring towards but wasn't given enough time so we just ended up with mediocre relegation football. :blink:

P.S. Sorry for the confusion Simon - didn't know where else to post and didn't want to steal anyone's thunder by creating a Baggies' thread. Apologies to anyone else who came to the Portsmouth thread and found West Brom stuff posted there!

I actually think that if we play Nicky Blackman 2moz, it would prove a stroke of genius!! The portsmouth (never call them Pompey, its too affectionate to say we ont support them) defense can barely move. It would help a MILE if johnson aint in there either!! They are so slow that they might just make McCarthy look like Usain feckin Bolt!! Blackman is very Derbyshire-esque, which i why i'm not too fussed about sellin Matty (i know, wrong thread, but its relevant here IMO).

I agree with Lawrenson for the first time ever and i'm going for a 2-1 win 2moz. Shall i wear my Fez early???

I actually think that if we play Nicky Blackman 2moz, it would prove a stroke of genius!! The portsmouth (never call them Pompey, its too affectionate to say we ont support them) defense can barely move. It would help a MILE if johnson aint in there either!! They are so slow that they might just make McCarthy look like Usain feckin Bolt!! Blackman is very Derbyshire-esque, which i why i'm not too fussed about sellin Matty (i know, wrong thread, but its relevant here IMO).

It would certainly throw a curveball at Pompey, but when has Sam shown to take such a gamble?

Well fellow fans, I have been a severe critic of Andrews this season and I still am.

I want to give him the benefit of my doubt but for me he is NOT a Premier midfielder.

Tomorrow, I am backing him to score the first goal and to double it with a 1-0 scoreline.

It would certainly throw a curveball at Pompey, but when has Sam shown to take such a gamble?

I know what u mean. He's never played a defender up front has he? (I dont mean that to be offensive. I've had a bad day so forgive my sarcastic retort) Point stands tho...

Exactly what I thought - they see him as some sort of god because they play 'nice' football. Look where that got Ince & look where it has got West Brom. No ambition other than a Yo-yo club....?

If the majority of their fans are happy with what hes doing then he must be doing something right despite their position.

If he can keep progressing the baggies when they come back next time they might well be tougher opposition than we might find them this time around.

If their fans can see progress can we really mock them.

I know what u mean. He's never played a defender up front has he? (I dont mean that to be offensive. I've had a bad day so forgive my sarcastic retort) Point stands tho...

Big Sam knows what Samba is all about, and knows the direct ball/long throws will play to his strengths. It's not really a gamble compared to giving a young striker his debut in a decisive game.

Big Sam knows what Samba is all about, and knows the direct ball/long throws will play to his strengths. It's not really a gamble compared to giving a young striker his debut in a decisive game.

yeh, i suppose. i WUD say what about playing doran, but he was played when both games were lost causes. Maybe 'do a derbs' with blackman and bring him on with 20 mins left?

Forgive my stupidity but why has Sky's 'Premier League Review' just had the game down as a 2.00 o'clock kick off? My ticket says 3, Skysports.com says 3 and the club website says 3. I am travelling from Stoke and am petrified I have missed some announcement of a rearranged kick off.........

Forgive my stupidity but why has Sky's 'Premier League Review' just had the game down as a 2.00 o'clock kick off? My ticket says 3, Skysports.com says 3 and the club website says 3. I am travelling from Stoke and am petrified I have missed some announcement of a rearranged kick off.........

it's 3pm matey. the preview was shoing the arsenal game (just above it on the show) as a 2pm kickoff on super sunday. i wondered at first too.

It's 3 O'clock, don't worry.

Cheerd ADB......me and my kids can sleep easy.......CAN'T WAIT!!

The only thing about you being in Stoke and missing something is WORLD DEVELOPMENT :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will take that with the hu our I am sure it was meant 1864 :rolleyes:

Even Stoke kids need educating........I am a headteacher with the power to create an enclave of Roverites in the dark, backwater that is the Potteries!!

Raised in Wilpshire and proud

I agree with Lawrenson for the first time ever and i'm going for a 2-1 win 2moz. Shall i wear my Fez early???

Johnson is quick, Belhadj(?) is quick and Distin is quick. They are quick back there no doubt about it. So where you get the idea from that their back 4 can barely move, I don't know.

Blackman is nowhere near the quality of Derbyshire, he has the potential but so did Gally at one point and look what happened to him :unsure:

Archived