BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Twitter, Who Is On It?

It's a site where you post short updates regularly telling people exactly what you are doing/thinking at that particular time. I spend a ton of time on the internet, but even I think this is past a joke. I have zero interest in either telling people what I am doing several times a day or finding out from others. If it is interesting and I think you need to know it I'll tell you in a conversation.

So its like that status thing on facebook - where it would say "Eddie is hung over today" or whatever? Only its updated more often so people can keep track of peoples feelings, emotions etc??

That is pathetic!!

It has it uses. I use to provide links to things I'd be interested in reading, such at Charlie Brooker's column in the Guardian, but I can't remember to bother doing or buy the paper. It is a little dull otherwise, and I like Facebook.

It has uses for certain people, but the majority of it would be "Eddie is at the grocery store looking at all the types of apples!". Who cares? All of these things are just making people feel far more important than they are. That isn't to say people lead interesting lives, but everyone has very dull moments in their day and they don't need to tell the world about it or think that for some reason people want to know about it. It's all very sad.

Twitter is the worst thing ever invented I swear. There's a small band of people on my facebook list who insist on linking their statuses to their Twitter accounts, including one armchair United fan from Wakefield who I'm acquainted with who insists on continually updating his twitter every time United play/score a goal/take a sodding throw in. It drives me up the wall..

Guest Vinjay606
Twitter is the worst thing ever invented I swear. There's a small band of people on my facebook list who insist on linking their statuses to their Twitter accounts, including one armchair United fan from Wakefield who I'm acquainted with who insists on continually updating his twitter every time United play/score a goal/take a sodding throw in. It drives me up the wall..

Which United? Several teams in the premier and football league use that name.

It has uses for certain people, but the majority of it would be "Eddie is at the grocery store looking at all the types of apples!". Who cares? All of these things are just making people feel far more important than they are. That isn't to say people lead interesting lives, but everyone has very dull moments in their day and they don't need to tell the world about it or think that for some reason people want to know about it. It's all very sad.

Twitter, or what I call it by cleverly changing the vowel is small, tedious and crap. I use facebook as it is useful in keeping in touch with my cousins in New Zealand, my sister etc., but I don't feel the need to tell the world I'm wondering what to have for dinner etc. by using that staus thing. I don't give a crap about that sort of stuff, only tell us if you have met a wizard, got that job you had an interview for something that has any interest or consequence. Aside from Steven Fry, Twitter is for morons who think that people care whether they went for a dump 10 minutes ago.

Interesting... I've never heard of the latter variation of apple. Is it the latin name for a Golden Delicious?

"Malus domestica Court Pendu Plat", I kinda just picked it 'cause it is French and Eddie is ,well, living in France.

Golden Delicious are more like Granny Smiths only sweeter.

Archived