BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs Blackburn Rovers Preview 4pm Sunday 17th May 2009

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vinjay606

Didn't Abramovich have missile detectors installed in one of his superyachts recently?

Never read anywhere else that he owns that many. Thought he only had one.

A thought we won a few years ago. We beat them to secure a european place? Super Robbie Savage scoring?

A could be mistaken though.

We did win the game. It was actually Reid who scored off a Robbie free kick.

Anyway, im going for a 2-1 Chelsea win. I really don't think its going to be a flogging as many of you are predicting though.

Look for Samba to frustrate the hell out of Terry, and Grella to disrupt things in the middle of the park.

I really think Grella holds the key for us in this one.

Now that we are surely safe, I hope the lads use this game to show a new resolve to fair better against the big boys next season. Not that I can see us winning. But the lads really need to take the fight to Chelsea for as long as possible, and concede as few as possible. If that is the case, I will accept a loss by one or two.

The good news is that Chelsea are already guaranteed third place so they have even less to play for than Rovers, who can still move up the league a place or two. We'll still get beat though....

Jack Straw is a bit more than an occasional visitor to Ewood - he has a season ticket in the Blackburn End.

I live even closer than American, halfway between Stamford and Craven Cottage, and like him I will be giving this game a miss due to the outrageous pricing. Kudos to all the fans who make the trip down though, I wish I had the money to spare.

i don't know if anybody else saw, but since the subject was raised, i am convinced i saw jack straw in the background on one particular shot on MOTD last saturday night....don't suppose anyone else saw it? Pedersen was in shot at the time and "Straw" was wearing one of the Rovers benchwarmers...?

i don't know if anybody else saw, but since the subject was raised, i am convinced i saw jack straw in the background on one particular shot on MOTD last saturday night....don't suppose anyone else saw it? Pedersen was in shot at the time and "Straw" was wearing one of the Rovers benchwarmers...?

He was definitely there because I saw him but I can't remember what he was wearing. I was more concerned with having a joke with him about the fact that he had no cash in his wallet.

Id like to see us give Chelsea a game, whilst still keeping it tight at the back.

I think the long throws and corners could cause them problems, especially Cech who has been flapping in recent games. I hope Samba eats Terry alive and I hope Ashley Cole has an accident with a sponsor board.

Anyway id go 4-4-2 and try to keep it tight at 1st, maybe reverting to 4-5-1 when defending with Samba in the midfield area.

Il go 2-1 Chelsea....but I dont expect them to walk all over us like Liverpool did. Suppose it will depend on what results come out of saturdays fixtures.

Until the maths are done and the fat lady sings then this game is still about goal difference. Pick 10 defenders and park them with the bus on the edge of our box and stay there. For those who've been criticising Grella's distribution and long passing ability you might appreciate his 'spoiler' skills as a defensive mid this match. If he brings his A game and Robbos up for it we may even scrape a draw. But thats all theory, no bookies getting my money, 2-0 to Chelsea. Where the hells that fat lady?

sitting in daughter's flat within a stones throw of SBridge. Considering whether to nip over and clingfilm the goals, that way we could get a draw... No doubt Samba will give JT a torrid time, and Drogba will be practicing his diving. Wonder who the ref will be?

long journey back home tomorrow night, then back again Sunday for the match. Hey ho :tu:

sitting in daughter's flat within a stones throw of SBridge. Considering whether to nip over and clingfilm the goals, that way we could get a draw... No doubt Samba will give JT a torrid time, and Drogba will be practicing his diving. Wonder who the ref will be?

long journey back home tomorrow night, then back again Sunday for the match. Hey ho :tu:

Ref's down to be Rob Styles.

Wasn't there a thread not so long ago, where it stated that we haven't lost in the last 17 odd games when Styles has been in charge?

I make it lost 2 in 21.

Archived