BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs Blackburn Rovers Preview 4pm Sunday 17th May 2009

We need Warnock in midfield for his tackling. I guess the team would be something like (unless Dunn, Roberts or Cruz make it back):

--------------------Samba

---Pedersen-----McCarthy--------Diouf

---------Warnock---------Grella

Givet-----Zurab----------Nelsen----Ooijer

-----------------Robinson

We will still get thrashed.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until the maths are done and the fat lady sings then this game is still about goal difference. Pick 10 defenders and park them with the bus on the edge of our box and stay there. For those who've been criticising Grella's distribution and long passing ability you might appreciate his 'spoiler' skills as a defensive mid this match. If he brings his A game and Robbos up for it we may even scrape a draw. But thats all theory, no bookies getting my money, 2-0 to Chelsea. Where the hells that fat lady?

Because that worked against Liverpool and Arsenal? May as well have a bit of a go in this one.

• Backroom

I've only just realised its on Sunday, the good news is we could be safe before we even kick off which would be very nice

• Backroom

Lets hope so Phil, will make an afternoon in front of Sky Sports HD all the more comfortable knowing we aren't still in any danger.

:rover: seeing were safe why not go to chelski and entertian,it matters little wether we defend and lose 4-0,or try and play football and lose 5-0 :brfcsmilie:

What, with no strikers and your mate's signings Andrews and Grella in the side Waggy? :)

:rover: i think lardarse picks julie not ince, as for grella he could play up front,a decoy for samba <_<

:rover: well i never noticed him last week against pompey :unsure:

We won 2-0 though - id prefer not to notice him if them sort of results continue........ :rolleyes:

We won 2-0 though - id prefer not to notice him if them sort of results continue........ :rolleyes:

There's hardly a direct, irrefutable correlation between the two, though, is there?

It's not straightforward cause and effect.

I have a black pen. I have not been attacked by a lion today. Hence my black pen stopped me from being attacked by a lion.

Grella was anonymous. We won the game. Grella's anonymity resulted in us winning the game.

I've maybe come of a bit flippant and annoying here. I haven't meant to! I just don't think Grella is up to much!

There's hardly a direct, irrefutable correlation between the two, though, is there?

I have a black pen. I have not been attacked by a lion today. Hence my black pen stopped me from being attacked by a lion.

Grella was anonymous. We won the game. Grella's anonymity resulted in us winning the game.

I've maybe come of a bit flippant and annoying here. I haven't meant to! I just don't think Grella is up to much!

Grella is a holding midfield player. If the score is 2-0 I'm pretty confident he has done an excellent job. He hasn't much pace but considering his injury ravaged season and the amount of game time he's had in the Premier League compared to some of our more experienced players, I'd say he's doing just fine.

And judging him on whether he can hold of Chelseas midfield... well, you can't be serious?

I go along with that Danlad, hes small and doesnt seem to provide anything as an attacking midfielder plus hes always injured, a coco the clown buy not good.

What's the issue?

I don't rate Grella very highly so I am saying if he can play Essien/Lampard out of the game at the Bridge, I will have to radically re-appraise my opinion.

Anyway, tomorrow is Hiddinck's last game at SB and he hasn't got his Chelsea backroom sinecure yet so we can expect no mercy.

I'm ever the pessimist where Rovers are concerned but I honestly can't see us getting anything tomorrow. Chelsea are going well, it's Hiddinck's last home game and they're sure to want the home season to end on a high. According to my paper Roberts is back next week ( they've been saying that every week for the last month, but still no show ) so we'll soldier on with the Samba/Mc Carthy act up front. I don't like it , especially away from home when we'll be under constant pressure. Samba bust's a gut in the cause but he's just not a ball holding striker. Plus the fact we'll need him at the back to quieten Drogba. At least I hope he'll have added to his knowledge of how to play against strikers by being one himself. Let's just hope by teatime tonight things have gone to plan and we won't need a result at all. We may see some interesting selections if that's the case.

If Essien and Lampard are in Grella's pocket on Sunday, I will be delighted to revise my opinion of him.

No pressure then!

:lol:

I think Grella looked quite good against Pompey and has shown definite signs of "potential" if that's the right word at his age. However I think he still has a lot to prove next season particularly in respect to his injury record and overall match fitness and sharpness.

As for tomorrow's game I'm going down for my sins and am not looking forward to it at all. I expect the usual lie down and get drubbed 4-0 if we're not mathematically safe, and if we are, some players might be rested and god knows what the score will be.

Hope to be proved wrong.

No pressure then!

:lol:

I think Grella looked quite good against Pompey and has shown definite signs of "potential"

You might be surprised, nay astonished, to know that I thought Grella was terrible. :D

Well I never!

Grella is the sort of player you would not notice that much unless he chopped a player if half.

Anyhow I expect us to lose, but I hope it isn't a tonking. I also expect a lot of bookings, and if we win Paul Ince's toilet paper will also be criticising lardarse saying his shirt didn't go with his tie.

Archived