BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea Vs Blackburn Rovers Preview 4pm Sunday 17th May 2009

What's the issue?

I don't rate Grella very highly so I am saying if he can play Essien/Lampard out of the game at the Bridge, I will have to radically re-appraise my opinion.

Anyway, tomorrow is Hiddinck's last game at SB and he hasn't got his Chelsea backroom sinecure yet so we can expect no mercy.

If he plays Essien/Lampard out the game then he will be off to Man Utd!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: i think lardarse picks julie not ince, as for grella he could play up front,a decoy for samba <_<:brfcsmilie:

i wonder who Ince would of played up front, when Roberts and benni got injured maybe his mate Andrews!!!

As for tomorrow would like to see a few of the fringe players given a run out now we are safe.

well anything from this game would be great, as a side note I have a bet with a client of mine ( £1 I know we bet big!) that we will end up higher them Bolton, so its dowm to the last game, he has been given me some hammer for ages so it will be great if we end up higher :rolleyes:

• Backroom
I would have thought Doran, Olsson, Villaneuva and maybe even Blackman get a run out.

Agreed why not, we are safe and although there is money to play for we are likely to come away empty handed anyway. May as well experiment in these games.

chelsea's last home game this season...hiddinks last home game and time to say goodbye..

i see nothing more then a chelsea win-and when this does happen no doubt sam allardyce will again get slated...

i too would like villaneuva to get a chance..but players such as doran, treacy, blackman and olsson-no way..we dont want an embarrasing score line like 7-0 do we...

Our record vs top 4 is awful this season and nothing to lose, but experience to gain. I suppose it depends how much he wants the extra place(s).

My selection would be something like:

Bunn, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Doran, Warnock, Grella, Villaneuva, MGP, Benni

Subs: Robbo, Ooijer, (Youth Def), Andrews, Treacy, Blackman, Diouf

No point sticking Samba up front and going for deep throws against Alex, Terry or Ivanovic. Going with pace and movement in midfield is the way, but also having a strong solid defence.

I would agree that Blackman isn't ready but its a game that doesn't matter, we have no other fit striker and it may aid his personal development, same with Doran.

I might get a bit ripped here but initially I was quite impressed with Olsson but that spurs game and the others before/after it has really looked to have shaken both his and other members of the boards confidence in him.

2-0 to Chelsea methinks although we could do a Middlesborough (8-1 vs Citeh end of last season)!

Lets put this awful season to bed and just go for it :rover:

Disagree with giving players a run out just cos we're now safe. We should be going there with our strongest possible team trying to get something. Finishing as high as possible and securing that bit more cash is essential.

Our record vs top 4 is awful this season and nothing to lose, but experience to gain. I suppose it depends how much he wants the extra place(s).

My selection would be something like:

Bunn, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Doran, Warnock, Grella, Villaneuva, MGP, Benni

Subs: Robbo, Ooijer, (Youth Def), Andrews, Treacy, Blackman, Diouf

No point sticking Samba up front and going for deep throws against Alex, Terry or Ivanovic. Going with pace and movement in midfield is the way, but also having a strong solid defence.

I would agree that Blackman isn't ready but its a game that doesn't matter, we have no other fit striker and it may aid his personal development, same with Doran.

Just a quick question modes. Who in that midfield you selected has pace? I think Tugay is as quick as those 4 you selected, but i agree with you that no point in long throws as Terry, and co will cope easily with that.

Does anyone think if WBA get a point today/mon, we will let them beat us at Ewood so Sam can send his former employees Newcastle down?

Hang on- Nicko has just posted a story that Sam is required to shave £5m off the wage bill this summer.

As things stand right now there is the best part of a £5m swing in prize money available between the highest place Rovers can achieve and the lowest.

The short answer is NO.

The worst way to end a season is with a misrable defeat against poor opposition like WBA. Apart from the money we will lose from finishing a couple of places lower down the league there is also the mood at the end of the season to consider. I'm sure BFS is aware of this and will be going all out to score a few goals and send the crowd away happy.

I don't think he should be sticking players in for the sake of it, like Carlos and Olsson, as they have no future at the club (I hope). If we have any decent youngsters who have a future it's probably worth sticking them on the bench but apart from that I'd go with the strongest team and try and finish with 2 wins.

Who in that midfield you selected has pace?

Not so much as in Bellamy instant and then sustained pace, I meant in terms of passing then bursting into space to get the ball back, or a 1 2 as it is known.

MGP has that ability, Doran is nippy, Warnock showed he could do that against Villa earlier in the season, Villanueva has a bit of pace but in short sharp bursts and Grella is there to mop up.

• Backroom

I know the money is important but I see this as a great chance to give players like Blackman and Doran some experience at the highest level.

No harm in having them on the bench

Archived