BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cod: Modern Warfare 2

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to this. After spending a good deal of my gaming time in 2007 and 2008 on the first Modern Warfare, I never really got into World at War.

I have lost the last 2 years of my life to Call of Duty - and Im looking forward to losing the next one - bring it on!

Can't wait for this game, played Cod MW 1 to death so this will take up a lot of my time from Nov. Just to note that Infinity Ward has dropped the Call Of Duty name from their games (Treyarch will be using it) and set it up as a different franchise, similar to Football manager breaking away from Champ manager. Not a big issue but may be something to look out for if you are trying to search for info on the game etc.

I am loving that the new video has snow in it as we haven't really had any major FPS games based in that environment yet on the ps3. I'm not expecting IW to have changed too much due to the success of the 1st MW game. Neater graphics, new weapons, new story, new maps etc is all that it needs to be a big success. Hopefully there will be plenty of DLC to come out after release similar to what Waw has done.

Lol Cocker mate, I wouldn't consider Lost planet as a major First Person Shooter.

I am also excited about the underwarter aspect and how they are going to make use of it in game? I doubt that it would be used in multiplayer unless they have a siege game mode set up were you have to either defend or over take a ship.

I am also excited about the underwarter aspect and how they are going to make use of it in game? I doubt that it would be used in multiplayer unless they have a siege game mode set up were you have to either defend or over take a ship.

I have been thinking that certainly in the single player there could be a button to press that lets you come out of the water and take a guard under. I say this because in the trailer there is also someone being thrown over the someones shoulder - again a single button press would sort this.

These aspects wouldn't really work online though I guess.

Yeah not sure how they could include it online.

It's been confirmed that there will be vehicles online, so I'm hoping that there is a seperate game list without them as Waw was a nightmare without that option. There will be campaigns in Siberia & Rio, hope tthey include some more middle east maps though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

COD5 WAW was made by the Tyreachy team who are rubbish. COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 are being made by Infinity Ward who are awesome.

Yeah I know. To be fair, I thought WAW was also a top class game, and have no complaints about Teyrach. I just think the world war 2 genre has been done to death now. The modern warfare genra is the way forward for future games.

Yeah I know. To be fair, I thought WAW was also a top class game, and have no complaints about Teyrach. I just think the world war 2 genre has been done to death now. The modern warfare genra is the way forward for future games.

I wouldn´t say that. The Brothers in Arms franchise is actually getting better and better. Hell´s Highway was a fantastic game and left me hopeful for the next one (which will have to be set around Bastogne...).

Call of Duty was always set around big set piece battles and cinematic moments, and they have been through most of the interesting historical bits by now. And most of the visually interesting stuff I think.

I won´t miss CoD games set in WW2 as long as Gearbox keep making excellent BiA titles.

• 2 weeks later...

going to nit pick here but the game isnt COD, its just MW2 (new franchise maybe)

im looking forward to this alot but im also a bit cautious about it, hopefully they will use dedicated servers as i still get the old HEG on nearly every round. still lagg on 60% of games.. still get DLGS even though im using ethernet. as well as the bugs that still plague the game to this date. and dont get me started on the after purchace support from IW, hate to say it but i think /six are doing a better job at fixing socom:confrontation than IW have done in the 18 month of COD4..

still even with all the problems iv wasted 67 days of my life playing the game and still counting

Do you play on xbox or PS3 Daz?

I love Cod 4 but the online issues have become unbearable since going back to it after Waw.

I agree that if they make dedicated servers for it then it will be close to the perfect game. Multiplayer for Cod4 really made online gaming what it is today so I'm sure this will be their main focus for MW2. I can't wait for the details to be released for this.

I love the cod series and hammered them all with a passion , i used to run a server for cod 1 and 2 then untited offensive had clan matches and all that jazz, then warcraft arrived and i thought ill just test this game out out, some 2 years later i decided to go back to the old fps first love and tryout cod 4 , it was so good, it gave a whole new meaning to multiplayer gaming in fps games.

Then some genius gave treyarch a shot at making cod 5 , wasnt even worthy of cod 5 so they gave it the world at war tag , what a mess, it didnt even run right on vista and i still get booted off servers now becaue i run through a router so i decided to go back to cod 4 again again , a much more stable game and better thought out.

To say im looking forward to this one would be the understatement of the year, btw where did medal of honor go :lol:

Just read the write up in the latest PS3 mag. The guy who you played in the pervious game (Soap) will now be your captain (I am not spoiling anything there because you get told that on the first level of the game). They are still keeping tight lipped on Capt Price though

Just read the write up in the latest PS3 mag. The guy who you played in the pervious game (Soap) will now be your captain (I am not spoiling anything there because you get told that on the first level of the game). They are still keeping tight lipped on Capt Price though

I always try to play the single player first but i get sweaty palms thinking of the multiplayer maps, i usually go back to single player after a while of playing online and wonder why i never did the single player first :rolleyes: i thought captain price got killed in 4 :blink:

I always try to play the single player first but i get sweaty palms thinking of the multiplayer maps, i usually go back to single player after a while of playing online and wonder why i never did the single player first :rolleyes: i thought captain price got killed in 4 :blink:

He is still moving when the lights go out (well he moves and then gets cpr) and they (the developers) wont confirm if he is dead

Archived