BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cod: Modern Warfare 2

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to morrisons this morning and they were asking £55 quid. Told them to stick it and bought one from Tesco.

Apparently there was a massive queue outside sainsbuys before it even opened.

It is definitely £25.99 in Morrison's and would have scanned as such. They did only find out the price this morning in fairness to the stores.

It is definitely £25.99 in Morrison's and would have scanned as such. They did only find out the price this morning in fairness to the stores.

Went back in to morrisons later on and there had been a cock up at head office or something. All the games were scanning at 55 quid. They have now been dropped to £25 or something so picked up some copies.

Went back in to morrisons later on and there had been a cock up at head office or something. All the games were scanning at 55 quid. They have now been dropped to £25 or something so picked up some copies.

I'm pretty sure they've made that excuse up - because they were scanning ok at other stores (I work for the company who supplies all the games/dvds/cd's to Morrison's). I've heard that CEX are offering £35 cash trade in for the game at the moment.

I pre-ordered for 45 but went to Sainsbury's in Deepdale for 8 and was massive queue. Total mayhem in there but got a copy for 26 quid. Now ready to send back my 45 quid game to Play.com for full refund. Played the first couple of checkpoints at lunch - excellent!

Played a few levels and...it is a bit over hyped. It is hectic and big but other than that, pretty standard.

Haven´t tried the multiplayer yet though.

Yes it's nothing new, is more of the same and has a silly story but it's very well done and a lot of fun too. As Charlie Brooker said in his review in The Guardian, "it's the Citizen Kane of shooting people in the face" :lol:

• Backroom

Played a few levels and...it is a bit over hyped. It is hectic and big but other than that, pretty standard.

Haven´t tried the multiplayer yet though.

Fully agree with this, picked it up for £26 and not impressed with the single player much.

It's decent but just feels cheap at times, the third or so mission you just seem to get shot from all angles from randomly spawning enemies.

Ah well it seems fun but nothing major. Uncharted 2 is still my GOTY by a long way

Fully agree with this, picked it up for £26 and not impressed with the single player much.

It's decent but just feels cheap at times, the third or so mission you just seem to get shot from all angles from randomly spawning enemies.

Ah well it seems fun but nothing major. Uncharted 2 is still my GOTY by a long way

I don't think they randomly spawn at all - it just gets more difficult with more of them and you have to adopt your style to pick them off one by one. Having said all that I've got about 7 missions in the madness of it is wearing slightly thin and I can't understand for the life of me what's going on plot-wise (and that's not helped by them changing the names of the SAS and US Marines, no doubt because they weren't allowed to use them) so stopping for the evening. Now that's something that couldn't be said of Uncharted 2.

Guest Kamy100

I am about 8 missions into this and the one player mode is mayhem (in a good way). It is frantic pretty much all of the time and lots of enemies coming at you from all directions. I think that the way that the story is represented in this game is poor. I am enjoying it but like others have said it is not as good as Uncharted 2.

A lot of work has been done on online multiplayer which as per COD4 is brilliant, also the special ops (series of special missions that you do with the help of a friend) look interesting, will get into them once I have completed the one player mode.

It's good and certainly the best of the series but don't believe all the hype.

I've played about 10 missions and there's a couple of "wow" moments (the airport scene took me by surprise - very nicely done). Other than that it's frenetic action all the way and immense fun and hard to put down, but I found that with MW1 as well.

Had a quick blast at multiplayer - good fun again - very easy to jump into and I expect the ranking system will keep the junkies going. I killed once and didn't die then I quit so I must be one of only a few with 100% record :)

The single player is short but pretty huge in terms of whats going on etc.

Loving the multiplayer, there are so many things to unlock it's amazing. You get rewards for all sorts and everything you do contributes towards your xp rank up. There is also a final kill cam so everyone can see the last kill that was made to win the game on tdm etc. I got one were I crept up on a guy and fired a whole clip into his nuts lol, it was pretty funny watching it in slow motion.

The single player is short but pretty huge in terms of whats going on etc.

Loving the multiplayer, there are so many things to unlock it's amazing. You get rewards for all sorts and everything you do contributes towards your xp rank up. There is also a final kill cam so everyone can see the last kill that was made to win the game on tdm etc. I got one were I crept up on a guy and fired a whole clip into his nuts lol, it was pretty funny watching it in slow motion.

I played online last night & found i couldn't invite my friends into any games (ps3)I tried private match, co op match & multiplayer games!!! I couldn't join them either as it just came up with an error. Did anyone else find this to be a problem?

Its good now that when someone hosting a game quits the game pauses & re-hosts the game with a different user!

I couldnt connect to the servers this evening so did some more of the single player campaign. Its probably getting overloaded, as all those who couldnt get it on release day will have a copy now.

Online is so much harder when you dont know the maps. Makes me laugh that some people were on the maximum online rank after it had only been released afew hours. Either they got the game early or they havent stopped playing since release day

Archived