BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cod: Modern Warfare 2

Whats that?

i should of worded it better, its actually a playlist. basically a mode is chosen at random (like a map is) from the normal game modes (domination, search and destroy, demo, TDM, FFA, CTF and headquarters) so rather than playing just one game mode you get to play all of them

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was third prestige on PC before I uninstalled the game because of cheaters, then I played it on XBOX for a while and got to lvl 58 ( my son now carries it on, he is currently 68) then I decided to play it on PS3 I am currntly lvl 60 with a healthy 700 kills more than deaths but the game M.A.G has slowed down my progress as its so addictive.

• 1 month later...

Is anybody else having problems accessing the online multiplayer? I can connect to Xbox Live no problem but when I go to the lobby to access a game, I'm left waiting as the search counter goes all the way to 99.9% before starting all over again. I simply can't get into any online play.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Is anybody else having problems accessing the online multiplayer? I can connect to Xbox Live no problem but when I go to the lobby to access a game, I'm left waiting as the search counter goes all the way to 99.9% before starting all over again. I simply can't get into any online play.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Just before you enter a lobby, on the left it should say NAT type:

and then it either says Open, Moderate or Strict.

If it says anything other than open, restart your rooter or just turn it off completely then reboot it after a few seconds.

:tu:

Just before you enter a lobby, on the left it should say NAT type:

and then it either says Open, Moderate or Strict.

If it says anything other than open, restart your rooter or just turn it off completely then reboot it after a few seconds.

:tu:

Are you talking about my wireless hub or something on the Xbox itself?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is an aiming cheat or summing on MW2. Got killed by a sniper the other day and I swear his cross-hairs were no where near centered on me. He was killing people left right and center aswel with super fast aiming which only the top players can do using sniper rifles.

Just 1 level off completing the 1st prestige now.

The set ups I use the most are,

M16 Holographic, Stopping Power Pro Commando Pro

ACP Silencer Cold Blooded Pro Ninja Pro

D2000 (Or whatever 3rd sniper rifle down is) Acog Scope, Stopping Power, Commando Pro

50cal, Thermal, Cold Blooded Pro Steady Aim Pro (Only use on the dark maps where it can be quite hard to see people

Does anyone know if there is an aiming cheat or summing on MW2. Got killed by a sniper the other day and I swear his cross-hairs were no where near centered on me. He was killing people left right and center aswel with super fast aiming which only the top players can do using sniper rifles.

Just 1 level off completing the 1st prestige now.

The set ups I use the most are,

M16 Holographic, Stopping Power Pro Commando Pro

ACP Silencer Cold Blooded Pro Ninja Pro

D2000 (Or whatever 3rd sniper rifle down is) Acog Scope, Stopping Power, Commando Pro

50cal, Thermal, Cold Blooded Pro Steady Aim Pro (Only use on the dark maps where it can be quite hard to see people

It depends on what version you are playing the game on, if you are playing on the pc like I do then you will encounter at least 1 in every 3 games wallhackers or aimbots, if you are playing the console versions there are no cheats as far as I am aware, plenty of people who glitch like crazy though.

• 2 weeks later...

Prestige 4 - Level 34

Kill/Death - 0.88

Win Ratio - 0.73

Accuracy - 17.2%

Favourite Guns - ACR, FAL, MP5, UMP.

Favourite Game Modes - Domination, Sabotage, Headquarters, Capture the Flag.

Favourite Classes:

Cautious:

Assault Rifle

Sleight of Hand or Bling or Scavenger

Stopping Power

Ninja or Steady Aim

Attacking:

Sub-Machine Gun

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando or Ninja

Defence Against Killstreaks:

Heavy Machine Gun/Stinger

Sleight of Hand

Cold Blooded

Ninja

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are people actually still playing MW2?? I binned it in March - couldn't even be arsed to get my first prestige. It's a terrible game in comparison to the first Modern Warfare, and a p1ss-take by Infinity Ward IMO - they obviously thought they had such a captive audience that they could just put out any old tripe.

Do yourselves a favour and get BC2 - it's so much better it's untrue. :)

• 3 weeks later...

How dare you.

CoDMod2 was basically a relaunch of the same game just with different maps and game types. I think that's why so many were disappointed - nothing much changed from the previous version of Modern Warfare.

It is still awesome, no matter what anyone else says.

That is all.

I dare :P

Activision and IW had the chance to take First person shooters to the next level with MW2, just like the did with COD4. after 2 years in development they still churned out a half assed game with a single player you can complete in 6 hours, slightly updated graphics and a couple of maps, that's it..

Actually if I am honest I would of loved MW2 if it wasn't for the lag fest P2P hosting, and the constant "host ended game" and we were given dedicated servers.

Mark, whilst BC2 is a much better game, it begins to get repetitive with all the C4 whores and annoying with the constant spawn camping.

Iv had enough of both of them I've now gone back to SOCOM:Confrontation, whilst the game is far from perfect and it is 3rd person shooter it has much more replay value than both MW2 and BC2 and actually takes some skill to play rather than how much C4 you have or how fast you can run and slash with MLC

It's pretty much the same with any online shoot 'em up. Just camp around, be discreet, work out the maps and you'll soon adapt - it won't get you many kills but it'll improve your kill-death ratio.

Good advice, its pretty even on the PC apart from the hackers but on console some people are really advanced. Also to get yourself more kills while camping use claymores and scavenger, I love it, camping in some rooms, with claymores varying my position in the rooms.

I got my nuke like this, loads of people trying to run underground in Highrise and I got 7 kills without shooting my gun, I set off my harriers, they got 3 on the drop then and a few more, chopper gunner did the rest, nuke with not one bullet shot and my first one too :lol: .

Never managed it again though.

How dare you.

CoDMod2 was basically a relaunch of the same game just with different maps and game types. I think that's why so many were disappointed - nothing much changed from the previous version of Modern Warfare.

It is still awesome, no matter what anyone else says.

That is all.

COD4 was one of the best PS3 games ever, but MW2 is just a lazy rehash seemingly aimed at 10 year olds. I can't believe so many (myself included) fell for the hype.

The maps are much worse than COD4, the guns are pretty much all the same, the lag is ridiculous, the perks and killstreaks totally ruin it (I mean commando - a knife that kills you from 30 yards away?!), heartbeat sensor and akimbo shotguns - wtf? All that happens is you run around, kill 7 people then hide and rely on the killstreaks to get you a nuke. Wowee.

Terrible. Been made into an arcade game for kids.

BC2 is not perfect, but it's streets ahead of MW2 in every way. Never noticed the 'C4 whores' dazmaz referred to, although spawncampers can be annoying in the flag capture mode.

More annoying are the clowns who've moved over from MW2 and are only interested in their 'kill/death ratio' than actually achieving the team objectives. :angry2:

Looking forward to the Vietnam expansion pack though .... :tu:

Like I said... there aren't a lot of team players out there - not just on MW2. This is why I don't go on Xbox Live so often. It's full of self-indulged egoistic losers.

It's so annoying when you see someone run straight past an objective - attacking or defending - cos they might die and worsen their kill/death ratio. There's a game for them - team deathmatch. Now f**k off out of the objective ones!

Rant over!

BTW will you be buying the next COD? It will have to be good to tempt me back from BC2, especially with the Vietnam pack coming out.

• 3 weeks later...

a knife that kills you from 30 yards away?!),

Drives me mental. You've got a guy in your sights, you're filling him full of lead and next thing you know he's on top of you and you're dead.

Personally I think the online play is highly addictive. I only play Team Deathmatch Express and I find it to be hugely satisfying.

MW2's campaign was as fleeting as the first game and I find it slightly irritating that some developers now place the quality and quantity of the extra features above the main parts of their games.

Archived