BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Not A Build Up To The Ashes Thread

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we as English cricket fans have almost suffered as much as our football team with some of the lamentable performacnes we ahve ever witnessed (as wellas some of the good one).

The other night as we got done over by the Dutch, you could hea rthe aussie whinge bags whooping after the diabolical performance against amateurs.

We all saw the look in Ricky gobshite Ponting's eyes as he made comment about the defeat. We all had to suffer the taunts of Warne and co following the massive loss.

Tonight my Aussie friends, the boot is well and truly on the other foot.

Your OUT of the twenty 20 tournament at the first stage whilst England got safely through after despatching the Pakistani team.

Enjoy Leicester Ricky and co, its shithole of the highest order, dirty and manky and jsut right for a whingeing set of aussie moaners who think they have a right to win everything.

Your good there is not a doubt but today you were awful.

Chew on that prisoners :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Q: What do you call an Australian at the World Twenty20 ?

A: A spectator.

Not very good but perhaps our convict chums might like to know 10 interesting facts about the charms of Leicester and its environs where they will be sojourning the next 2 weeks.

1. With a population of 280,000, Leicester is the largest city in the East Midlands and the tenth largest in the country.

2. In 1841 Thomas Cook organised the world's first package tour from Leicester - it went up the road to Loughborough for a temperance meeting.

3. The Hansom Cab (taxi) was invented and produced in the nearby town of Hinckley by Joseph Hansom in 1835.

4. The Leicestershire town of Melton Mowbray is associated with fox hunting. In 1837 hunters marked their success by daubing red paint on the houses - hence the expression 'painting the town red'

5. Melton Mowbray is also world renowned for its crumbly red Leicester cheese. Pork pies and Stilton were first produced in the town.

6. In August 1485 Richard III spent the night before the Battle of Bosworth Field at the Blue Boar Inn in Leicester. It was his last night alive.

7. Radio Leicester was Britain's first local radio station when it began to broadcast in 1967

8. Joseph Merrick, the 'Elephant Man', was born in Leicester in 1862. He died in 1890.

9. Sue Townsend, best known as the author of the book, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾, comes from Leicester.

10. Errr, that's it.

Enjoy :lol:

we as English cricket fans have almost suffered as much as our football team with some of the lamentable performacnes we ahve ever witnessed (as wellas some of the good one).

The other night as we got done over by the Dutch, you could hea rthe aussie whinge bags whooping after the diabolical performance against amateurs.

We all saw the look in Ricky gobshite Ponting's eyes as he made comment about the defeat. We all had to suffer the taunts of Warne and co following the massive loss.

Tonight my Aussie friends, the boot is well and truly on the other foot.

Your OUT of the twenty 20 tournament at the first stage whilst England got safely through after despatching the Pakistani team.

Enjoy Leicester Ricky and co, its shithole of the highest order, dirty and manky and jsut right for a whingeing set of aussie moaners who think they have a right to win everything.

Your good there is not a doubt but today you were awful.

Chew on that prisoners :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well you sure told us, never knew anyone could get so passionate about T20 TBH. maybe it does have it's place after all. It gives the "lessers" an opportunity on the big stage, which reminds me good win over Pakistan.

Q: What do you call an Australian at the World Twenty20 ?

A: A spectator.

Not very good but perhaps our convict chums might like to know 10 interesting facts about the charms of Leicester and its environs where they will be sojourning the next 2 weeks.

1. With a population of 280,000, Leicester is the largest city in the East Midlands and the tenth largest in the country.

2. In 1841 Thomas Cook organised the world's first package tour from Leicester - it went up the road to Loughborough for a temperance meeting.

3. The Hansom Cab (taxi) was invented and produced in the nearby town of Hinckley by Joseph Hansom in 1835.

4. The Leicestershire town of Melton Mowbray is associated with fox hunting. In 1837 hunters marked their success by daubing red paint on the houses - hence the expression 'painting the town red'

5. Melton Mowbray is also world renowned for its crumbly red Leicester cheese. Pork pies and Stilton were first produced in the town.

6. In August 1485 Richard III spent the night before the Battle of Bosworth Field at the Blue Boar Inn in Leicester. It was his last night alive.

7. Radio Leicester was Britain's first local radio station when it began to broadcast in 1967

8. Joseph Merrick, the 'Elephant Man', was born in Leicester in 1862. He died in 1890.

9. Sue Townsend, best known as the author of the book, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾, comes from Leicester.

10. Errr, that's it.

Enjoy :lol:

All them facts about Leicester and not one mention about Gary Lineker.

Let me be the first to offer my sincere commiserations at Australia's unfortunate demise from the ICC World Twenty/20.

Thanks jim. Don't worry, I got over it pretty quickly! :laugh:

Now..when does the real cricket start?

which reminds me good win over Pakistan.

Yes it was rather, good batting, excellent fielding, bowling and for once, captancy and selection. All four of which was sadly missing from Australia's performance. Still with 5 loses on the bounce Australia are becoming T20 minnows.

Still, gloating aside, if England play SL at Trent Bridgr, id be surprised if we got 95

Holy crap, Australia have really ballsed it up, the Sri Lanka game passed me by. I was listening to the game against the Windies on the radio, and it sounded like the bowlers were being utterly smashed by Gayle and the other opener. Especially Brett Lee, who (or should that be whom?) it appears to be trying to emulate Steve Harmison in terms of lost form and ability. If he plays, he may take on the role of Gillespie in 2005, and be pretty useless with the ball.

Which bowlers would be ahead of Brett in the test team anayway? Johnson?

That's what happens when you send your best players home (i.e. Symonds) for not conforming to the schoolboy team management.

Johnson, Siddle and Clarke are all ahead of Lee...at least they should be! Lee probably gets a gig in 20/20 because he can slog a bit.

That's what happens when you send your best players home (i.e. Symonds) for not conforming to the schoolboy team management.

Johnson, Siddle and Clarke are all ahead of Lee...at least they should be! Lee probably gets a gig in 20/20 because he can slog a bit.

You mean Clark right?

Thank god you didn't mention Hilfenhaus

Thanks pg, couldn't remember the other fast bowlers names to be honest. Clark will probably do well, but I've no idea about Siddle or Johnson. Whose been the spinner recently?, as I hear you have had trouble in that department, which makes a nice change. I do hope really Lee starts the Ashes, as he seems to be in terrible form, which must affect the others a bit. And Punter seems to be declining in the art of captaincy too. He was brilliant in the last Ashes, but it seems he is struggling with the replacements for all those legends who have since retired. And Symonds, who seems to cause trouble for himself.

Now the laugh is well and truly on us. Put in our places by a very very good South African side.

Seriously, do you really care?

The laugh is well and truely on cricket for putting up with this form of the game. It's like watching a coin toss. Anyone who watched any of the IPLT20 games would have to agree.

Thanks pg, couldn't remember the other fast bowlers names to be honest. Clark will probably do well, but I've no idea about Siddle or Johnson. Whose been the spinner recently?, as I hear you have had trouble in that department, which makes a nice change. I do hope really Lee starts the Ashes, as he seems to be in terrible form, which must affect the others a bit. And Punter seems to be declining in the art of captaincy too. He was brilliant in the last Ashes, but it seems he is struggling with the replacements for all those legends who have since retired. And Symonds, who seems to cause trouble for himself.

Siddle is a big strong Victorian who has bowled well in his career so far. Johnson is our new #1 fast bowler.

We don't have a spinner.

Ponting captained well against South Africa in South Africa. I think getting rid of the last members of the 'old team' mean that he could lead the new players with more authority.

Neekoy, fully agree. I've been watching the baseball from the states and find it has more intrigue and strategy than 20/20.

pg, fully agree, Siddle/Johnson

After Ponting, there's no strong candidate , as there was Taylor after Border, Waugh after Taylor and Ponting after Taylor.

I am not convinced with Clarke. He's too much into Lara, and I don't mean Brian!

The Aussies are becoming soft, they need to keep their hardnosed attitude and press the opposition to the limit.

Let them come up with an attitude that rocks the Aussies.

Spinner, there's still Warne.

All the Aussies comments on T20 are really quite laughable.

Its a bit of fun, no one ever said it was massively important or as interesting as a test series, but its here and everyone is trying to win it , including the Aussies. Just because your boys are bobbins at it is no reason to sound so condescending.

now if they were any good, we'd never hear the end of it.

Saffer/Indian final for me.

England bowled and fielded excellently yesterday, shame the batsmen decided to take the evening off

Twenty/20 started in England and is extremely popular here. On a warm summer's evening it's a great entertainment for all the family. Kids (and women!) love it.

So because England / Britain invented it (like most things) why am I not surprised at the comments from the disgruntled descendants of the convict class in the antipodes ?

Twenty/20 started in England and is extremely popular here. On a warm summer's evening it's a great entertainment for all the family. Kids (and women!) love it.

So because England / Britain invented it (like most things) why am I not surprised at the comments from the disgruntled descendants of the convict class in the antipodes ?

To be fair Jim, we don't always get it right. Didn't we also invent Australians? :lol:

Archived