BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benitez Vs Everybody

THEY BOUGHT THE TITLE!

Just reviewing the latest rant from Benitez regarding Utd and I think they guy has really lost it, in usual Benitez style, my squad hasn't had enough investment, when you can purchase 20 or 30 mill players you will win the title ect whilst in the same breath naming Giggs and Scholes yet forgetting to mention Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Keane ect.

Liverpool on paper (if you included Keane) have arguably the strongest team depth in the league, in perspective, imagine what Wenger would have done with the squad depth of players Benitez had at his disposal.

Is it time for him to move on? With the psychological damage he has sustained this year how we will he cope when he has not just Utd but a reinvigorated Chelsea and Arsenal to content with?

Liverpool have spent more than United since he arrived, and Liverpool as a club have outspent United since the premier league began. I don't understand why a journalist doesn't pull him up on this. It's bizarre.

Liverpool have spent more than United since he arrived, and Liverpool as a club have outspent United since the premier league began. I don't understand why a journalist doesn't pull him up on this. It's bizarre.

Exactly what I thought. It was only around January time when Fergie actually brought that one up. What is he ranting on about, he's lost it! Its good to see Liverpool fail again. Keep it to that exclusive 4 clubs! ha ha

They rarely do. It's all part of building up the myth of the big clubs and the arse licking is simply currying favour that would be denied should they publish damaging stories. Nicko'll tell you about the way to get on and the way not to in his industry. Playing with a straight bat and an honest approach is not it.

• Backroom

Rafa's first rant in january was amusing... now it's far beyond a joke. He must realise he is making himself out to look like an utter fool. Classless, as well.

I do hate Benitez' conduct... but... this will be their highest Premier League position of all time. And in my lifetime it's the best football I've ever seen them play. Unfortunately for them, his mouth will probably get him into enough trouble to either get sacked or resign :) And it'll be back to square one!

They finished runners up under Houllier one year, and they only played good football for the first few games of the season and the last month or so when they were desperately trying to catch up, most of their season they were average again relying on Gerrard.

I love it when the scousers bottle it.

Haven't got much time for the FSW, you get nowhere by whinging about your main rival, other than getting other fans offside.

Winning the title is the best way to show what you've got, and he's not done that to date.

A Manure supporting mate reckons that Liverpool are going to be better next year, me, I don't think so, particularly if the FSW continues the tirade, and doesn't concentrate soley on winning football matches.

I can't see Liverpool being better next year, they are possibly going to lose Xabi Alonso and still can't find someone to fill both wing back positions even though they signed possibly the hottest defensive talent in Italy from last year in Dossena and they still will rely heavily again on Gerrard and Torres to bring them goals and creativity.

It doesn't look like Rafa is going to be given any money to spend outside of selling first which will only "supposedly" weaken his side and play on his mind again next year.

Rafa has won the CL with someone else's team but has still not exceeded what the much maligned Houllier achieved in the same time frame.

Rafa had better go back to being the doorman at the Phoenix. Liverpool have jizzed their best chance of winning the title away, they're going to have to get new owners in the summer and Man Utd are looking forward to the CL final. Ferguson has shattered Manuel, just like Keegan. However much of a ___ Ferguson is, he is the best manager in Europe, and has been for the past 20 years or so.

The title was there to win, but Rafa didn't want to attack, use Robbie Keane enough, and he now wants to sell their one of their best midfielders. Idiot.

• Backroom
''We do not have that sort of money, so we have to be cute and clever in the market. Then it does not matter if you have money or not.

''When you have a lot of money it is easier because nobody notices your mistakes. For us it is important to find good targets to buy and make ourselves successful.

Oh aye, cos 7M for a 3rd choice left back definately screams 'no money'. :blink:

Benitez = mad as a hatter.

If liverpool are reliant on benitez being clever and cute in the transfer market then it'll be a long time before they win another premiership title.

Also Liverpool's "successful season" in the league has been in part because they have been able to concentrate on that, after being dumped out of the CL a stage earlier than anticipated. Additionally though they've lost gerrard and torres for parts of the season overall they've been fortunate with injuries. If they had 4 or 5 players missing from the squad - like we have had regularly this season - I doubt their finish would have been as good.

A cup run or a few injuries and it could be more tears on mersyside next season.

Benitez = mad as a hatter.

If liverpool are reliant on benitez being clever and cute in the transfer market then it'll be a long time before they win another premiership title.

Also Liverpool's "successful season" in the league has been in part because they have been able to concentrate on that, after being dumped out of the CL a stage earlier than anticipated. Additionally though they've lost gerrard and torres for parts of the season overall they've been fortunate with injuries. If they had 4 or 5 players missing from the squad - like we have had regularly this season - I doubt their finish would have been as good.

A cup run or a few injuries and it could be more tears on mersyside next season.

Gerrard and Torres have only played in roughly 10 games together this season. If they had them 2 fit for the whole season, maybe they could have won the title.

Then again, players staying fit is down to the training methods. Liverpool obviously must have good training methods in order for them not to have that many injuries.

Even when they were conentrating on the CL, in the group stages they were top of the league.

Liverpool have played the better football this season, scoring the most goals as well as providing the best entertainment in games. They fell a bit short this year but no doubt it will help them in many season to come.

Archived