BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Year Of The Experienced Managers

Just as we don't produce home-grown talent any more, we don't produce good coaches.

English managers - where are they?

The ones coming through are long ball chancers, it seems to me. And the "established" crop are hardly top drawer.

English managers - where are they?

The ones coming through are long ball chancers, it seems to me. And the "established" crop are hardly top drawer.

The systems wrong Rover6, they need to serve apprenticeships for a far longer period than a couple of years.

Ince would have been qualified in 3 years, but is that enough time to compete in the strongest league in the world, no.

I've even decided to do a badge in spain, through a friend as it will take longer and I will get more training time if you like. When I first met him he said he'd never met a decent english coach you could talk tactics with, thats a damming verdict on how highly we as coaches are thought of in europe.

Its too easy here, B licence two weeks or so total under an experienced coach in 12/18 months so ten days training then you go away and coach at your club come back for a weekend and then congrats you can now coach in the english leagues. In spain for the same award you get 50 days training and it will take 5 years to coach at the same level La liga.

We are far too insular over here, we don't go abroad looking for new ideas and exchanges of information its bizarre. We have the strongest league in the world we must be the best, but we're one of the worst.

Its a sad state of affairs really, we have the strongest league in the world but its not down too english men, its down to our imports.

If the money ever dries up, our league will fall apart so quickly it would be unreal, they'll all move on and then what are we left with???????

Excellent point. When Hughes was here, we were accused of being "bully boys" and the stereotype stuck for a long time, much to the Rovers fans chagrin.

Not my chagrin. So long as its top half football or, dare I dream, even top 6, I don't care how pretty or ugly it is.

You never know Shhhteve might become a better manager from his time in Holland. Did he get any of these licenses abroad? I'd have thought he'd have got them under Ferguson or when he was Boro manager. I meant younger, less experienced people, be they ex-players, or someone like us. McLaren was already fairly experienced when he moved to Holland.

Didn't find the right thread so I'm posting here.

Is Steve BRuce the new manager at Sunderland?

I think he has been in talks with them but has not yet decided. I wonder what Whelan will think of one of 'the best five managers in the world' when he's ditched them for a second time?

Archived