• Renewing and moving to Darwen End
    • Yes - new season ticket holder
    • Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

Not sure about

Having them this price for the whole summer will allow people to save up until august for one. £10-£15 a week away and they can have an ST

Maybe worth people signing a 'Commitment' form then, which says the will be having one (and ties them in financially), however it doesnt have to be paid for in total until x date? Or alternative you just sign up to direct debit.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard John Williams on 5Live - hope is to increase season ticket holders from 14K to 20K, also commented that the players really appreciated all 4 stands having Rovers fans in and the how he wants Ewood full of blue and white next season.JW gave his usual considered and well spoken responses to the questions.

Defo getting 2 season tickets for the Darwen End! :tu:

Me & the other half have really enjoyed the unreserved seating for the last few games. It`s a brilliant idea.

The pompey game even had a 'mirror image' of the BBE with a bunch of lads standing & singing in the top corner.

We`ll be sitting as close to the singing section as possible on Sunday for the last game.

Maybe next season, like-minded 'vocal' supporters on this website could arrange a gathering in a pre-arranged spot? ;)

Together we can get the place rocking ;):rover:

UP THE BLADES!!

I really hope my dad and I will get one. Great offer and well done Williams! The offer means that we don't have to attend all the games (it's a long way every fortnight to go to them all) but we will still be making a profit and for the first time I WILL BE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!

WAHEY!!!!!!

Reading so many comments on here and other sites, with regard the seating in the D/E.

It has to be a winner, a throw back to the old terraces, when all the chanting supporters congregated to the centre rear of the D/E and B/E before the game.

Surely the same has to be done with the BBELT.

I also think it would get people into the ground sooner, so as to get the seating they want, and getting the ground full of atmosphere before the Ko, just like the good owd days.

Arrived at work this morning to be told by my Rovers mates the new ticket prices......HA!! DONT TAKE THE P1SS was my rather abrupt reposte.

Was handed a copy of the LET and I am still on a high after just arriving home from work,this is simply stunning news!

Its now up to the folk of Blackburn and anyone who has the slightest interest in this famous old club to respond in kind and fill this ground,as before, the club can simply do no more.I'm made up that we will see home fans once again behind both goals for most of the games next season.

I still have my season ticket for the Blackburn End Lower season 93/94 price?.........170.

FEELS SO GOOD :rover:

Quite frankly, if you have the scope to get a season ticket, and you don't, don't consider yourself a Rover. Lots of people have legitimate reasons and responsibilities and that's all very well, but some people, who just like to moan and have a pop at John Williams for whatever reason, get behind Rovers and this jaw-dropping, pant-wetting, ejaculation-inducing, knee-trembling, hum-dinger of an offer!!!!!

BRFC

To be fair though, does anyone else think 20,000 is a little bit optimistic? I'd be thrilled to see 17,000 or 18,000...

I'm out of the country a lot during the week so whilst the family and me have had season tickets for ages we stopped recently because of all the rescheduled mid week games. Still bought the tickets for all the weekend games of course. This initiative is so bold and inspiring we're going to get season tickets again even if we miss a few midweek matches and end up out of pocket a bit - although at those prices that's doubtful :) I think I may have now learned why the wages bill has to be kept under control, probably to fund this offer - which is a good thing - I'm not being sarcy. John Williams and the board have pulled off a master stroke. Don't know if the Trustees needed to be onboard for this decision but if they are then I take back a lot of the stick I've been dishing out recently. I like this offer A LOT.

you've really got to hand it to the rovers, this is an unbelieveable offer.

hopefully the atmos and general feel good factor on match days will be increased. one thing i really hope we guard against is another drummer (we nee to get rid of the current one) and to avoid the ground becoming a 'barmy army inflatable wagging zone'. Let's educate the new fans with some of the older, more traditional and (more importantly) simple chants!

A great move by the club. One question though: why buy at £150 s/t in the Darwen end when for £50 more you can have a s/t for all 19 games?

Fantastic move. Was thinking I may struggle with a S/T especially with the little one on its way however I will definately be renewing.

The only benefit I can see Paul is that the D/E will be un-reserved seating.

Not renewing, off to Uni so can't get to matches. Will still attend when I'm home though.

Depends where you are going. it could still work out cheaper if you are coming home for more than 3 or 4 games to get a season ticket. At 129 for students that's only 4 games at top prices and you will be in profit.

We're getting mocked for it off fans of other teams.

You mean those who are jealous because they get charged far more to watch a similar standard of football are having a go. Bet most wouldn't object if their clubs cut prices. So we can't fill our ground. Nor can most teams that aren't in cities, and even some that are. At least our club is taking positive steps to address the problem.

Archived