BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gigs/festivals

faith no more are playing leeds as well, in the tent, may as well go to that instead

I had no idea that had been announced, thanks for that. That does change things, it will almost certainly be Leeds if I make my decision based on FNM then.

The Glastonbury Main Stage looks pish but there is a lot of good stuff on elsewhere. Where was Animal Collective on your list TGM?! Playing Friday I believe. If you have nothing planned at that point M-K then I couldn't recommend seeing them more.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I will be sure to check out some of those suggestions. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for 'special guests' on the Friday at the other stage. Please be somebody I've heard of / can tolerate!

Hmmm, I will be sure to check out some of those suggestions. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for 'special guests' on the Friday at the other stage. Please be somebody I've heard of / can tolerate!

It's N.E.R.D. I've heard from many sources. There's also wild rumours flying around that Saturday's special guests on Park will be the Libertines....

I had to cancel my Glastonbury tickets as the wife decided that was the week we were going to Menorca.

Big gigs this summer are Oasis at Heaton Park (for the first time since Bolton in 1997!) and U2 at Croke Park and Sheffield.

Probably get to some smaller numbers later in the year - fancy Shed Seven in December as a blast from the past - they were brilliant at V festival last year.

• Backroom

Have tickets booked for Bloodstock in August, proper metal festival with (95%) real metal bands. Used to go to Download, but they generally just bring back the same (poor) bands time after time. There hasn't been a good Download lineup since 06. Add to that the continual increase in pricing and I have no desire to go there.

Quite looking forward to Europe :D

Might invest in a communal gazebo though.

Ack! Don't do it! The scourge of Glastonbury! They clog up the campsites, and nobody ever takes their gazebo home because it's dirt cheap and most likely ruined by the end of the week.

Even worse, though - camping chairs pitched around the main stage. You need to go to the toilet but you've got to pick your way through 200 groups of tossrods who are just sitting there, getting wasted and yelling rah-rah-rah, like they're so much more interesting than anything that's happening on the stage (which half of them have their backs to anyway).

Only noticed it happening over the last few years, since they clamped down on the scousers and pikeys. Maybe I'm just not as mellow as I used to be.

A few alternatives

here

I did "Off The Tracks" last year and it was wonderful. Really friendly and laid back. No security, no 20 minute queues for the bog. I've done Glastonbury in the past, but it's just become too big and bossy, despite Michael Evis' best efforts.

Have a good time whever you go

Cheers

The main line up for Glastonbury looks really boring, except for Blur I wouldn't be bothered about any of them. I understand that all the best stuff there takes place away from main stages, and often doesn't involve music at all, so I guess it's not too much of a problem.

Alternatives are goooodd! :)

just id anyone's been to open'er already I'm wondering what its like. Good atmosphere? Crowd up for it? Good weather? plenty of services (toilets, stalls even restauarants, attractions nearby)?

cheers ;)

Freebie in Manchester this coming weekend.

Feast

Not exactly a festival.........

I'll definitely be at Platt Fields for at least one of the three days it's there, as long as the weather holds out. Went to it last year with quite a few people and set up a barbeque near the lake, it was great. Entertainment wasn't up to much mind, I hope it's a little better this year.

Me and Sibling are off to see The Boss(aka Bruce Springsteen) in Glasgow in July

:rover::tu:

Myself and the good lady will be there as well. I still feel Springsteen is the finest live rock and roll act there has been. I used to enjoy his music but wasn't that interested until my wife persuaded me to go to OT cricket ground a few years back. then I discovered what I'd been missing for 25 years or so. Absolutley awesome. Never miss a UK tour now and we get to see the incredible Nils Lofgren as well - another who I never miss either with the E street band or on his own.

I've to be in Spalding the next day so Lord knows how that is going to work out.

Myself and the good lady will be there as well. I still feel Springsteen is the finest live rock and roll act there has been. I used to enjoy his music but wasn't that interested until my wife persuaded me to go to OT cricket ground a few years back. then I discovered what I'd been missing for 25 years or so. Absolutley awesome. Never miss a UK tour now and we get to see the incredible Nils Lofgren as well - another who I never miss either with the E street band or on his own.

I've to be in Spalding the next day so Lord knows how that is going to work out.

I'll be seeing him for nowt at Glastonbury Paul!

I nearly applied for tickets on the strength of Springsteen being there......then I thought about several days in a tent!!

I must admit I was a bit nervous the first time I went in 2005 (well since the 70s) but in truth it's been fine, especially given that two of those years were some of the wettest ever. But it's been fine - all you need is a good pair if wellies. Mind you it also helps that I get a free ticket through volunteering for WaterAid.

coming up i have Download 09, Green Day and The All American Rejects (one date only at london roundhouse).. went to see Nickelback on the 22/5 . they where seriously good. would have

Archived