BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gigs/festivals

Even worse, though - camping chairs pitched around the main stage. You need to go to the toilet but you've got to pick your way through 200 groups of tossrods who are just sitting there, getting wasted and yelling rah-rah-rah, like they're so much more interesting than anything that's happening on the stage (which half of them have their backs to anyway).

Only noticed it happening over the last few years, since they clamped down on the scousers and pikeys. Maybe I'm just not as mellow as I used to be.

I too am heading to Glastonbury. Not overly impressed by the line up and if it rains it'll take considerably more time to move around stages! Have to also admit to being a camping chair tossrod! Although I/We only ever use them right at the back of the stage fields, and it's a damn sight better than sitting in mud.

Looking forward to the Doves and Kasabian in particular. Already seen the doves this year and will be seeing Kasabian in Cambridge on 7th July - the pitfalls of the late line-up announcement strikes again! If you see a bald guy wandering around in a Rovers shirt - or slumped in a camping chair please say hi!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancied going to T-in the park again, but when we've priced it up, we've managed to book a week in Crete for the same price :wacko:

Going to Heaton Park on Sunday to watch Oasis.

I am going to see Oasis on Sunday at Heaton Park in Manchester. They are supported by The Enemy and Kasabian.

Unfortunately, one of my mates can no longer make it as he is having to have an operation early the following day. His ticket is therefore going spare. Whilst the face value of the ticket is £50, he's prepared to accept a lesser amount for it.

If you would like to buy the ticket or know someone else who does, please either send me a PM or an e-mail to d_side17@yahoo.co.uk as soon as possible letting me know how much you/they would be prepared to pay for it.

Cheers

Well, tonights gig at Heaton Park has been a disaster, with Oasis making two false starts and then waiting 40 minutes for a fix.

They also announced the gig was free due to the aggro.

I was there too! I wonder if we will get our money back?! Would have rather have heard the full set list though really!

Got a few gigs coming up.. Shame my holidays clash with Download mind.

Nine Inch Nails and Janes Addiction in Jul

Pearl Jam in August

Muse in November.

Trying for Thunder in Jul, but in the hands of touts for that one, and fancy doing the Wildhearts in September

Got 2 tickets to see Muse in Oslo, as well as a few to see them in Liverpool with cn174, and 8 of us are going to the Sheffield leg too. Very successful day!

Just got 4 tickets to see them in Dublin (6th Nov)

I must thank you Bellamy11 ;).......i didn`t know they`d released tour dates until i read your post.....which pushed me into action!

I couldn`t get 4 tickets for any of the uk tour, so i tried Dublin & got them!!! Phewwww!! :blink:

Well, tonights gig at Heaton Park has been a disaster, with Oasis making two false starts and then waiting 40 minutes for a fix.

They also announced the gig was free due to the aggro.

What happened Stu?:huh:

I`ve also heard a rumour that The Enemy had upset Oasis by being mis-quoted in an interview, saying "they thought Oasis were irrellevant now". This was said to have enraged Noel & the boys, & they threatened to boot them off the tour. Did The Enemy play at Heaton Park?

I hope they`re still on the bill for Wembley, as i really want to check them out.

What were Kasabian like too? I`ve heard they`re great live ;)

Thursday night was technical hitches (I wasnt there but a friend was).

I went last night and had a great day and night. No mud to speak of, no rain after about 2pm (and by then we were safely in a pub in Prestwich!)

The first two bands were ok but nothing spectacular, The Enemy were very good and Kasabian and Oasis were fantastic. Im not a big fan of Oasis' later work, and having not seen them since 1997 was curious to know what they would be like now. I wasnt disappointed (unlike the 97 gig which I left early as they were rubbish).

Next up - U2 at Croke Park at the end of July and then again in Sheffield in August.

Got tickets last night to see Fleetwood Mac on the Rumours tour. Really, really excited about this one as Fleetwood Mac are the only band I have never seen live that I really want to, plus I was 23 when Rumours was released, enjoying life as a young single person just prior to meeting my now wife, much of the music means a great deal to us. Those were exciting times. Expensive but I can't wait for it.

Also got tickets to see Michael McIntyre the week before. Interesting that he commands £30 / ticket and the Fleetwoods £70 at the same venue, the MEN.

What's this with Ticketmaster charging £2.00 per ticket to send an e-mail? @#/?s.

Also got tickets to see Michael McIntyre the week before. Interesting that he commands £30 / ticket and the Fleetwoods £70 at the same venue, the MEN.

Michael McIntyre is fantastic live Paul, only bettered from the acts Ive seen by a little known chap called Jason Byrne from Dublin.

What's this with Ticketmaster charging £2.00 per ticket to send an e-mail? @#/?s.

Ticket@#/?. Absolutely hate them!

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be seeing him for nowt at Glastonbury Paul!

I hope that was your Rovers flag I just saw flying in front of the Pyramid stage during the CSN set?

Daughter of some friends saw Springsteen play with the Gaslight Anthems a little earlier. She's got it now!

Seeing Springsteen and Dave Matthews Band tonight in Hyde Park. Always a good show by Bruce - can't wait!

Also semi-excited that Jean Beauvoir is opening up (had his album Drums Along the Mohawk when I was a kid).

Archived