BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gigs/festivals

Heading to the Green Man festival in Wales in 3 weeks, I can't bloody wait, so many great bands/acts I want to see.

Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Four Tet, Jarvis Cocker, Camera Obscura, Wilco, British Sea Power, Gang Gang Dance, The Leisure Society...I'm sure I'll discover some great new bands as well.

Has anyone ever been to Green Man before? This'll be my first trip so any tips from experience would be great.

Got back from this last night and it was absolutely amazing, that is how all festivals should be done. The whole vibe/atmosphere is just spot on, I've been put off from returning to the likes of Reading/Leeds etc. for life.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me & six of my mates are going again this year.

Should be a bit special, being the 40th anniversary.

Really pleased to see Slash is playing on the Pyramid stage, also looking forward to seeing U2 & Muse amongst many many others.

Not so keen on Dizzee Rascal & Snoop Dogg though, not really my bag of chips.

Got to start my Glasto fitness program soon, so expect to see we walking around Clayton-Le-Woods with a rucksack full of beer. :rolleyes:

Ian Brown is coming to the Isle of Man which I have tickets for. I know he isnt all that live (I do love his music though) but for someone like that to come here its a must to go and see.

Status Quo were our last big draw

Me & six of my mates are going again this year.

Should be a bit special, being the 40th anniversary.

Really pleased to see Slash is playing on the Pyramid stage, also looking forward to seeing U2 & Muse amongst many many others.

Not so keen on Dizzee Rascal & Snoop Dogg though, not really my bag of chips.

Got to start my Glasto fitness program soon, so expect to see we walking around Clayton-Le-Woods with a rucksack full of beer. :rolleyes:

I'll be there again, doing shifts on the WaterAid latrines in King's Meadow this year. Fewer must see acts for me this year, but that's good as it takes the pressure off rushing round and increases the chances of me finding something new and interesting. The Unthanks, Femi Kuti and Rodgrigo y Gabriela will be highlights for me.

Wonder if one of the TBAs will be Pearl Jam. They are playing Hyde Park that Friday, and at least last year, the headliners at Hyde Park played a different night at Glastonbury.

Glastonbury Line up is out:

http://www.glastonbury-festivals.co.uk/news/the-2010-line-up-is-revealed

Can't wait, anyone else coming?!

Wow, with that lineup I'd probably end up spending half of my time trying to decide who to see.

Going to V festival, should be alright hopefully, looking forward to Kings of Leon, Prodigy and Faithless.

Wonder if one of the TBAs will be Pearl Jam. They are playing Hyde Park that Friday, and at least last year, the headliners at Hyde Park played a different night at Glastonbury.

No.

They have dates booked in Europe over that weekend.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody go to see local tribute bands? Saw a really good tribute band last night `guns or Roses` very,very good indeed and they are playing tonight at `sanctuary` in Burnley if anybody is interested.

Also there is a good local band called `Complete control` do a lot of punk covers as well as more mainstream stuff like Buzzcocks and The Jam etc.very entertaining stuff and highly recommended.

Today and tomorrow witnesses the Darwen live music festival for 2010 with live bands playing at several venues around the town centre and all for free.

Hayseed Dixie were the headline act on the main stage last night, my initial reaction was "who???" ... but they were brilliant - very entertaining and very talented. Great atmosphere around Darwen and in the pubs as well.

Had a bit of a festival weekend this bank holiday, went to Eurocultured in central Manchester then to Dot To Dot last night - if any of you ever get the opportunity to see Beach House play I beg you to do it. Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster finished the night, I'm too old for that kind of stuff and regret being at the front today...although I did enjoy it last night.

Anybody heading to the Park Life festival on 12th June?

• Backroom

May get shot down for this but I went to see lady gaga tonight with the wife, bloody fantasic she made a fan out of me

• 1 year later...

Went to watch the Stranglers last night at 53 degrees club in Preston.Superb venue and an absolutely brilliant gig!They might not be everybody`s cup of tea but i`ve not seen too many bands that are better than these.

I also went last night. Yes they were brilliant although seemed to have a problem with the sound for the first few numbers.

• 1 month later...

Bob Dylan - for me like many others a man who inspired a generation - plays the MEN tonight with Mark Knopfler. The MEN website says Knopfler, who I'm not fussed about seeing, will play the first 90 minutes starting at 7.30pm, Dylan will be on stage around 9.00pm and the show closes at 10.30pm. I reckon there is bound to be 20 minutes of Knopfler/Dylan together at the end which means at best we'll get just on an hour of Dylan.

It's £72.75 a ticket and we decided close to £150 is too much no matter how much we want to see Bob Dylan, especially for perhaps 60-70 minutes. I'm beginning to regret that decision

Did I get old or as the imortal line from Pete Townsend puts it:

"Hope I die before I get old" ............................... - I don't!

Bob Dylan - for me like many others a man who inspired a generation - plays the MEN tonight with Mark Knopfler. The MEN website says Knopfler, who I'm not fussed about seeing, will play the first 90 minutes starting at 7.30pm, Dylan will be on stage around 9.00pm and the show closes at 10.30pm. I reckon there is bound to be 20 minutes of Knopfler/Dylan together at the end which means at best we'll get just on an hour of Dylan.

It's £72.75 a ticket and we decided close to £150 is too much no matter how much we want to see Bob Dylan, especially for perhaps 60-70 minutes. I'm beginning to regret that decision

Did I get old or as the imortal line from Pete Townsend puts it:

"Hope I die before I get old" ............................... - I don't!

Robbing old b**tard! :o

I hope the place is half empty,that`s a ridiculous price to charge!

• Moderation Lead

Going to see The Specials on Friday at Manchester Apollo. Very much looking forward, on the previous subject of ticket prices, this is £40.

I personally put this down to the lack of revenue bands seem to be getting from their actual music sales, so this is reflected in increasing ticket costs.

That said, around 3 years ago, my mate paid £150 to watch The Rolling Stones at the Royal Albert Hall :o

Archived