'You put your transfer in, your transfer out

In out in out and you ###### your club about

You do the Christiano and you change your mind

That's what its all about!!! .....

Ohhh Ronaldo is a w ;) nker

Ohhh Ronaldo is a w ;) nker

Knees bent, arms stetched

Dive! Dive! Dive!'

The minds of football fans do not follow any logical lines whatsoever. Most on here would profess a dislike of MU and in particular their gobshite following, yet when a player drops em in favour of another club and reminds em that they are not the richest club in the world and that OT is obviously NOT the theatre of dreams for all so many on here rush to defend the hated club and diss the player.

'Good on him' is my instinct ..... mind you I'd love to see Real crash and burn too! :)

Personally I think he is a great player and its a shame he is leaving the prem. Yes he is a spoiled brat and yes he moans and cheats.... but he is still top class.

Madrid wont win Europe if they go back to the galatico way!

Personally I think he is a great player and its a shame he is leaving the prem. Yes he is a spoiled brat and yes he moans and cheats.... but he is still top class.

Madrid wont win Europe if they go back to the galatico way!

I'm in agreement with you Hughesy, he is a class act and I wish he was still in the Prem. A lot of the time he was a pleasure to watch.

I'd also rather Man Utd dominated Europe than Real or Barca.

I'm in agreement with you Hughesy, he is a class act and I wish he was still in the Prem. A lot of the time he was a pleasure to watch.

I'd also rather Man Utd dominated Europe than Real or Barca.

Go wash your mouth out with soap!

Brilliant player, but too much of a 'Super Sweet 16' as a person for me to like him. The man is a tart, a metrosexual gay wannabe, a screaming crybaby who cheats. Honestly, he is a Paris Hilton trapped in a mans body, and not the sort I'd really like to go for a night out with. Makes you wonder why all the girls fancy him, as he's more feminine then they will ever be. I thought women generally prefered 'real men' like Sebastien Chabal, Martin Johnson etc. above pretty boys like Ronaldo.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. You always got the impression that the other United players were growing tired of Ronaldo being so selfish.

Interesting take on the whole Ronaldo and Rooney being played out of position. I always thought that Ronaldo was unhappy at being played through the centre and wanted to be played out wide and Rooney vice versa? Surely that was Ferguson's idea?

Rover6,

I'm sorry if you have been upset by any of the content in this thread.

I would however strongly refute any suggestion that the content has been 'homophobic' or that this thread needs to be closed down. It's just been a bit of gentle mickey-taking out of Ronaldo's rather effeminate ways.

Would you not agree that in the picture below, with a pink baseball cap and a pink flower above his ear, Ronaldo does look - ever so slightly - just a touch camp.

If you have a different description of his outfit please let us know.

Ronaldo-280_816669a.jpg

Various newspapers - not just The Daily Mail - have also described Ronaldo's dress sense as being camp. Should the newspapers in this country be shut down and any reference to Cristiano Ronaldo looking camp be banned on the grounds of 'homophobia' ?

Rover6, were you also upset by one of Bob Fleming's previous match previews in which he gently took the mickey out of MGP, with a joke about Pedersen indulging in a gay sex act? Was that homophobic too?

Did you call for Bob Fleming's match preview to be shut down and suggest that the moderators were condoning homophobia by allowing it to stay open? Or is it a case of Pedersen's mickey-taking being acceptable, but any Ronaldo mickey-taking is homophobic? Wouldn't that be a case of double standards if it's okay to make a gay joke about Pedersen, but not to do so in the case of Ronaldo?

Is Jonathan Ross homophobic for having a band on his show called "Four Poofs and a Piano", who he makes gay jokes about? Does that mean that the BBC Governors are homophobic for allowing it? Should we all stop paying for our licence-fee because we are impliedly approving of "homophobia" on the Jonathan Ross show?

Have you written to the BBC to complain about their "homophobia" or is it just on the unofficial Rovers website that you get upset and offended about a gay joke?

As Brainfreeze said:

It was hardly gay and lesbian bashing was it?

Nobody is calling for gays to be rounded up and arrested. Nobody is saying that gay people are nasty and evil and suggesting they should be punished. It's merely been a bit of lighthearted mickey-taking at the end of a horrible season for Rovers, in which largely due to the inept and unqualified Paul Ince taking charge of our club, we were nearly relegated.

This summer it seems that we've barely got two pennies to rub together to improve on a squad which is woefully lacking in quality in most areas. We've got owners who want to sell the club because they are no longer interested in owning it or providing the required levels of funding. We've got a manager who - although he did well to keep a rotten squad up - favours an ugly and unattractive long-ball style which alienates many fans.

Some of our performances last season - especially against teams like Wigan away, Arsenal home and away, and Liverpool away, were disgraceful. So please excuse me Rover6 if for just a week or two in the summer, I ignore the woes of Blackburn Rovers and the painful inadequacies of our squad, and instead choose to comment in a lighthearted manner on the most expensive transfer in the history of world football.

On this thread I could have gone into a big long rant about massive transfer fees destroying the game of football, but I've chosen to take a different angle.

Starting with the opening post on this thread when Brainfreeze posted the YouTube video of Ronaldo looking at a 'bulge' in a United team-mate's shorts, it's clearly been a bit of lighthearted mickey-taking and nothing evil, homophobic or sinister.

I'd politely suggest Rover6 that you become less sensitive about such matters.

Rover6,

I'm sorry if you have been upset by any of the content in this thread.

I would however strongly refute any suggestion that the content has been 'homophobic' or that this thread needs to be closed down. It's just been a bit of gentle mickey-taking out of Ronaldo's rather effeminate ways.

Would you not agree that in the picture below, with a pink baseball cap and a pink flower above his ear, Ronaldo does look - ever so slightly - just a touch camp.

If you have a different description of his outfit please let us know.

Ronaldo-280_816669a.jpg

Various newspapers - not just The Daily Mail - have also described Ronaldo's dress sense as being camp. Should the newspapers in this country be shut down and any reference to Cristiano Ronaldo looking camp be banned on the grounds of 'homophobia' ?

Rover6, were you also upset by one of Bob Fleming's previous match previews in which he gently took the mickey out of MGP, with a joke about Pedersen indulging in a gay sex act? Was that homophobic too?

Did you call for Bob Fleming's match preview to be shut down and suggest that the moderators were condoning homophobia by allowing it to stay open? Or is it a case of Pedersen's mickey-taking being acceptable, but any Ronaldo mickey-taking is homophobic? Wouldn't that be a case of double standards if it's okay to make a gay joke about Pedersen, but not to do so in the case of Ronaldo?

Is Jonathan Ross homophobic for having a band on his show called "Four Poofs and a Piano", who he makes gay jokes about? Does that mean that the BBC Governors are homophobic for allowing it? Should we all stop paying for our licence-fee because we are impliedly approving of "homophobia" on the Jonathan Ross show?

Have you written to the BBC to complain about their "homophobia" or is it just on the unofficial Rovers website that you get upset and offended about a gay joke?

As Brainfreeze said:

Nobody is calling for gays to be rounded up and arrested. Nobody is saying that gay people are nasty and evil and suggesting they should be punished. It's merely been a bit of lighthearted mickey-taking at the end of a horrible season for Rovers, in which largely due to the inept and unqualified Paul Ince taking charge of our club, we were nearly relegated.

This summer it seems that we've barely got two pennies to rub together to improve on a squad which is woefully lacking in quality in most areas. We've got owners who want to sell the club because they are no longer interested in owning it or providing the required levels of funding. We've got a manager who - although he did well to keep a rotten squad up - favours an ugly and unattractive long-ball style which alienates many fans.

Some of our performances last season - especially against teams like Wigan away, Arsenal home and away, and Liverpool away, were disgraceful. So please excuse me Rover6 if for just a week or two in the summer, I ignore the woes of Blackburn Rovers and the painful inadequacies of our squad, and instead choose to comment in a lighthearted manner on the most expensive transfer in the history of world football.

On this thread I could have gone into a big long rant about massive transfer fees destroying the game of football, but I've chosen to take a different angle.

Starting with the opening post on this thread when Brainfreeze posted the YouTube video of Ronaldo looking at a 'bulge' in a United team-mate's shorts, it's clearly been a bit of lighthearted mickey-taking and nothing evil, homophobic or sinister.

I'd politely suggest Rover6 that you become less sensitive about such matters.

Exactly aesf. Cant think why anyone would get so uppity over a bit of mickey taking of someone's dodgy sexuality..... can you? ;)

rover6 ... Grow up. When I were a lad there was absolutely no such thing as homophobia anyway. It didn't exist. It's just a modern invention.

Exactly aesf. Cant think why anyone would get so uppity over a bit of mickey taking of someone's dodgy sexuality..... can you? ;)

rover6 ... Grow up. When I were a lad there was absolutely no such thing as homophobia anyway. It didn't exist. It's just a modern invention.

I'd imagine homosexuality was either illegal or had just been made legal when you were a lad. Maybe you think it was better that way for people of those persuasions...

I don't think the original post was too bad, it's a funny little video but AESF's continual and repeated obsession with Ronaldo's sexuality as if its something that he should be ashamed of is a little worrying. I do think Ronaldo is very possibly gay (sleeping with whichever girl means very little), but he's hardly the only footballer in the closet is he?

Archived