BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are plenty of managers who could keep them up though, Curbishley etc.

They'd really struggle, thing is a lot of these managers including Curbishley built up these teams from the division below and created their own era at the club, so carrying on their own work in the Premier League was easier. Whoever comes in has to choose between trying to replicate one man's style (probably doomed to failure), or trying to impose their own, different style (also probably doomed to failure given the limited abilities of the players and the lack of money to spend).

If Coyle leaves, Burnley are as good as down. I can't think of the last club that had someone leave just after they got promoted to the Premiership.

It can be a good stepping stone. MoN did OK didn't he.

He has to think long term.

Overrated manager repeating his long ball football that he employed at Celtic in the premier league and has now been found out.

I can't see how anyone can be rated by managing in a league where the only serious challenger for domestic silverware is Rangers. The league is an absolute joke.

I think he looked at the Burnley crowd on Monday and noticed how they had 6 fingers on each hand and were complaining about hotdogs being "seven and twelevty pounds". He didn't want to be like Stan Ternant's wife and disappear with the natives shrieking "we didn't burn him!".

Can't wait to see if this goes through who'll be on the bookies list as a replacement.

Overrated manager repeating his long ball football that he employed at Celtic in the premier league and has now been found out.

Rubbish, he went to Celtic on the strength of his Leicester record in the Premier League for one, although he's had money to spend at Villa the signings he's made have been very shrewd and quite a few young players have blossomed under his tutelage. Yes he's ended up finishing 6th again but if you look at where they were before it's still progress.

I think he looked at the Burnley crowd on Monday and noticed how they had 6 fingers on each hand and were complaining about hotdogs being "seven and twelevty pounds". He didn't want to be like Stan Ternant's wife and disappear with the natives shrieking "we didn't burn him!".

LOL - I read in the lancashire telegraph that the parade yesterday was delayed as Coyle's wife was mobbed in Tesco!! Feared the worst!!

Rubbish, he went to Celtic on the strength of his Leicester record in the Premier League for one, although he's had money to spend at Villa the signings he's made have been very shrewd and quite a few young players have blossomed under his tutelage. Yes he's ended up finishing 6th again but if you look at where they were before it's still progress.

Rubbish?

Watch Villa this season they are a kick and rush team with Big John Carew, Heskey and Agbonlawhore. They rely totally on the counter attack, teams realised this and thats why they had such a rubbish run of form for the last 15+ games.

He employed a similar style at Celtic with Hartson and Sutton.

The guy is overated and was picked on his success at Celtic, a league which is probably the same level as the championship.

Owen Coyle has NOT asked to speak to Celtic...straightforward...how Sky can run that when it is so far wrong is beyond me. But it doesn't surprise me. Shocking.

As for what has actually happened on this one today.

Set your watches.

Archived