BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Shopping List

In order of priority

- A quality attacking central midfield.

- A main target man striker (if Santa Cruz leaves).

- A right-back.

- Another central midfielder.

- A winger with pace.

- A pacey striker (if Derbyshire leaves).

- And another central midfelder.

Mod Edit:

Discuss Blackburn Rovers Related Transfer Gossip Here.

Only add a post if you think it will add substance to the debate, hopefully this will increase the readability of the topic.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- A quality attacking central midfield.------Aimar,Emana,Hazzard(belgian kid),

- A main target man striker (if Santa Cruz leaves).-------Dzeko,Crouch,Janko.Samaras??

- A right-back---------Seitardis,Zuiverloon,Hoyte,Finnan.

- Another central midfielder-------Barton,Davis,Ferguson,M'Bia,Emerson.

- A winger with pace--------AVM, Pennant, Duff(maybe not so much pace any more)

- A pacey striker (if Derbyshire leaves)--------Cisse,Sturridge,Alves, Bojinov

- And another central midfelder-------no need for another.

players we need to look at-

Huddlestone - perfect replacement for Tugay

Emana - powerfull all action midfileder

Bent - he has pace and can finish would be a great player for rovers

Hazzard - this kid has loads of skill and pace which Carlos didn't have

Tuncay - looks like a top player he brings something different which we dont have

All we have to do is find the £25 million to buy these players :lol:

Guest benmaxwell
- A main target man striker (if Santa Cruz leaves).-------Samaras??

- A right-back---------Finnan.

- Another central midfielder-------Barton,Ferguson,Emerson.

- A winger with pace--------Pennant,Duff

- A pacey striker (if Derbyshire leaves)--------Cisse,Alves

- And another central midfelder-------no need for another.

No thanks to all the above.

Samaras is overated, has had the chance at this level and failed badly...

Finnan is badly injury prone and would be on big wages

Pennant is a one trick poney and i would rather have Bentley back...

Duff is always injured and whenever he is fit, he so slooooooooooooooooow!

Cisse is to inconsistent and i think very overated... Alves even more so... Overated, not worth a fifth of what Boro paid for him...

We definately need 2-3 CM's this summer. Lets not forget we are replacing Mokoena, Tugay and Carlos...

No thanks to all the above.

Samaras is overated, has had the chance at this level and failed badly...

Finnan is badly injury prone and would be on big wages

Pennant is a one trick poney and i would rather have Bentley back...

Duff is always injured and whenever he is fit, he so slooooooooooooooooow!

Cisse is to inconsistent and i think very overated... Alves even more so... Overated, not worth a fifth of what Boro paid for him...

We definately need 2-3 CM's this summer. Lets not forget we are replacing Mokoena, Tugay and Carlos...

I wouldn't want Finnan eiher, just think we will look at him. Samaras I just suggested because his ability to play as a target man and still is a reasonable age. I've always rated him personally.

Pennant is free, Bentley would not be, I would also prefer Bentley in an ideal world. We do need pace though!

Alves for under 3million?? Poor season but a serial goalscorer. Cisse tailed off a little at the end of the season, but was scary good at the start of the season and again is fast as (Please don't use that word again)!

2 new midfielders,Grella,Andrews,Reid,Dunn,Emerton, if Sam is gonna reduce the squad then why do we need anymore than 2 new midfielders?

I forgot to mention Bent, he would be a terrific signing that would certainly excite the fans.

I was in support of the first rumors behind a Huddlestone bid. Can't say I would mind him on our side.

He's slow, slow, slow man. If he can't make it at spuds he's no chance with a classier club like Rovers, he'd be like a fish out of water. The pies would kill him off and he'd need a gastric band to achieve his fighting weight. Too expensive, too overweight and too SLOW. Apart from that he's OK though :blink:

Huddlestone is a lump, he may well be a lovely passer of the ball but the rest of his game doesn't really stand out.

Tuncay - Good player and we should take him if we can.

Hazard - Is being watched by most of the top clubs in Europe, it just not realistic is it.

Midfield - A player like Kim Kallstrom would be great but i doubt we could get him from Lyon. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lee Cattermole coming in, he would certainly add some steel to our midfield and he is good on the ball, keeps everything nice and simple.

Gunnarsson from Coventry. Talented. Caused us as many problems as any player has this season (although thats not saying too much i know).

At 19 he is worth a go. Very highly rated and being monitored by other premiership clubs. Coventry are always willing to do business.

I love it when people suddenly start supporting signings they have never seen play. How many of you have actually seen Hazard play?

How many people on here actually "scout" good players on Football Manager (or whatever it's called) and then look the players up and suggest them as targets? Go on, own up - who's done that? If somebody doesn't own up then everyone will stay behind :rolleyes:

How many people on here actually "scout" good players on Football Manager (or whatever it's called) and then look the players up and suggest them as targets? Go on, own up - who's done that? If somebody doesn't own up then everyone will stay behind :rolleyes:

I don't because I haven't got football manager! I leave most of the speculation to those who enjoy it...

David Moyes uses it as a scouting tool.

Huddlestone is a lump, he may well be a lovely passer of the ball but the rest of his game doesn't really stand out.

Tuncay - Good player and we should take him if we can.

Hazard - Is being watched by most of the top clubs in Europe, it just not realistic is it.

Midfield - A player like Kim Kallstrom would be great but i doubt we could get him from Lyon. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lee Cattermole coming in, he would certainly add some steel to our midfield and he is good on the ball, keeps everything nice and simple.

We should have moved for Cattermole last season, we'd have got him at a good price then. Trouble is we had a dip stick running the club who went out and spent a lot more on an older , injury prone, un -proven in this league player.

As far as the whole Football Manager debate goes, Moyes does use it, but he uses it correctly. He doesn't base his whole decisions on FM, but rather uses it as a basis. FM breaks everything down into easy to digest figures and stats. From that point of view, it is good to use to get an idea of a player.

Everton paid £30K for the database, before the games release, quite a number of clubs do it.

Considering the amount of time Sports Interactive put into getting the player data it is a valuable resource. Why bother sending your scouts out and about randomly, when you can target certain teams and younger players who are "rated" on the database. If you see them and they are rubbish then you have lost nothing.

Considering the amount of time Sports Interactive put into getting the player data it is a valuable resource. Why bother sending your scouts out and about randomly, when you can target certain teams and younger players who are "rated" on the database. If you see them and they are rubbish then you have lost nothing.

I assume thats what they do.

They are generally pretty good at getting the next young hopeful's into the game. The only real issue is that most of the scouting is done by fans which can create bias when reporting ability. Its got its place.

Archived