BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Blackburn Rovers are set to snap up Greek starlet Nikos Giannakopoulos.

The 16-year-old goalkeeper spent time on trial with Rovers last week.

He impressed and Rovers are now ready to finalise a deal with his club Asteras Tripolis.

"As far as I know, some details remain for my transfer to Blackburn, I would say only the signatures," he told Greek radio Sport-FM.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5349225,00.html

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last season there were no slots to worry about as West Brom, Hull and Stoke were all going back down...

It's that sort of thinking that saw us get Paul Ince in...

Exactly. Hull and Burnley may look vulnerable, but it is not a written conclusion that they'll go down. Hull and Stoke both stayed up this season and Stoke actually came higher than us, proving that nothing is a formality and you can't write anyone off as relegated before the season has even started.

Wolves have abandoned plans to sign Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone after being quoted £8m for the 22-year-old.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Id say we should do business on RSC in a straight swap with Bent & Huddlestone

I say Bent and Dos Santos :)

• Backroom
No Thanks!!

The guy couldn't make an impression in a poor Ipswich team, he was useless with Spurs, and the reason why Barca let him go. If I remember correctly, he was dubbed as the new Ronaldinho!

Very horrible judgement!

The only horrible judgement is yours, you clearly never watched him play for Ipswich. He scored 4 in 8 and was a class above every other player on the field every time I watched him. Definately a talent.

Guest benmaxwell

For me, if it's a double swap with 2 Spurs players coming our way, it has to be Bent (naled on defo) and either Huddlestone or Bentley...

There has to be something wrong with Saviola as he's been offered around last 5 summers, but no permanent takers, just the loan spells with Monaco and Sevilla. Probably ridicilous wages.

Which is why IMO, he is a Sam type signing, real signed him on a free. As you say wages would be a big issue.

I don't think theres any shame in signing a player not good enough for Barca.

And look at Bentley etc, with the stupid competition and high expectations it is no wonder players don't flourish at Spurs. Many talented players have suffered as a result of joining Spurs.

• Backroom
I don't think theres any shame in signing a player not good enough for Barca.

And look at Bentley etc, with the stupid competition and high expectations it is no wonder players don't flourish at Spurs. Many talented players have suffered as a result of joining Spurs.

Agreed. Anybody who doesn't think Dos Santos is talented clearly hasn't watched him play. I'd have him here in a second.

Let him go? On loan? Maybe they sent him to Ipswich to toughen up? Ever heard of that tactic being used before?

:wstu:

Did you not see the games he played in the PL? He was rubbish! You say he's destined for a Big Club, why the hell would Barca sell him then if he was that good?

He's just another player that had the hype.

• Backroom
Did you not see the games he played in the PL? He was rubbish! You say he's destined for a Big Club, why the hell would Barca sell him then if he was that good?

He's just another player that had the hype.

You are aware he's only 20 years old? Bit harsh to make that assessment of him. During the time he was in the Spurs side they were all terrible, he was hardly the only one. With the amount of talent Spurs have, it's no surprise he found it difficult to get into the squad as the season wore on. I imagine he was sent to ipswich to allow him to adapt to the physical side of the game.

I saw him play 4 times for Ipswich and every time he was by far the best player on the field. Dangerous, incisive, pacey and an eye for goal. Far better than most of the players that we've been linked with so far. Once he adapts to the physical side of the English game he'll be one of the best talents around.

Saying that, I can't see a loan deal between spurs and ourselves for him, and I think his wages may be quite high in the event of a player exchange deal. Much as I would like to see him here i don't see it happening.

The only horrible judgement is yours, you clearly never watched him play for Ipswich. He scored 4 in 8 and was a class above every other player on the field every time I watched him. Definately a talent.

Its a bit of a false impression you're giving there considering that three of those four goals were penalties. Dos Santos would be a bit of gamble to be taking and a player who I reckon would disappear when times got tough.

You are aware he's only 20 years old? Bit harsh to make that assessment of him. During the time he was in the Spurs side they were all terrible, he was hardly the only one. With the amount of talent Spurs have, it's no surprise he found it difficult to get into the squad as the season wore on. I imagine he was sent to ipswich to allow him to adapt to the physical side of the game.

I saw him play 4 times for Ipswich and every time he was by far the best player on the field. Dangerous, incisive, pacey and an eye for goal. Far better than most of the players that we've been linked with so far. Once he adapts to the physical side of the English game he'll be one of the best talents around.

Saying that, I can't see a loan deal between spurs and ourselves for him, and I think his wages may be quite high in the event of a player exchange deal. Much as I would like to see him here i don't see it happening.

Same could have been said about Villanueva, and, if he is so good, why didn't Barcelona loan him out to Spurs instead of a permanent deal? I'm sure he would've toughened up?

Just in the same way Barca want to loan out Bojan.

• Backroom

So you think just because he's not good enough for Barca, he's not good enough for us? Barca's squad is large and immensely talented, it's no shame on him that he couldn't break into it. Bentley wasn't good enough for Arsenal, and look how he turned out here.

Archived