BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I was thinking that myself.

He's been very decent on loan, but Samba for me has to start in defense when everyone is fully fit so that leaves just one centre back position open in a 4-4-2 formation. Nelsen has been superb since Sam has come in, back to his best and he is a proven leader on the pitch.

Its going to be interesting to see what Sam does and whether or not he can keep everyone happy.

You forget the fact that samba was utter trollop most of this season along with nelsen.

IF givet signs he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet, he is the best defender we have.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good news if true, though i'm struggling to see where he will play next season especially if its true that Warnock is staying. Perhaps we are going to play five at the back?

Depends who we sign but I imagine Warnock will get a chance in midfield again. He scored a few goals, shows great energy, very similar to Savage in many ways. Certainly better - or at least does more in terms of helping to win games - than any of our "proper" midfielders which is a bit of a joke to be honest!

I would imagine we will sign at least one dedicated midfielder as well, but Warnock will give us options at left back, central midfield and left midfield. Emerton is the same on the right side. That sort of flexibility allows a smaller squad to go a lot futher.

For example we can probably trim the midfield to seven players (Pedersen, Diouf, Dunn, Grella, Andrews, + 2 new signings. Reid cannot be viewed as anything other than a bonus) knowing we have two players who are nominally full back can play in midfield.

Vogel and Mokoena will not need to be "replaced", but Carlos will.

You forget the fact that samba was utter trollop most of this season along with nelsen.

IF givet signs he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet, he is the best defender we have.

Eh, what are you going on about? Samba had a couple of bad games near the start but has generally been amongst our best players all season. We played a very stretched game under Ince with little protection for the back four under Ince.

Your right about Nelsen though. Pretty porr until the last 8 games or so. Still think Givet will predominantly play left back though.

As I said in Autumn the defence did not suddenly become poor it's just that Ince's tactics left them too exposed. The reason for that has been already given by Nelsen. When SA came the first thing he did was instruct the rest of the team to protect the defence by getting 'goal side' when the opposition are on the attack. The goals conceded fell dramatically once the other idiot was sacked and we got a proper manager.

WAS a massive prospect but isn't. Francis Jeffers was meant to be the next Ruud Van Nistelrooy what happened to him?

Barcelona sold Ronaldinho, and if he was a massive prospect, they would have kept him as his replacement, but they didn't.

As for Spurs, it's the special players that make the difference in a team, look a Ronaldo, Berbatov, Torres. He ain't made no difference as of yet. Henry had the potential, in his first season at Arsenal, he was no where near as poor as Santos has been.

Like I said, he's similar to Villanueva, both of them won't make it in the PL. You saw how well Carlos played VS Grimsby and then how he played VS Chelsea. Big step up in quality, and one none of them are capable of taking.

Barcelona sold him for upwards of £8 million with a 20% clause attached to him.

I think you'll find that Dos Santos was sold first and then Ronaldinho.

So you have a front line of Henry, Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o, Bojan, Gudjohnsen and Dos Santos, it is no disgrace not to get into the first 11 for them.

Henry played 17 games in his first season scoring 10 league goals, interestinlgy enough he failed to score in his first 8 games- that is the total number of games played by Dos Santos.

I can guarrantee one thing, if not England, then one of the top leagues but Dos Santos will be a top player, he has too much quality not to.

Whilst I like Nelsen and think that he's vastly improved, the thought of a Givet and Samba partnership does seem pretty strong. As for central midfield - how about a look at Lewis McGugan of Notts Forrest? The boys a top talent and although he may not be an immediate starter if he did come, with his eye for a pass could be the long-term replacement for Tugay.

As I said in Autumn the defence did not suddenly become poor it's just that Ince's tactics left them too exposed. The reason for that has been already given by Nelsen. When SA came the first thing he did was instruct the rest of the team to protect the defence by getting 'goal side' when the opposition are on the attack. The goals conceded fell dramatically once the other idiot was sacked and we got a proper manager.

Our defence also improved tenfold when givet came in. I really can't see how samba or nelsen should start infront on him at centre back.

here's a thought...rsc + 5million to spurs...pavleychenko coming to ewood to team up with a couple of compatriots from the russian and ukrainian leagues. harry has some money to spend and rovers have a gifted striker...here's hoping.

here's a thought...rsc + 5million to spurs...pavleychenko coming to ewood to team up with a couple of compatriots from the russian and ukrainian leagues. harry has some money to spend and rovers have a gifted striker...here's hoping.

and leave everyone scratching their head thinking why have Rovers given Spurs 5million and a better player than their getting! :wacko:

pavleychenko is a superior player to rsc. he does everything roque does except fade out of games and is not as injury prone. anyway add another 5 million and rovers could probably get huddlestone or bentley to join them. but rovers would be adding much to the wage bill.

If it was RVN and we had dropped our interest wouldnt of Nicko came on here and told us ?

Im not saying this is the one Nickos been on about but thought it sounded similar............RVN is still capable

at playing at the highest level so it was Very unlikely anyway!

Archived