BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

Anyone going anywhere nice?

My mum and the old man have set off for 10 days in Cyprus today, I can't wait to go away.

I've got my mates stag doo in Ireland a week friday for a messy weekend in Waterford and then either going back to Amsterdam for a week or the Ibiza end of season parties in September.

Got another stag doo with my sisters fiancee in the Autumn which I believe is Latvia tbc and hopefully if I can save enough, I hope Nov/Dec time to visit some relatives in Brazil and do some traveling around South America with Columbia high on the list, maybe go searching for Escobar's loot in the jungle.

Lanzarote and Costa Teguise for me in July, last holiday with our eldest :rolleyes:

In sept/Oct gotta couple of days planned in the Smoke.

Feb 10 sees me and the wife flit off to the Caibbean, probably Mexico or Jamaica for 2 weeks.

Going to Hong Kong in 3 weeks, Germany in 5 weeks and South Africa for the Cricket at Christmas

Probably go preseason as well, esp if its somewhere nice and/or theres an Ireland trip.

• Backroom

Went on our honeymoon in march so nowhere else this year although I have Florida booked for next september to start looking forward to.

Gotta love me some DisneyWorld.

Anyone going anywhere nice?

I'm off to Egypt mid July. It's worked out the same as Blackburn holiday's, not intentially but just so I don't miss the beginning of the season.

That's it for this year, I'll be going back to 2 holidays a year next year though. one back in Egypt and the other possibly Costa Teguise.

Was considering booking Kenya for next year too, anyone been?

Yeah I worked in an orphanage there a couple of summers back and did some travelling too. Great place to visit, the safaris are immense, some fantastic beaches and the people are some of the most friendly you'll come across. Spend as little time as possible in Nairobi, although the National Park and Carnivore Restaurant are worth a trip.

Going to SE Asia for a month in July, probably Mexico for 2-3 weeks in November and maybe India for a week just after Christmas.

Yeah I worked in an orphanage there a couple of summers back and did some travelling too. Great place to visit, the safaris are immense, some fantastic beaches and the people are some of the most friendly you'll come across. Spend as little time as possible in Nairobi, although the National Park and Carnivore Restaurant are worth a trip.

Yeah the holiday we were looking at was all inclusive but on the edge of a safari place - was a bargain price too. The pics we saw looked immense, and you had nature like Monkeys playing on your balcony.

It did however show the beach and it seemed to have a lot of traders on there, who according to reports do beg a lot?!

We were really considering it, but just wasn’t too sure how safe it would be for a young couple (both 25)?

Cycling in Sweden and Finland .Any other cyclists on the forum?

Hopefully LEJOG sometime in late June / early July when I can find ten days without work.

Then Croatia or Corsica with the family in August

Yeah the holiday we were looking at was all inclusive but on the edge of a safari place - was a bargain price too. The pics we saw looked immense, and you had nature like Monkeys playing on your balcony.

It did however show the beach and it seemed to have a lot of traders on there, who according to reports do beg a lot?!

We were really considering it, but just wasn’t too sure how safe it would be for a young couple (both 25)?

Have you been away to developing countries much before? Most beaches in those countries have traders and people selling stuff, but most of them aren't beggars since they're actually making stuff to earn a living and most of these are perfectly polite although you might have the odd pushy one. You'll have the odd one begging but again they're in the minority.

Going on safari too is an absolutely brilliant experience, poking your head out of the sunroof as the wind rushes onto your face and you can see plains and animals for miles around...something you'll never forget that's for sure.

Just found out a pretty decent deal from Vodaphone if you're going away. Between 1st June and 31st August they have done away with roaming charges for most countries in Europe + Australia and New Zealand. If you are already on Vodaphone you can opt into it, if not you can just get a PAYG sim.

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Port...;pageID=OS_0099

Erm, I thought that is what they'd got rid of!

This is because we've abolished our normal 75p roaming charge – which is what you usually pay to connect a call to the UK with Vodafone Passport.

Archived