BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not read it? They have taken the dodgy connection into account and so for the first 5 minutes any disconnect will go unpunished. If your connection is a mess then you shouldn't be playing online anyway because it doesn't only spoil it for the person your playing but I cant imagine that its any joy for you either.

On my connection with fifa this year I have been able to join 100% of the games I have played online so far (unlike other years) Like you I have put it into the DMZ.

thats the thing there noting wrong with my connection, hell i can connect to everyone fine on tiger woods 10, BFBC, MW2, SOCOM and fifa clubs and custom lobbies and not have any problems at all, its just when i click quick ranked (or what ever it is) and concidering i dont really want to play vs the people who troll the custom games 24/7 with 100,000 points i have to lose out

EDIT: and yea UT10 is due out at the end of this month

I still play this game online alot - however in the quick ranked games....i always seem to get someone with a poor quality connection...anyone else have the same problem?

Didnt there used to be a setting where you could change your online settings to only face people with good connections!?

I'm stuck on lvl 23 as my ranked online level. Some people seem to set their team up which doesn't give me a chance and I get humped - they don't seem any better at the game than me their players just seem to be in space all the time. I currently play a high pressure custom tactic, with my team set to ultra defensive (as I've heard that's the easiest way to play). Anyone who's above me level wise got any tips for how I should set up my team? I don't want to fart on with formations but a good idea for a custom tactic (pressure, passing, crossing settings etc) would be most welcome.

Thanks

I'm stuck on lvl 23 as my ranked online level. Some people seem to set their team up which doesn't give me a chance and I get humped - they don't seem any better at the game than me their players just seem to be in space all the time. I currently play a high pressure custom tactic, with my team set to ultra defensive (as I've heard that's the easiest way to play). Anyone who's above me level wise got any tips for how I should set up my team? I don't want to fart on with formations but a good idea for a custom tactic (pressure, passing, crossing settings etc) would be most welcome.

Thanks

Im on level 32, won about 65% of my games, so not brilliant. But i dont use a custom tactic. I try to use a team with a big man up front, someone strong who can hold the ball and bring others into the game. if you go 1-0 up, try setting yourself to ultra defensive, and change to a defensive formation as this will allow you to keep hold of the ball a lot easier, but you will still be able to create chances with the big man up front. Long short can be useful, I like to play a right footed winger on the left, and vice-versa. This helps when you cut inside, and can make finesse shots a lot easier to score.

If i was setting a custom formation up, I think I would play a sweeper in behind my back 4. It will stop a lot of the through balls that catch me out. Obviously this would leave me bare going forward, so I havnt made a custom formation yet

i play a 5-2-3. sweeper in the defence (to help prevent cut backs) the 2 are attacting mids. it actually works really well as you have all that fire power yet still have alot of cover in defence and packs your penalty box with players making it hard for the other guy to get a shot off.

never play high pressure, your defence pushes up too high and you mid/strikers dont move into much space. set it too low pressure, your players will move into the space allowing you to move the ball around more and work a opening. also helps stop the through balls. at kick off leave your mentality as balanced if you have it, if the other player has it set it too defence. once you go 1 up (as someone already said) set yourself as ultra defence. you wont push as many players up thus reducing the risk of any counter attack

also when defending dont hold X or circle (*a or B) as the player your controling will get put off his stride, if you do press X do so to put pressure on the player on the ball (hold L2 and X or *LT and A) that way if the player with the ball tries to skin you or do a little trick your more likely to come away with the ball. and when switiching players (defending) hold the anologe stick in the direction the player is running (again so you dont throw him off his stride)

sorry about the wall of text, i did what i could to space it out

• 2 weeks later...

Scrap that - just checked 400MS points or £3.99 on the PSN - half the price of last years!

Apparently they have re-worked the chemistry element so that could be interesting and there are over 7500 players to choose from!

So the new ultimate team is only £3.99? Bargain

Is it out today then?

Ive not played much fifa in recent months. Fifa online seem to have so many dikheads that play it. About half the games I play seem to be against morons who either keep the ball with their keeper and full back all game or just quit. Cant be arsed after a while.

Guest Kamy100

Have the EA servers crashed yet?

Good price for it though. Although it is still retarted that people can buy packs of cards, so people just build up super teams, surely the point of this is to build a team slowly by earning coins. Was reading that you can filter to play games against teams with certain star ratings (eg 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 stars) which is good.

Be careful when you download it...I went to PSN and downloaded the 1st one, along with the trial bit - for £3.99 - downloaded and then when I opened it, it was in Italian! Not impresses as it didnt give a language on PSN so iv been scammed their :angry2:

Be careful when you download it...I went to PSN and downloaded the 1st one, along with the trial bit - for £3.99 - downloaded and then when I opened it, it was in Italian! Not impresses as it didnt give a language on PSN so iv been scammed their :angry2:

ring sony in the moring

Archived