BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is going to be Ultimate Team 2, which not surprisingly will be paid DLC, as Ultimate Team for FIFA 09 was the most successful DLC ever.

Typical - knew they would charge seperate for it. Any ideas how many people bought it last time?

I hope the next version has alot more players to choose from in and that they add other new bits into it. It would be good to have the option to play your mates teams.

Official figures were never released but the numbers must have been huge if it beat GTA DLC on the 360. People buying these type of DLC in huge numbers just encourages companies to hold features back and offer them as paid DLC.

Official figures were never released but the numbers must have been huge if it beat GTA DLC on the 360. People buying these type of DLC in huge numbers just encourages companies to hold features back and offer them as paid DLC.

Not to mention the number of people that must have bought some card packs for MS points, although I think they we're taking the p*** a bit there!

Still I won't slate them for charging for UT2 - if it's good value for money (which UT1 was) then I'm more than happy to cough up a bit extra.

Can't wait for the full game to come out - I agree with most of the views on the demo on here, and I was relieved to hear that the goalkeepers aren't the finished article yet. I chipped their keeper a couple of times and was disappointed to note that they didn't run back and attempt to scoop the ball out like they said they would.

Quick free kicks are a massive plus as well - the CPU caught me out a few times at first!

I cant wait for the custom free-kicks. Anyone got any good ideas ready to implement?

Il be trying the argentina free-kick (think it was) - where they fake to shoot, but just slip the man on the end of the wall through on goal.

Really hope they add some new celebrations & stadiums too. Anyone know if they have done anything different with the crowd?

I just hope the custom free kicks dont spoil it. There could be a hole in it where it lets people score all the time - that would be terrible news online (I wouldnt use it in the single player because it would spoil it)

By the way Hughsey. How do you score from a corner (dont say ask Ped)? People were doing it last year and I had no clue how to do it - again, I wouldnt be using it because it kind of spoils it for me.

You cant tell??! Usually notice when running down the wing and my player doesnt just run in a straight line anymore - requires greater control.

The heading has been improved too - requires more than just a button press, now requires greater timing and positioning.

• 2 weeks later...
You cant tell??! Usually notice when running down the wing and my player doesnt just run in a straight line anymore - requires greater control.

I think maybe the problem is that some people thought that they were going to get sensible S0ccer type movements when really real players don't move like that.

(The filter is changing S0ccer to Football which is why its like that :D )

WTF is games on demand?!

The 360 has something that you log into and pay a fee to play a game over a stream (kind of) however I thought this was only for old xbox games and not new ones. Someone could correct me on this though as I do not have an xbox

Well actually I think they have done something new which enables buying games via download to the xbox360. Basically you download some sort of image install it and play on your own console. You can also put it on a external drive and play it friends, but only if you log on to live with your profile...

An extra upside for me is that my dvd-drive wont ruin the disc...

That being said I am not 100 % sure its possible to do it today, nut I saw it there a few days ago and it they didnt mention anything about a later release date.

I was working on the 20th October as a release date - apparently that's the US release date. If IGN are to be believed It's the 2nd of October in the UK which will explain why Play are saying it's in stock.

Bring it on!! I'm still getting it from the shop though as I hate waiting for the post. Only a couple of days away though - awesome.

I ordered mine from play for 40 quid. Amazon had it for £35.00 but showing as not in stock so I've chanced my arm that play might deliver it a bit earlier.

Can't wait - I think I'll have another crack at starting up a brfcs league. I'll start a new thread soon and hopefully some kind soul will make it sticky as it drifted down the forum too easily last time.

People who are playing FIFA at the moment have downloaded it illegally and are playing it on a "chipped" or "flashed" Xbox 360.

I have heard that Asda will be selling FIFA 10 for £25 between Midnight - 6.00am (Friday).

We should definately get a BRFCS league going again on PS3/360.

I'd be in the PS3 league, my username is brfc1987, some of you may still have it on your friends list from the league last year. Some really great matches were played in the league last year and it would be excellent to get it going again, but completed this time. We should make it a rule that if you know that your not going to be able to complete all your matches, then your booted.

I really cannot wait until Friday to play the full game now. I've got it on pre-order at Gamexchange in Bolton (got a lot of store credit there) but I am very tempted to head down to Asda if its £25 and pick it up from there to play it all night online.

Once we have all had a bash of the new game - 1 or 2 weeks, il set up the PS3 league again - hopefully this year the league format is slightly better. It wasnt clear last time who had played who etc and who was still outstanding. We can make the rules once we know what options it gives us this time....

I know 2 store managers of Asda, so iv asked them for info on the £25 deal or a possible early copy for me...

Fifa bug update almost ready - maybe on launch day, maybe just after........Title update with last-minute fixes ready “very close to launch” this Friday

“By the time the demo hit 360 and PS3 we’d almost finished the entire game and were anxiously awaiting feedback. By the point that you guys were playing the game we’d already removed a bunch of issues in the game.

“We made sure dribbling was smoother than ever; the ball was trapped even more effectively; headers were stronger from defending players; and that crosses weren’t as exploitable when played in early. We’d also spent time tweaking first-time passes and shots to make them ‘feel’ better, and had fixed a couple of crashes, too.

“So it was nice to see some of these ‘complaints’ raised on the forums and know we’d already fixed them.”

Rutter also confirmed that a downloadable patch should be ready by the time the game hits shelves this Friday.

“These last-minute fixes will be delivered to you in an update available at launch – or very, very close to launch,” he explained.

“We’re going through the first-party testing at the moment as I write this, and believe that we’ll get through that rigorous testing in time to make it available for 2nd October

Archived