BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol - if ever there was an advert to get a PS3 over an xbox, I'm a walking talking example. I'll be on my 3rd xbox in 3 years... <_<

it's not going to sink in until tomorrow

Do you realise NOBODY hires out consoles anymore? I know blockbuster used to do it but I've slowly come to the realisation that I'm snookered. :angry:

I had a xbox then realised what a pile of @#/? they are, grab yourself a ps3.

lol - if ever there was an advert to get a PS3 over an xbox, I'm a walking talking example. I'll be on my 3rd xbox in 3 years... <_<

it's not going to sink in until tomorrow

Do you realise NOBODY hires out consoles anymore? I know blockbuster used to do it but I've slowly come to the realisation that I'm snookered. :angry:

Gutted Mate - Still would not have a PS3 over a 360(I'm on my 7th)

I worked at Blockbuster when they rented out consoles, was an absoloute nightmare to process because of the precautions you had to take. They stopped doing it because of the thieves and because when Sony released PS2 Sony didnt want them to rent them out also the rental copies of items can cost 5 times what normal customers pay.

I forgot about FIFA 10 after reading Snatchy's plight, I got it today and at the moment it feels like something is missing. I dont think its a bad game but it lacks a spark that makes me feel 'wow' about it. I can score a goal and it's just meh I scored.

After that statement - WHY?

The pad!!!

I feel like I'm going to snap a PS3 pad in half everytime I play. There are other factors I like about the 360 but its mainly the pad that does it for me.

I have considered a PS3 in the past but all it would be is a Blu Ray player to me, Im not blown away by most Sony Exclusives Games wise, Gran Turismo will probably make me buy one though.

Guest Kamy100

The pad!!!

I feel like I'm going to snap a PS3 pad in half everytime I play. There are other factors I like about the 360 but its mainly the pad that does it for me.

I have considered a PS3 in the past but all it would be is a Blu Ray player to me, Im not blown away by most Sony Exclusives Games wise, Gran Turismo will probably make me buy one though.

Uncharted 2 is the game that is going to convince people to buy a PS3, looks great, plays great and has got extremely good review.

Gran Turismo will probably make me buy one though.

Possibly, although my feeling is Forza 3 is going to knock that into a cocked hat with it's customisation options and, if the demo is anything to go by, handling and physics models so accurate you will have to get a wheel to appreciate it.

Asides the machines infuriatingly crap build and none existent "customer care" I think if someone gave me a choice now I'd still stick with the 360. Seems to have the edge on exclusive titles, it seems for every Sony one, there is an xbox one of equal stature and then some. And yes, the controllers are better.

Anyway someone get some more FIFA comments up I'm getting withdrawal symptoms here, hope my xbox is having a nice flight...

I've played a bit more now and there are still a few annoying things - like not being able to save goals to the HD (you can only upload them and must have a Gold account). My GameFace doesn't want to download either, after having created it online it says it can't find my face when I try to download it, I've completely lost face :D

Still think it is the best FIFA ever which I'm glad about as EA have a terrible habit of taking one step forward and two back with sequels (like Fight Night 4!)

I queued up at the local Asda for about half hour. It was worth the wait though.

The ball moves a lot more freely and it ricochetes(sp) a lot more often. I think that shooting is much more harder than last year too.

Someone asked about the menus. They are new and more slick than last year.

I'm glad that they brought back the option to edit kit numbers in manager mode :-)

It is harder to break defences (as they promised). I had Samba and Chimbonda clearing the ball after Nelsen was caught slow.

Rovers players have decent stats to begin with.

The only thing i'm not sure about so far (only played 3 maches) is how the players fall over. I literally had a pile up in one match!

Still, it is better than 09, but will take some adjusting after getting so used to it.

I got mine at asda last night, the que looked huge on 1st entry and the staff were pretty unprepared at the start imo but after half an hour or so they had it going down smoothly.

The whole game play is a vast improvement on 09, it is a lot more unpredictable and at times scrappy, but thats what I prefer rather than the scripted game play of previous Fifa games.

Scoring is a lot more difficult in the box, but long range efforts are more realistic. One thing I have noticed is that the tackling has improved the most, you can now slide tackle and win the ball without them getting up to their foot 10x faster than you.

I also heard No Nay Never being sung by the fans in Rovers v Inbreds match, although I'm not sure if it's their hillbillies singing it or our fans.

Thankyou to those who posted the special offer available at asda, very much appreciated.

Look forward to playing some games with you all, just hope Valencia are as good on 10 as they were on 09 lol

Just had abit of a play with it last night when I got in - but im at work today so not too much on it.

There is now a FIFA 10 store on the game which is where downloadable content will be added - i.e. the Bernabaeu (sp) is available to download at the start - so this should be a nice add on.

Iv set up some nice custom free-kicks which should come in very handy!! Its just a case of timing the ball right now.

Crosses are much better too - you can now score from a cross by simply flicking the ball off your player - I managed it last night in my 1st game.

Online game play is also better as you can now set up game based on star ratings - so that you wont face Barca, Madrid, United or Chelsea every single game!!

I played 1 game against the PS3 on the top level and it was much harder than last years. Took me until extra time to win.

Overall the game is an improvement and much harder, and I think it will take me quite some time to get used to the new gameplay, after being quite good last season on the old format!!

The general impression I'm getting around the internet is that this is going to be a real grower. I think, like the legendary PES 5 you may have to invest some time in it to really appreciate it - something I always look for in a football game.

Apparently some are saying (IGN) that once you get sucked in it makes FIFA 09 look like just a build up to "the big one".

I'm sure this won't be for everyone - but it looks like it could be a real ground breaker and may well join the annals of Match Day (kids, you don't know your born...), Kick Off 2, Sensible football, ISS Pro and PES 5 - all games that have said "av' a bit of that" to it's competitors.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got some Wii Tennis to play :angry:

Wasnt adidas live season free last time. I notice on this version you have to pay 3.99 for it.

Yeah you got the first year free (so it was effectively free anyway) for I think Premier League updates only though). Not too impressed with that mind but if you get all the main European league live updates I won't grumble. Also if it's £25.00 in Asda I guess your not paying a bad net price. Any mention of ultimate team 2 in there?

Yeah live season was free last time - to be honest squads always need updating for online play anyway, so dont really see why you would need to purchase it?!

No sign of Fifa Ultimate team yet - will no doubt follow later through the store.

The game is much harder thats for sure. I think this game will also be much better for those who use non assisted functions like passing and crossing etc.

What do people have their controls set at? Im going to try them all non assisted later...

Archived