BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Cocker, did you order from Shopto, if so then your game will be delayed because the local sorting office where Shopto is based has been on strike so all deliveries have been affected.

Looks like there are some major bugs in manager mode, real shame because I love playing manager mode and I can't believe that these have got through EA's Quality Assurance process:

Taken from EA FORUMS:

1. Players i sign will leave the club without warning before/during the next window (sounds like a bit of a Campbell to me )

2. I cannot renew my players contracts or offer them an extension on their current deal until the end of the season, therefore the automatic deal may take up a lot more of my wage budget (at a club like Torquay it will be small so i don't want to use it all up on renewing a few players contracts)

3. Even before i consider numbers 1 & 2 i have to be aware that it may not be possible to sign any players on mananger mode (have EA included the transfer embargo given to Chelsea on all teams now?? )

4. I will have to play a lot of my manager mode games at night (being a Torquay fan this does not really bother me as we've recently come up from the BSQ Premier where a lot of games are played at night)

5. A cup final if/when i get there will be played at night, what is that all about, maybe EA are looking to the future of football (Saturday night cup finals)

6. If i happen to win league 2 and maybe the league cup, Torquay will all of a sudden become better than Real Madrid overnight with my players/team ratings shooting through the roof.

- No matter where I am in the league table, as the players are coming out at the start of a match and the league table flashes up quickly, it ALWAYS says I'm 6th. Even if I'm near the bottom of the league, it will still say I'm 6th

- Snowy matches should give you an orange or yellow ball. Also, it's very hard to see the touchline on a snowy game.

- No one will sign a new contract... would this change if I spent points on upgrading the Negotiator in staff upgrades?? This is very disappointing because I'm going to lose half my team at the end of the first season.

- I put 6 past Villa, I put 6 past Man Utd, well placed at 3rd in the league, yet I still get told at the start of every game that my position as manager is under-threat.

- About 10 games into my first season, with my manager rating at half a star, I get board comments saying "a manager of your caliber should perform better in this league"

- I loaned out a few of my youths in the summer window, then in the Jan window I noticed my loanee's were being sold on (their names came up in the transfer summary window after a game) - I haven't reached the end of the first season yet, but when I do, if they do not come back, it's not really a loan is it? I've basically sold them for free - against my will.

- I haven't experienced this yet but someone has mentioned players just leaving the club without any transfer negotiations? IF this happens to me then MM is over, because I play as Everton with all the current squad etc I try to keep it as realistic as possible.

- Half empty stadiums is a big let down, I haven't once experienced a good match atmosphere as of yet. Maybe this gets better as your manager rep goes up??

Cocker, did you order from Shopto, if so then your game will be delayed because the local sorting office where Shopto is based has been on strike so all deliveries have been affected.

Yep I did. I wish I'd have known because I would have ordered from somewhere else.

Good Job I didnt take a day off to play it.

Reading that bug list though maybe its a good job I dont have it so they have time to patch it <_<

Guest Kamy100

Yup very poor from Shopto that they didn't tell customers about potential delays.

You could buy it from game and then when your Shopto copy arrives take that back to game or send it back to Shopto for a refund.

Yeah the manager mode bugs are annoying, no way that I can start that until these are patched, so will be playing online and cup tournaments until they are fixed.

Well I should have guessed to be fair when I read that they had pulled the offer to give £3 back to you if the order was late - which it is going to be now.

As said I cant get to Game today anyway and maybe not tomorrow either so may just have to suck it and see when the shopto one comes. My tracking details say its still at the start point so I have a bit of a wait but I am not the only one.

Off to cancel the Uncharted order anyway - shame because its not their fault.

Live season over here last season wasn't completely free. For Fifa 09 you only got a code to unlock one of the leagues updates and had to pay for the other leagues or buy the master unlock individually.

Also, pretty upset to hear about these manager mode bugs and they hyped up the talk of the improvements so much. Big fan of manager mode too, but it was so bad I couldn't even play it on 09. I guess I'll have to keep doing Be a Pro careers.

Everywhere in Southampton, which is selling the game under £30 has sold out. After spending a few hours walking around the different stores, I got home in a very bad mood with no game but with a couple of t-shirts just to cheer me up as I know the weekend could potentially get worse if we get hammered on Sunday against Arsenal like we usually do.

Thankfully after checking a few websites, I found that Amazon.co.uk have cut their prices and are selling it for £24.97 so straight away I ordered it and will have to wait till Monday/Tuesday for the game.

What does scripted mean?

And curse my stupid xbox with it's stupid red lights, and stupid me for buying it preowned = no guarantee. Bring on next week, where my wage will go on a new one with Fifa

Remind me again why people would want to pre order the game for over 30 quid when you can buy it from Asda Tesco and morrisons for 25 quid on release day?

What are first impressions then?

I find it much harder to get away from defenders, even with pacey players. If you go anywhere near a defender you just get pushed off the ball. Also dribbling is extremely difficult. Though I play a passing game so has actually helped calm the ronaldo and rooney dribblers down. Shooting is also more technical. Less accurate but can score some nice placed shots into the corners.

Played about 10 games online so far and havent lost. Won about 8 and drawn 2. Only two games were ranked though.

Remind me again why people would want to pre order the game for over 30 quid when you can buy it from Asda Tesco and morrisons for 25 quid on release day?

because as i have already said we dont have either here

Guest Kamy100

I have turned the game play down to slow, was finding that on normal the game played was to fast.

Played about 10 game and I am like it. FIFA 09 was a revolution, but what they have done for FIFA 10 is fine tune the game, so when you initially play it you think that it is FIFA 9.5 but the more I play the more I see things that they have improved. There are some alarming bugs in the game, particularly in Manager Mode, if they can sort these out then just like FIFA 09 this game will be to death just like FIFA 09 was.

Just played it on 360!

seems very good, but is annoying when the defenders just seem to push u off the ball! also it seems very hard to turn a man without having to run towards the wings!

will really enjoy this game i think but will take time to ajust from 09!

I advise people to practice some set pieces in the arena set up - iv got some quality set pieces set up, and iv also mastered certain free-kicks too.

Corners are also coming along very nicely aswell.

As for the game speed - cant understand why anyone would want it to be slower.....?

Guest Kamy100

I advise people to practice some set pieces in the arena set up - iv got some quality set pieces set up, and iv also mastered certain free-kicks too.

Corners are also coming along very nicely aswell.

As for the game speed - cant understand why anyone would want it to be slower.....?

For me on normal it is to fast, I guess everyone has different preferences.

Picked this game up from Gamexchange on Wednesday, so dodgy the guy couldn't even give me a receipt, but I had a load of store credit so I am not too fussed about the lower prices on release day in the supermarkets.

This game is very good, but also very frustrating at the same time. I was 2-0 up earlier on and the opposition had a shot that went clearly into the side netting and out for a corner kick, yet it cut straight to a kick off situation with the score at 2-1 instead of what should of been me taking a goal kick. I am not a fan of how fast players can be running with the ball, yet a smaller, slower player can somehow catch them up and knock the bigger, faster player to the ground without a freekick being given. I had Emerton on the ball earlier, being knocked off the ball repeatedly by Theo Wallcot. ( I know Theo is faster, but there is no way he would be able to repeatedly not Bert MKIII off of the ball) The same has happened numerous times and i do not get how some people online are managing to knock all of my players over all the time, with most looking like clear fouls and yet not being reprimanded for it.

However, there are many plus points to this game. I really enjoy the set pieces in the game, especially freekicks on the edge of the box using Capdevia, he just bends them all in with his left foot and I must of had between 10-15 online freekicks in the back of the net since Wednesday. I really like how it has stopped the Ronaldo runners online, I've played Real Madrid countless times online and only lost twice to them, both times they were used properly and not by 'give it to Ronny and run' players. Manager mode, despite its bugs has been fun so far. I've got Notts County into the Championship so far and won the FA cup. Very glad that the sim fixture is still there as I could not bring myself to play two whole seasons of lower league football. I enjoy being able to pick and choose the games I want to play and with the Virtual Pro this has made manager mode even more fun. My virtal pro has been an integral part of my side in both promotions so far and the accomplishments linked to completing certain criteria in certain game modes has made it more worthwhile to play more fixtures.

If anyone on the PS3 wants a game my username is brfc1987, so just add me or send me a message on here.

I best get off here and do some of my teaching file preparation work otherwise its no Fifa 10 for me tonight :(

I do think there is too much AI online. The AI at defending is stupidly good, im finding it impossible to shake off defenders. Half the people I play dont even bother trying to defend, they control a forward to close down, whilst letting the AI defend for them. I was beating one guy 2-0 so he gave up and left at 60 mins but didnt quit, just left his controller. The computer AI was as hard to score against as he was. Sometimes doesnt even feel like your playing another person, more like just a CPU game.

Saying that though, I do like how its more passing focussed. Pace doesnt seem hard to play against at all now. The only player that I have struggled to stop is Torres, but that was only because my arsenal defence were pushing up to the half way line and this guy just did long through ball over and over again.

Also does anyone find it hard to shoot or pass first time. So many times I press for a first time shot by a forward only for them to take a touch and get tackled or blocked

Guest Kamy100

Offline at the moment this game is good, especially on the harder difficulty levels, however I have come across a few occasions where the "AI" has cheated to score/block goals, all games have this and the good thing about FIFA 09 was able to hide it very well but at the moment FIFA 10 isn't able to do that.

Online this game rocks, I always play with manual or semi assisted controls, so one I look for a game online I filter it to manual players only. If you are playing this game with all assists on then I recommend that you play 10 games offline with semi-assisted or manual controls, I can guarantee once you get used to the controls it will it will increase your enjoyment of the game 1o fold, with assists on all you are doing is pressing buttons and involves little skill, also the game feels scripted. If you play with the assists of it involves more skills and also it opens the game up because you have so much more freedom.

The AI is alot stronger than last years especially on World Class and Legendary, they wont let you score easier and exploit them like on last years version, you feel like you have to work for your results. Having said that, you can absolutely batter them if you set your custom tactics up right. Lots of pressure and wingers who support you quick are the key.

Finding it very hard to break people down online. Almost everyone I play just keeps 10 men behind the ball then counter attacks. Finding it almost impossible to get any space with the new defensive AI.

Anyone else finding this?

Finding it very hard to break people down online. Almost everyone I play just keeps 10 men behind the ball then counter attacks. Finding it almost impossible to get any space with the new defensive AI.

Anyone else finding this?

Not on the bit iv played. Its much harder I admit and its much more tactical than the last one, however iv not yet struggled to break down online players.

Not had anywhere near as much game time on it yet so il hopefully get a good few hours on it tonight...Og what I have played, if found Arsenal very useful!

Archived